saying hi

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ehhhh... Starks has kind of been a disappointment (to me anyway). I thought he was really going to break out. Grant has been getting hot the last 1/4 of the season though

Starks has been hurt all year. Probably won't be totally healthy yet on Sunday either. That hurts. Saine is a guy to watch on screen though for sure. Grant will get the tough yards. Won't be flashy but will be productive.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had lots of help from Favre.
dont be foolish the giants out played the packers in everyway that day..the packers were also aided that day by a fluke 90 yard td to driver from #4...the past is the past..try to focus on this game. the pack were lucky to get to OT in that game.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
look...the packers are great...but they are one demontional...The giants are big dogs in this game i get that...btw the o-line of the saints is very physical they have two of the best guards in the league.

Sitton is one of the best guards in the game, and wells is a very physical center. You need to watch more packers games.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks has been hurt all year. Probably won't be totally healthy yet on Sunday either. That hurts. Saine is a guy to watch on screen though for sure. Grant will get the tough yards. Won't be flashy but will be productive.

it seems like hes been breaking long runs lately though. Grant looked good, i thought he would be done with the emergence of STarks, then especially after he got injured

But hes a Jersey boy, so hes good in my book

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont be foolish the giants out played the packers in everyway that day..the packers were also aided that day by a fluke 90 yard td to driver from #4...the past is the past..try to focus on this game. the pack were lucky to get to OT in that game.
After that game I could see who wanted it more and had a feeling that your Giants were going to beat the Pats and I was rooting for them to do so.
When we don't play each other, I like the Giants.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton is one of the best guards in the game, and wells is a very physical center. You need to watch more packers games.

well I don't think hes that off to make a statement about being one dimensional. Truth is you guys have no shown that you can run this year. 27th in total yards and 26th in ypc as a team

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it seems like hes been breaking long runs lately though. Grant looked good, i thought he would be done with the emergence of STarks, then especially after he got injured

But hes a Jersey boy, so hes good in my book

He had a long TD on a screen pass last week. I was there and it looked like he was running in slow motion! He's good for grind it out yards though and has looked better w more reps.

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After that game I could see who wanted it more and had a feeling that your Giants were going to beat the Pats and I was rooting for them to do so.
When we don't play each other, I like the Giants.

me too, its like wise. I actually had u guys winning it all in 09 when u guys battled to the death with Warner in Zona

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I don't think hes that off to make a statement about being one dimensional. Truth is you guys have no shown that you can run this year. 27th in total yards and 26th in ypc as a team

True, but that's misleading. You guys are dead last but I wouldn't say you can't run. A lot of it is context.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's Chris Canty, and yes it is pretty cool. He is the originator of that mask on our team, Tuck started using that this year.
I thought I head an announcer say it had to do with an injury?
What's the story, if there is one and you know, behind that face mask?

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but that's misleading. You guys are dead last but I wouldn't say you can't run. A lot of it is context.

your right, but the difference about it is that we've had our oline road graters out and bradshaw and JAcobs have basically missed a full season between the two of them. Since we've gotten healthy we've gotten our rushing game back. But I hear ya

OP
OP
meyerbudNYG

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure about Canty

but I know tuck got it becaus ehe had a neck injury and a scumbag Philly olineman intentionally grabbed his face masked like 2 plays in a row and ****** his neck side to side. Tuck been banged up as it is this year, so tuck switched to that facemask because u can't get ur fingers in it.

I would imagine that was mostly the reason Canty does it, but I think it has to do with looking badass. Hes a large individual

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He got a detached retina from a bar incident before he joined the NFL. The doctor told him if you ever get poked in the eye your career will be over. So now he wears the visor and face-mask to make sure no fingers can get through. Plus it looks awesome!

Tuck uses it for the same reason because a Philly player twisted his neck.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your right, but the difference about it is that we've had our oline road graters out and bradshaw and JAcobs have basically missed a full season between the two of them. Since we've gotten healthy we've gotten our rushing game back. But I hear ya

Guess we pretty much agree. All I'm saying is don't be surprised when our total rush numbers Sunday are a lot higher than you'd expect. Especially if the game is close. People forget how multi-faceted this offense can be because we have been in a ton of high profile air it out shoot outs this year. It's sort of the same on the giants end with all due respect to the njuries. Kind of the way the league is these days, which is why these porous secondaries are all still playing.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think starks reminds me of bradshaw..if he is ever healthy he will be a nice back for you guys.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think starks reminds me of bradshaw..if he is ever healthy he will be a nice back for you guys.

Nah, Bradshaw is much faster and wayyyyy shifter. Starks is like a homeless hepatitis infected mans Adrian Peterson. Please don't take that as me putting him anywhere near that league, he is just that TYPE of back. Saine is kind of like Bradshaw, but raw.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that Grant will be the primary RB throughout the playoffs with Kuhn doing grunt FB work and Brandon Saine in there for a few screens. The nagging ankle injuries that Starks has been dealing with make him look slow.

Members online

Latest posts