Score Prediciton- Packers at Eagles

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predict the score between the Eagles and the Packers

Eagles- 24
Packers- 13

Not to troll, but I think that the Eagles are a little bit ahead of the Packers, who appear to be rebuilding. Not to mention the fact that the Packers haven't won in Philly since '62 or something.

The Eagles rush defense should contain the packers rush offense. Green has been a great RB at times, but the offensive line isn't exactly great. If Green plays like he used to, who knows what this matchup will be?

The Eagles Pass defense is questionable vs. the Packers pass offense. It depends on which Brett Favre shows up, and whether Lito Sheppard plays. Bubba Franks is a good TE, but the Eagles have layed better so far, and pretty much contained them to performances below the TE's potential. The pass rush should handle the offensive line, though.

The Eagles pass offense should take care of the Packers pass defense. Not much of a question here.

The Eagles rush offense will be a wash with the Packers D. The Packers have a couple really good LB's and DL, and it all depends who is blocked and who gets a free release. I have a feeling it will either be a run for no gain, or an 8 yard run. Netierh side will be very consistent.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FF:

Pretty good assessment...

I don't see either team's D controlling the game and we will be blessed to see two quality QBs in this one. The Eagles O is on an impressive first half roll and I think they can continue same...

Gotta love this game!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the site guys, glad to have you here. No worries on the trolling, we appreciate fans from all teams that want to talk about the game!

OP
OP
F

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Welcome to the site guys, glad to have you here. No worries on the trolling, we appreciate fans from all teams that want to talk about the game!
Well, what's your prediction??? :wink:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers fan in my says a good game and the Packers 34 Eagles 21

If it's like years past, which I suspect it will be Eagles 42 Packers 13.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre can and will continue to play well.

I think the Eagles win this game 27-14. Favre throws 2 td passes and a tipped ball for an int. McNabb throws 2 td passes and westbrook runs for another.

I think their Blitz may hurt our young Oline. I will be very pleasantly surprised if MM, Jags, and Philbin get this line to play adequately against their front 7.

I think our D will struggle in this game badly. Westbrook looks VERY quick so far.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it will be a high scoreing game. packers 38 eagles 35.

or it will be a blow out. 42-17

it all depends on how the packers play on o because i know the packers d wont be much of a factor in this game based on how they have played.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont get the westbrook hype.

Hes good, damn good...but we held Reggie Bush in check(mostly) so ...why all the westbrook hype?

Also, if we can handle Detroits pass rush, we can handle the eagles, probably better(things were learned with that experiment in week 3).

Packers - 31
Eagles -28

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Hes good, damn good...but we held Reggie Bush in check(mostly) so ...why all the westbrook hype?

Also, if we can handle Detroits pass rush, we can handle the eagles, probably better(things were learned with that experiment in week 3).

Packers - 31
Eagles -28

In my opinion, Westbrook is in the top 2 or 3 at the running back position as a receiver threat. I dont mean in catching alot of dump off passes and running, i mean like running routes and making tough catches at full speed. Plus he is very fast and gets the extra yards after he is hit. He is the absoloutely perfect back for an offense that passes most of the time and dosent rely on him to be a 30 carry a game workhorse. Marshal Faulk used to be and i believe Reggie Bush will develop into that type of player as well. I hope the Saints use Reggie like that because if they try and make him a 30 carry workhorse, he is going to get nicked up and injured and i really want to see him develop. Just imagine if Barry Sanders had the receiving skills of Bush. He would have much less carries and much more total yards receiving

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles 38

Packers 27

Close game until the middle of the 3rd quarter when Green will lose a fumble and Favre throws a pick.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom, are you out of your mind??? With better teams, we never won there, why are you think we can win this one?
I always read your posts, and this one surprises me

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack can get out and score early, they will have a much easier time. Keep the motivation going. In fact, I think I would like to see Philly start with the ball.

Pack-27

Eagles-3

Yeah, alright, Philly will probably win by at least a TD. But it's about time for the Packers to win at the freakin' Vet.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDIT: after that one solid rant on the other thread, I can get down to business

abridged version...there are gonna be a lot of points put up in this one...its gonna look a lot like the saints game, few rushing yards, and both QB's will put up 300+

packers-27, eagles-24, just do it....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tano1998 said:
Trom, are you out of your mind??? With better teams, we never won there, why are you think we can win this one?
I always read your posts, and this one surprises me

That could have been posted b4 the Detroit game too

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to do this by stats. The Eagles are #1 in passing offense and Green Bay is 31st in passing defense. :( scary. But i believe we are a better team than San Fran. So i will say :

Eagles - 34
Packers - 24

I would love to see the Pack dominate this game, it would be a massive boost for the season. Butttttttt..... Until Woodson or Manuel learn to play, we gonna get burnt on every big pass play.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Good Side in me says Green Bay 24-21

The Bad side in me say the Eagles 35-24

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Packers - 31
Eagles -28

At this point Westbrook is MUCH better than Reggie Bush in the NFL.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will will win this one coming off a win this past week, they will be on a high...

Brett plays gret in this game: Packers: 24
Eagles: 14

GO PACK!!!!

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the Eaglesias also had a win last weekend and they are 2-1. I think it will be much closer and I hope, we will be on the winners side. P 27 : E 24

Members online

Latest posts