Schedule release date set

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
To me, looking at the list of opponents at the end of the season is more interesting than when they play. I plan on going to an away game or two but that's no matter when the games are scheduled.

Right but I live in Seattle and am traveling back to Green bay to see grandma and family and catch a game. The time frames I can go depend on a lot of things.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right but I live in Seattle and am traveling back to Green bay to see grandma and family and catch a game. The time frames I can go depend on a lot of things.
But you'll make a game, I get the excitement from an out of towner figuring out what game they might attend, but to me it's about seeing the opponents at the end of the season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
But you'll make a game, I get the excitement from an out of towner figuring out what game they might attend, but to me it's about seeing the opponents at the end of the season.

Yes Indeed I will. Crossing my fingers for New England. Should be an epic Rodgers vs Brady showdown. But yes I am happy making any game at Lambeau.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

No Way, I want that Seattle Game week 1. Seattle has major depth issues on D-line and the O-line has taken a step back. Van-Rotten might be there starting right guard. lol. They won't be able to stop Lacy and Starks. Play action will be there as I see Rodgers having enough time to eat hot dogs in the pocket. They wont get pressure with the 4 they have now and they will have to blitz. They lost 3 key defensive lineman. Screw there loud noise. I'm gonna be at the game and it doesn't get any better then beating the super bowl champs at there big loud house.

The Seahawks OL was one of the worst in the league last year, but if I remember correctly they still did pretty fine. On the DL they lost Bryant, Clemons and McDonald and will be able to compensate for their losses. It´s ridiculous to assume they won´t be able to stop our run game or get pressure on Rodgers because they lost three rotational guys on the DL during the offseason.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Way, I want that Seattle Game week 1. Seattle has major depth issues on D-line and the O-line has taken a step back. Van-Rotten might be there starting right guard. lol. They won't be able to stop Lacy and Starks. Play action will be there as I see Rodgers having enough time to eat hot dogs in the pocket. They wont get pressure with the 4 they have now and they will have to blitz. They lost 3 key defensive lineman. Screw there loud noise. I'm gonna be at the game and it doesn't get any better then beating the super bowl champs at there big loud house.

If they have depth issues, all the more reason NOT to play them Week 1. Let them get a little banged up before we come to play. This is not about fear of playing Seattle, it's about putting us in the best position to win the game. Moreover, I think you're under-estimating Seattle's pass rush. They abused us the last time we played them (8 sacks in one half) and since then have added Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. Sure they lost Clemons and few guys inside, but their pass rush is led by Avril and Bennett. Last time I checked they still have 3 of the best secondary players in the league as well, Thomas, Chancellor and loud-mouth Sherman, as well as a good LB core. We are not going to go to Seattle and simply have our way with them. I like your enthusiasm, however, I am just more of a realist.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Denver vs Seattle Sept 4th......that's just my opinion.....but maybe not....you never know.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Denver vs Seattle Sept 4th......that's just my opinion.....but maybe not....you never know.
Really doubt a SB rematch for the opener. That'd be two years running for Denver. I'd guess Dallas @ Seattle if I was pressed for a pick. Just becuse it is the Cowboys, not because it would be a good game.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers will play at Detroit in Week 3, host Lions in Week 17 at Lambeau.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers home schedule:

9/14 vs. Jets
10/2 vs. Vikings
10/19 vs. Panthers
11/2 Bye Week
11/9 vs. Bears
11/16 vs. Eagles
11/30 vs. Patriots
12/8 vs. Falcons
12/28 vs. Lions

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Tom Silverstein just confirmed Packers will open season at Seattle. If I´m correct, this means the home schedule can´t be accurate cause teams only play once on Thursday.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, we get the hardest first game, at the Super Bowl Champions.
At least, hopefully, we are at our healthiest. Even though we lose guys like Bulaga in Family night, and we have to make it thru 4 preseason games and all those practices.

We can out ourselves right back on top #1 of the precious "Power Rankings" if we go there and beat those *****s down.

