Saturday signs with Packers!!!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think Jeff is still capable of playing good football. But seriously we let Wells go for being undersized. Saturday is probably even more undersized and he's old as hell.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jeff played quite well last year actually for a team without a QB on it all year.

Okay he is declining but is crazy smart and can handle whatever your offense wants to do.

He may end up with the gang out in Denver though but do they need a center?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/old-colts-gang-may-be-reunited-in-denver/

If Jeff ends up on the Packers I would personally LOVE IT. He is a great guy and leader. Yes he is aging though.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Most think he is going to Denver it seems. Then again most also thought Wayne was part of the Manning package too. (you the man Reggie)

Come on old Colts......you wanna follow him around forever or what? Lets get some identity here too with your individual careers.

Besides playing for the Packers offense would remind Jeff of 2004 lmao.

Reaction score
if it's for a 1 year contract, I'm cool with it.
Plug him in as a stop gap til the 2013 draft, then we'll get a young starting center.

Allows us to load up on Defensive players in this year's draft.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To invite him in... that shows you that TT is deadly serious about the guy. He would be a good stop gap replacment. DO IT TT!

Lets use the early picks on D and draft a developmental center in the mid rounds. Problem solved!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Do it Jeff!!!! Do it Do it.

Jeff, be your own man. Do not follow the crew to Denver. Heck it might not even work out there.

Packers have a better offense Jeff!!!!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's important for fans to realize Scott Wells DID NOT want to return to the Packers. It doesn't matter how much he signed for elsewhere, all indications are he wasn't going to give the Packers a chance to match. Ted didn't just "Let him walk." Scott Wells was through with this franchise.

As for Saturday, I have mixed feelings. The guy was awesome last season with a pathetic QB running that offense, and his veteran presence would certainly help us. But he's also old, and age tends to see skills diminish and injuries increase. If he's willing to sign a team friendly deal, then I'm good with it. But I wouldn't pay him a premium.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's important for fans to realize Scott Wells DID NOT want to return to the Packers. It doesn't matter how much he signed for elsewhere, all indications are he wasn't going to give the Packers a chance to match. Ted didn't just "Let him walk." Scott Wells was through with this franchise.

As for Saturday, I have mixed feelings. The guy was awesome last season with a pathetic QB running that offense, and his veteran presence would certainly help us. But he's also old, and age tends to see skills diminish and injuries increase. If he's willing to sign a team friendly deal, then I'm good with it. But I wouldn't pay him a premium.

Sparta-
How do you know Well's DID NOT want to return to the Packers. Seems like mere speculation to me.
TT offered him $4 mil a yea,r he got $6mil a year from the Rams, if this article is to be believed.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143401086.html

Obviously you got your info from some article. Which one? Isn't $2mil year difference enough reason for Well's to leave?
Its about the money dude. It always is. Your wrong on this one no matter how right you think you are.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Packers grab a veteran free agent so that Center is not an absolute need in the draft. Get a veteran, draft a guy in the later rounds, develop him, let him in start in a few years. A veteran eases the pain of the transition.

The Packers have won four Super Bowls. Scott Wells was drafted in the 7th round. Frank Winters was drafted in the 10th Round. Ken Bowman (Super Bowl 2) was drafted in the 8th Round... I can't even find draft information on Bill Curry.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can sign for a two-year deal...not a lot of money then it's OK. But let's face it the guy is 36 and his quality of play is going to be dropping off pretty fast I would think.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
personally hope he doesn't leave Green Bay, even if it's for a 2-3 year contract, he'll win a ring, we can get either Deidrick-Smith or a draft pick developed by the time he retires

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can sign for a two-year deal...not a lot of money then it's OK. But let's face it the guy is 36 and his quality of play is going to be dropping off pretty fast I would think.

Would you rather trust a 36 year old Jeff Saturday or Deidtrich-Smith or a rookie next season? I'll take my chances with the aging Saturday for the one year.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Darth. Just wondering if that was you? I figured not. Reminds me of Fat Albert.

I'm pretty sure it's Eric "Badlands" Booker. He's a competitive eater. Here he is in Nathan's hot dog eating competition.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's Eric "Badlands" Booker. He's a competitive eater. Here he is in Nathan's hot dog eating competition.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Interesting. I will be kind to the man and just say that is F'ed UP!

Reaction score
We need Saturday. I don't want to spend our first pick on a center. I'd rather have that pick go for defense and pick a center in the later rounds to develop and learn under Saturday

Members online

Latest posts