Santonio Holmes Traded to Jets! 5th rounder...HA!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the article said, a 5th round pick for a SB MVP... Unless there's something SERIOUSLY wrong with Holmes, it was a TERRIBLE trade.

A 4 game suspension couldn't be the reason. The guy is 26 and entering his prime. Why in the world would they trade him?

That makes the Jets awfully dangerous...

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is stupid if it is only for a 5th round pick.

There has to be either more in this trade we haven't heard about or the Steelers REALLY wanted to get rid of Holmes for some reason we don't know.

I can't believe this. And they are only dangerous if Mark Sanchez can actually get him the ball.

OP
OP
lancer84

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why in the world would they trade him?

My only guess is well... a theory, that they're gonna somehow keep Roethlisberger, and they just wanted to clean their image. Somewhat.

Last year Holmes got more than 1,300 yards... eh

This is stupid if it is only for a 5th round pick.

..And they are only dangerous if Mark Sanchez can actually get him the ball.

Agreed, and definitely agreed.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers dumped him because he's been a liability throughout much of his career and are reasonably concerned he'll ultimately wind up with a 1 year suspension after this 4 gamer: Santonio's Steeler career ends the same way it started | ProFootballTalk.com

Plus this is the final year on his contract, and the Steelers probably don't want to spend the money to renew it. Not when you have a high risk player who can't avoid trouble.

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers dumped him because he's been a liability throughout much of his career and are reasonably concerned he'll ultimately wind up with a 1 year suspension after this 4 gamer: Santonio's Steeler career ends the same way it started | ProFootballTalk.com

Plus this is the final year on his contract, and the Steelers probably don't want to spend the money to renew it. Not when you have a high risk player who can't avoid trouble.

Holmes also said he wanted to play for a bigger market..... That probably means the steelers where not going to be able to resign him, so they got rid of him.

And since Holmes and possibly Edwards are going to be suspended for the first 4 games, I hope the packers play them in one of those first 4 games. You can bet I"ll be at the game and the Patriot game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmes also said he wanted to play for a bigger market..... That probably means the steelers where not going to be able to resign him, so they got rid of him.

And since Holmes and possibly Edwards are going to be suspended for the first 4 games, I hope the packers play them in one of those first 4 games. You can bet I"ll be at the game and the Patriot game.

I think Edwards is predicted to get a game or two at the most for a suspension.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The talent drop off of Big Ben to Sanchez is huge. I bet holmes tries to go the free agent route after this.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they did this because of public image.

And that is just dumb. Are you telling me they couldn't trade him for a 4th or 3rd? I don't believe it.

They wanted to get rid of him. He's the scapegoat to all the bad rep they're getting...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will be fine. Look at what they did to us last season, they are so deep at WR it doesnt even matter.

Now if Big Ben is charged their season is over.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think they will be fine. Look at what they did to us last season, they are so deep at WR it doesnt even matter.

Now if Big Ben is charged their season is over.
I believe I saw on ESPN a couple days ago that the police in whatever that town is in Georgia aren't going to charge him.

At the same time, though, some are seeing this Santonio trade as a message to Ben to shape up or they'll ship him out.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe I saw on ESPN a couple days ago that the police in whatever that town is in Georgia aren't going to charge him.

At the same time, though, some are seeing this Santonio trade as a message to Ben to shape up or they'll ship him out.

Yeah and ESPN also ran a story two days before Vick was charged saying there were no charges coming. From now on I just wait until I here it from a legit source. I assume he isnt going to be charged though.

Of course its a message. They took away his favorite WR that was having drug problems. It was a classy move by the Steelers.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****INNGGG shittt now i have to live with my friend ranting about the jets being better than the pack now.. i might actually have to agree with him finally.. never thought id see the day

Members online

Latest posts