We did outplay them last time there with the scab corrupt ref Lance Easley.
I think their offense can bog down this year. And if they suffer some injuries on defense, and it starts to fall apart slowly, they can miss the playoffs.

Take away Earl Thomas or Bobby Wagner, or Richard Sherman, they gonna suffer.

Remember, we lost Collins, lost Matthews last year, Heyward all year, Nick Perry most of the year, Jolly, etc.
Let them suffer that fate this year and see how great Pete Carroll is.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Silverstein just confirmed Packers will open season at Seattle. If I´m correct, this means the home schedule can´t be accurate cause teams only play once on Thursday.

Does it matter that the first Thursday game is the opener? Because I saw that we play the Bears in Week 4 and Week 10. If the leaked home schedule is right, it would mean we play three out of the first four on the road against Seattle, Detroit and Chicago. Ouch.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Does it matter that the first Thursday game is the opener? Because I saw that we play the Bears in Week 4 and Week 10. If the leaked home schedule is right, it would mean we play three out of the first four on the road against Seattle, Detroit and Chicago. Ouch.

You´re right, the teams playing in the season opener will play a second game on a Thursday, the Ravens and Broncos played another one last season as well.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Silverstein is reported it is indeed going to be Packers/Seahawks in the season opener.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, we get the hardest first game, at the Super Bowl Champions.
At least, hopefully, we are at our healthiest. Even though we lose guys like Bulaga in Family night, and we have to make it thru 4 preseason games and all those practices.

We can out ourselves right back on top #1 of the precious "Power Rankings" if we go there and beat those *****s down.

We did outplay them last time there with the scab corrupt ref Lance Easley.
I think their offense can bog down this year. And if they suffer some injuries on defense, and it starts to fall apart slowly, they can miss the playoffs.

Take away Earl Thomas or Bobby Wagner, or Richard Sherman, they gonna suffer.

Remember, we lost Collins, lost Matthews last year, Heyward all year, Nick Perry most of the year, Jolly, etc.
Let them suffer that fate this year and see how great Pete Carroll is.

Can't really compare the game this year to the Fail Mary game. A lot has changed. That was Russell Wilson's 2nd game as a pro, now he's basically a vet. They also have Harvin now (assuming he's healthy). We have changed players too. Not to beat a dead horse, but this is not a good draw for us, and I really do not understand any argument to the contrary. There is a reason the SB winner has never lost the opener since the NFL started doing this (minus Balt last year who had to play on the ROAD which is not the same). Can we win? Sure, we are a good team and if we play solid (and if Seattle doesn't play to their full potential), we can beat them. Will we win? I wouldn't put any money on it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That home game vs the Viqueens is a Thursday night.
The home game against Atlanta in December is a Monday nighter.
We know the opener at Seattle is also a Thursday night game.
Gotta be an early Sunday Night NBC game too. Road game probably.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't really compare the game this year to the Fail Mary game. A lot has changed. That was Russell Wilson's 2nd game as a pro, now he's basically a vet. They also have Harvin now (assuming he's healthy). We have changed players too. Not to beat a dead horse, but this is not a good draw for us, and I really do not understand any argument to the contrary. There is a reason the SB winner has never lost the opener since the NFL started doing this (minus Balt last year who had to play on the ROAD which is not the same). Can we win? Sure, we are a good team and if we play solid (and if Seattle doesn't play to their full potential), we can beat them. Will we win? I wouldn't put any money on it.
Right, but no pressure at all on us. I like the game being week 1, not later.
We knew we were playing there anyway sometime.
Might as well showcase to the world RIGHT AWAY with everyone watching, including all the other teams, that WE are back on top.

I love our team if we add 2-3 worthy players in the Draft.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The argument on the contrary is because it's just awesome. As a football fan, I want to see the Packers in the biggest games. So what if we end up 0-1 again anyway. We've shown two years in a row it's not a big deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts