Saturday signs with Packers!!!

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice signing TT! Good short term replacment who can still perform physically and knows every detail about playing the position. Got him for somewhere btwn 3-3.5mil per year I heard, Not to pricey and alot less than Wells. Now we can use most of the picks on D and fill the long term C replacement with a mid round pick.

Getting Lawson would be nice too. That would be a very satisfactory FA'cy signing period for me. The rest can be addressed in the draft.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. Regardless of whether they get Konz or whoever, it's hard for any rookie to play in that ZBS right out of college. Besides, they need EDS for depth.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it. Regardless of whether they get Konz or whoever, it's hard for any rookie to play in that ZBS right out of college. Besides, they need EDS for depth.

I think Konz would be very difficult to pass up if available at #28 but I don't think we'll have to worry about that problem. I really see TT trading down unless some can't pass up prospect falls, which would be nice.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Konz would be very difficult to pass up if available at #28 but I don't think we'll have to worry about that problem. I really see TT trading down unless some can't pass up prospect falls, which would be nice.

I would prefer the packers to trade down actually, I am a big fan of accumulating picks.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Underrated signing IMO.

I thought maybe there was a small chance he might return to the Colts but there was never a word from Jeff. I don't think he wanted to help break in Luck at this point in his career and he wants to go where he has his best shot at getting another ring before he hangs it up.

He is a great fit for the Packers offense. He gives it 100%, he is a great leader, a great guy and has loads of big game experience.

I think Aaron will love him.

The Colts sucked last year (especially at QB) but there were a few players that played suprisingly well if you watched every game. Jeff was one of them IMO. His run blocking was actually really good last season too.

He will give the Packers 100%. I know he wants to be in Green Bay since he turned down Denver and Manning.

I love this signing!!!!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Saturday has to be one of the more intelligent players in the NFL making all of the line
calls in the complex Colts' offense. Love the signing as you can never have enough leaders
in the locker room and we can now concentrate on defense in the first few rounds of the draft.
Also, last year was the first year for Newhouse and Lang as starters. I would expect them
and even Bulaga to be better with more experience.

Still hoping we can sign Lawson, Ryan Grant and Nick Collins can return.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
When Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers takes the snap from center, it won't come from just some guy the team hopes is as tough and as smart as Scott Wells, their former anchor on the offensive line.

Source: JSOnline.com

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the signing. Although, I really have no clue how well the guy has played the past couple of seasons. I'm assuming he'll be decent at worst. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us draft Konz if he falls to 28.
As much as I'd like to get Konz I'd rather have Poe or Perry.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Just when you think you have TT figured out, he does go out and do a FA deal. Saturday should be good for two years, but we still need to draft a young stud future replacement for center at some point. Say a new Scotty Wells type.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think this means it's wide open again for TT on Day One. No question here what TT has to do without Saturday if Konz was there. Now, I really doubt he goes Konz and we see a C selected in Round 3, 4, or, even 5. Too many good Centers come in these rounds. Besides, you pay these 1st round guys too much to sit on the bench. I'm all for grooming draft picks but 1st rounders need to be guys that play and contribute right away IMO. They get too much cash not to be ready to go right away. The exception being maybe OT, QB, and, CB. Those positions do seem to take more time typically to learn from how they play these positions in college.
Good luck trying to figure what Ted does on Day One now, guys.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
This is Great. I really thought Jeff would end up in Denver. 1 year removed from 2 consecutive Pro Bowls, Years of playoff and leadership experience. One of the players guys in the CBA talks. A gutsy, smart player. What more could we ask for to solidify a young line in flux.

We now have a proven veteran warhorse leader with many playoffs and two SB's in resume, on to the D TT, nice move.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It'd be hard to take a center in the 1st unless he was a player similar in caliber to a M Pouncey...not sure Konz is in the same league as him.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...yton-manning-explain-green-bay-packers-choice

New Packers center Jeff Saturday called Peyton Manning as soon as he signed his deal with Green Bay, he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Many expected Saturday to sign with whichever team landed Manning. But Saturday told the newspaper in a telephone interview on Saturday that the Packers were a better fit for him than the Denver Broncos would have been.

The Packers did not groom an obvious replacement at center, a rarity for them and just one reason why the addition of Jeff Saturday was necessary, writes Kevin Seifert. Blog

"Peyton is a close friend and I loved playing with him," Saturday told the newspaper. "I loved the time we spent together. It was the most difficult call I've ever made. I told him before anyone else that I was going to Green Bay.

"I told him I don't think the Broncos wanted me as much as he did. They've got things going on that they're happy with and are moving forward with and I didn't think it was an exact fit. I always felt like in Green Bay I was their very first choice."

League sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Saturday's deal is for $7.75 million, including $4 million in 2012.

"My body feels great and I'm really excited about joining (the Packers)," Saturday told the newspaper. "It's a great group of guys. I'm really happy. I saw those two guys beside me (guards T.J. Lang and Josh Sitton) and they're a pair of studs. And the way the tackles have played speaks for themselves.

"I think I'm going to have a ton of fun with those guys."

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think this means it's wide open again for TT on Day One. No question here what TT has to do without Saturday if Konz was there. Now, I really doubt he goes Konz and we see a C selected in Round 3, 4, or, even 5. Too many good Centers come in these rounds. Besides, you pay these 1st round guys too much to sit on the bench. I'm all for grooming draft picks but 1st rounders need to be guys that play and contribute right away IMO. They get too much cash not to be ready to go right away. The exception being maybe OT, QB, and, CB. Those positions do seem to take more time typically to learn from how they play these positions in college.
Good luck trying to figure what Ted does on Day One now, guys.

I agree on Konz I doubt they take him now. It seems to me that there are going to be alot of players with the same value available when TT picks at #28. Its hard to know how he has all of these late first, early second rounders graded and how they fit into our systems (Def & Off). But its looks fairly likely that he trades down a bit to get a player at the relatively same value as #28.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sure you're pumped for the Saturday signing so the Packers can draft the best available quarterback now!

Yeah anyways. How will the Packers every survive now that TT let Flynn go? What in the world is TT thinking? They lost out on Tebow and not just anyone has the talent to hold a clipboard in the right way.

Latest posts