"Scat"tenheimer

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marty was here...our Pass D was weak. He left....the Pass D improved...he's back...Pass D down again. This are should have been improved due to the FA's and gained experience of some rookies and 1st year players. I gupled when I originally saw the MM hire of MS. Now I can buy into the incohesiveness and early miscommunications of the DB group...but they should be improving.
So when I see a quote from him saying, ("When it was down to the important part of the football game, the guys responded and did a hell of a job," secondary coach Kurt Schottenheimer said.) I have to question when is the football game not important. We have given up 24 big plays, of which, 20 have been by pass. All balmed on miscommunications and not knowing the guys around you intentions.
I may be bashing a bit, but what does this guy do? I'm no expert by any means in the ways of the Secondary coach, but I am puzzled as why this talent level of DB's aren't improving and playing at least average in the league.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must say I am not a big fan of MS but I will also say that the DB's and LB's are making significant errors on big plays in which they have been prepared for in practice but have not performed in the games.

Many big plays allowed are obvious screw ups by the backs. Other big plays result from missed assignments not so easily detected.

Carroll biting on a fake as the deep back with another player in front of the receiver in perfect position is just a bone head move. Just as frustrating is watching Manuel freeze back there 10 yards too deep on a blitz call when he should be much further up on the line to defend the toss to the back (allowing an easy TD on Sunday).

Not so easily detected breakdowns include the TD pass to Williams where Collins got burned. He ended up one on one with Williams and he got by Collins to the corner. What you might not know is Poppinga was SUPPOSED to be over there on Williams on his inside shoulder taking the inside of the field away early. Collins could have then been where he should have been to the outside and in better position to take the corner away.

Poppinga missed a similar assignment on the long pass to Horn in the Saints game. He lined up wrong and gave the receiver the lane on the DB.

I will not give Ms any great grades but I am not prepared to say he largely responsible for the mistakes made on the field.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I must say I am not a big fan of MS but I will also say that the DB's and LB's are making significant errors on big plays in which they have been prepared for in practice but have not performed in the games.

Many big plays allowed are obvious screw ups by the backs. Other big plays result from missed assignments not so easily detected.

Carroll biting on a fake as the deep back with another player in front of the receiver in perfect position is just a bone head move. Just as frustrating is watching Manuel freeze back there 10 yards too deep on a blitz call when he should be much further up on the line to defend the toss to the back (allowing an easy TD on Sunday).

Not so easily detected breakdowns include the TD pass to Williams where Collins got burned. He ended up one on one with Williams and he got by Collins to the corner. What you might not know is Poppinga was SUPPOSED to be over there on Williams on his inside shoulder taking the inside of the field away early. Collins could have then been where he should have been to the outside and in better position to take the corner away.

Poppinga missed a similar assignment on the long pass to Horn in the Saints game. He lined up wrong and gave the receiver the lane on the DB.

I will not give Ms any great grades but I am not prepared to say he largely responsible for the mistakes made on the field.

Thats true. Lets hope it pans out...

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm not really sure how Kurt Schottenheimer = MS or Marty for that matter but he does suck!

It's a Sherman bashing "reflex" with some posters DePack..

just ignore it..it won't go away.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
DePack said:
I'm not really sure how Kurt Schottenheimer = MS or Marty for that matter but he does suck!

It's a Sherman bashing "reflex" with some posters DePack..

just ignore it..it won't go away.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Often it happens in genetics. One of the siblings has the good combination of genes and the other gets the bad combination.

Kurt's ability as a coach can be seen in his resume. He goes from job to job each season. He keeps getting hired, the team discovers his abilities and he is released at the end of the season.

In the last 7 seasons he has had 6 jobs with 6 different teams.

Sometimes it is better to give a new guy a chance rather than go with an experienced failure.

His brother will not hire him anymore.

In his defense though he has been saddled with bad GM decision on Manuel who is playing due to the injury to Underwood and the premature cutting of Roman.

OP
OP
C

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad....I had Marty on my mind but KS is the correct answer. Damn beer buzz. Nonetheless I believe Sh!ttenheimer or Scattenheimer offer the vital information in regards to whom we refer.

Members online

Latest posts