Sander released

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was sander such a bad pick...correct me if I"m wrong, but he was the ray guy winner and kicked in a cold environment...sounds like a winner to me...fine, 3rd rnd was a reach, but still.

If someone can explain to me how you're supposed to anticipate a major choke or injury coming out of the draft...then I recommend that you get off these boards and into the Packer's front office!

I

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cmon muscy. If you're gonna go for a reach, like a PUNTER in the THIRD round, he better pan out, or at least be average, and NOT GOD AWFUL AND EVENTUALLY CUT!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Why was sander such a bad pick...correct me if I"m wrong, but he was the ray guy winner and kicked in a cold environment...sounds like a winner to me...fine, 3rd rnd was a reach, but still.

If someone can explain to me how you're supposed to anticipate a major choke or injury coming out of the draft...then I recommend that you get off these boards and into the Packer's front office!

I

Chris Weinke won the Heisman and didn't get picked til the 6th round. Jason White is out of football.

Sander was a bad pick because

A We took him a round too early

B and this is the big one, We traded up for him.

Top it off, he never gave us even one good season.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
drop the "he never gave us a good season" argument. If that's your basis for the argument, then you have to blame TT for bad picks due to injuries.

"but musccy, how the heck can TT forsee injuries?" How is a GM supposed to know that a punter forgets how to kick a ball just because he changes the color of his jersey?

Criticize for the reach, fine, but not just because a pick didn't turn out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan outpunted Sander by 5 yards in the two games combined. Each had five punts.

Gross
Sander 40.6
Ryan 45.4

Net
Sander 34.8
Ryan 39.8

Sander had one touchback, nothing down in the 20.
Ryan had zero touchbacks and one downed in the 20.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
drop the "he never gave us a good season" argument. If that's your basis for the argument, then you have to blame TT for bad picks due to injuries.

"but musccy, how the heck can TT forsee injuries?" How is a GM supposed to know that a punter forgets how to kick a ball just because he changes the color of his jersey?

Criticize for the reach, fine, but not just because a pick didn't turn out.

I never said anything about Murphy. I said Murphy is a bust because of injuries. Nobody knows what he could've or wouldn't of been. (assuming the Murphy is what you were reffering too)

Sander never did give GB any good years. As a rookie he sat the bench. Last year his average was under 40 as shown by Zero. Murphy was a Bust because of injuries. Sander was a bust because he couldn't get the job done here in 3 camps.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

count me in as silly then too, trommy. i am getting tired of all this TT/sherman arguing going on. THAT is what's silly!! :twisted:

maybe ryan needs to split this site into three...1 for sherman, 1 for TT, & 1 for those of us who don't give a rats patootie about the past!! :wink:

in this way, i agree with phil - the cat fights have gotten out of hand on here. i just keep thinking "how many times can the same guys fight about the same things?" then i come on here & realize that it could be to infinity & beyond!! :x :p

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
Okay, so instead of discussing Sherman. I'd like to ask if handing the job to Ryan is a good plan? The general feeling I get around here is that Ryan isn't exciting anyone...

Are we going to bring in another punter or what?

Hey, wouldn't it be nice if said punter could hold on FG tries?!

As I speculated several months back, I still do not think that we have our kicker or punter on the roster at the present time. Although the recent releases show they are giving the young/strong legs an opportunity to win without sharing reps and looking over their shoulders.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
tromadz said:

count me in as silly then too, trommy. i am getting tired of all this TT/sherman arguing going on. THAT is what's silly!! :twisted:

maybe ryan needs to split this site into three...1 for sherman, 1 for TT, & 1 for those of us who don't give a rats patootie about the past!! :wink:

in this way, i agree with phil - the cat fights have gotten out of hand on here. i just keep thinking "how many times can the same guys fight about the same things?" then i come on here & realize that it could be to infinity & beyond!! :x :p

I agree, I spend most of my time weeding-through the Sherm/TT banter to try and find information that has bearing on where we're going as a team...

We need to bring in a punter to compeate with Ryan. Period. Little worried we're going to hand this kid (who is little better than Sander at this point) the reigns.

I'm also keeping a close eye on NE...Hopefully Grabowski, or whatever his name is, will win the kicking job, and we can bring in Gramatica.

I like Rayner so far, good kid, but Gramatica would help me feel more comfortable.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:
MajicMan said:
Okay, so instead of discussing Sherman. I'd like to ask if handing the job to Ryan is a good plan? The general feeling I get around here is that Ryan isn't exciting anyone...

Are we going to bring in another punter or what?

Hey, wouldn't it be nice if said punter could hold on FG tries?!

As I speculated several months back, I still do not think that we have our kicker or punter on the roster at the present time. Although the recent releases show they are giving the young/strong legs an opportunity to win without sharing reps and looking over their shoulders.

Thanks, Spardo. I hope your right.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I never said anything about Murphy. I said Murphy is a bust because of injuries. Nobody knows what he could've or wouldn't of been. (assuming the Murphy is what you were reffering too)

Sander never did give GB any good years. As a rookie he sat the bench. Last year his average was under 40 as shown by Zero. Murphy was a Bust because of injuries. Sander was a bust because he couldn't get the job done here in 3 camps.

Yeah, I was referring to Murphy...I think you're a bust (although that term is a little too strong) if you didn't work out...whether it be injury or just plain sucking...and a GM can't anticipate every bust...$hit happens

Sander sucked in GB...not denying that either...but other than the fact that MS reached for him, I think picking him (maybe in a later round) was a wise move...as I said, Ray guy winner from cold environment seems like a wise choice. Can't win 'em all tho'

Members online

Latest posts