SB MVP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What were the odds of Manning (Eli, not Peyton) winning the SB MVP at the beginning of the season? What a miraculous turn around he is having.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What were the odds of Manning (Eli, not Peyton) winning the SB MVP at the beginning of the season? What a miraculous turn around he is having.
Peyton SB winner one year, his little brother the next.
(Thank god there isn't a THIRD Manning in the league right now!)

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Eli really came through for them at the end there. Stayed cool, almost too cool at times, and made two great drives. In fact, on that one play where he dodged the sack and made that throw to Tyree, I was thinking Eli's play was Favre-esque.

Just joking about that Favre-esque part :D

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Mrs. Archie???

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4thand26 said:

Mrs. Archie???
Didn't she marry "Jughead???" :lol:

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
cheesey said:
4thand26 said:

Mrs. Archie???
Didn't she marry "Jughead???" :lol:

LOL......We called Eli that oftentimes during his career.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
cheesey said:
steveGB said:
i thought justin tuck deserved it more
If Eli hadn't made that last big drive, he wouldn't have got it. But he did it when it counted most.

SteveGB made an excellent choice in Tuck.

Actually I would vote Steve Smith... the youngster played big tonight, that third down catch right before the Plax TD... key play. One of many big catches for him tonight.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that like last year the MVP was really deserved by a whole group of players. Last year it was the Colts' running backs, and this year the Giants' defensive front 7 for being the first team to give Brady less than 3 minutes to throw.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not just the beginning of the season--how about the middle, or even very close to the end? Manning was still being dumped on at that point. I thought the criticism was a little over the top, although at that point he was still very inconsisent, so some of it was deserved.

He sure got consistent in a hurry, didn't he? Only one interception in the postseason, and it hit his receiver on the hands.

I think he was a very easy choice for MVP of the game. You've got to lean toward the QB as your MVP choice in a game like that because of how much responsibility he has, and Eli handled it very well. There was no Desmond Howard type performance by anyone else that would have stole Eli's thunder. Justin Tuck had a very nice game, but he was one among many of the defenders that swarmed Brady.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Somebody will offer their brother a contract...haha!

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The name needs to be changed from Most Valuable Player to Person. I don't think Eli deserved to be MVP. The pass to Tyree was just a jump ball.

The biggest standouts were Defensive and if you cannot decide on one I say give it to Spagnuolo.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Could you imagine being Archie?

I'd be so proud to have both of my sons with SB rings. That's amazing! He's probably one of the happiest men alive.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basic rule now is QB gets MVP no matter what which bugs me cause people will nag why Favre doesn't have a sB MVP and yet his SB #'s were better then probably almost every MVP since but not saying I had a problem with Howard winning it

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basic rule now is QB gets MVP no matter what which bugs me cause people will nag why Favre doesn't have a sB MVP and yet his SB #'s were better then probably almost every MVP since but not saying I had a problem with Howard winning it
Favre would have got it, had Howard not been so huge in that game. But who knows, maybe had he not had such a big game, maybe we would'nt have won.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts