San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back from sea world. I saw about 200 packer fans and 1 guy with charger hat.

I can totally see that, Chargers fans are the BIGGEST fairweather fans in the NFL. I can honestly tell you this in 2000 during the middle of their 1-15 season. If you were a student and got good grades (made honor roll) z90 (radio station) would give you 4 tickets in field level. LOL! IF you actually wanted buy tickets and go the game, you could find decent tickets for $20. Even my boss would give us tickets for being "good employess" LOL!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old story of a fan who couldn't get rid of his Charger Tickets. Ended up parking in a bad part of town with the window rolled down with both tickets sitting on the dash in plain view. When he came back, somebody had put 4 more tickets on his dash.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Damn honestly when you started this thread I thought you might get like 20 people or so.. Sounds closer to 200 now lol

Of course that doesn't include everyone else that's gonna walk over

Packer Patrick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are signs allowed at the entrance? first time to a nfl game :)

According to http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/pdf/stadiumpoliciesproc.PDF

BANNERS, SIGNS and FLAGS: Qualcomm Stadium encourages fans to create signs to show their support for the team. Banners must be related to the game, in good taste, must not obstruct the view of other fans or interfere with stadium structures and signs. Flags are permitted, but they must not be attached to poles or sticks. Management reserves the right to confiscate signs that do not meet the above requirements.

Be nice...

Packer Patrick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And just in case you were wondering ('cuz we were)...

PROHIBITED ITEMS: For the comfort and safety of everyone, bags larger than 12”, large coolers, bottles, cans, guns, weapons, sticks, inflatable objects, laser pointers, flammable objects, stun guns, fireworks, lawn furniture, spray bottles, beach balls, frisbees, musical instruments, boomerangs, knives, mace and pepper spray, chains, balloons, sports balls, water guns, noise making devices, bicycles and skateboards, illegal drugs, outside alcoholic beverages, umbrellas and any items deemed inappropriate by management are prohibited from entering the stadium.

So in case of rain, bring a jacket not an umbrella.

edgar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to http://www.sandiego.gov/qualcomm/pdf/stadiumpoliciesproc.PDF

BANNERS, SIGNS and FLAGS: Qualcomm Stadium encourages fans to create signs to show their support for the team. Banners must be related to the game, in good taste, must not obstruct the view of other fans or interfere with stadium structures and signs. Flags are permitted, but they must not be attached to poles or sticks. Management reserves the right to confiscate signs that do not meet the above requirements.

Be nice...
thanks patrick

Magnus Chhan

Mag 'n Cheese
Reaction score
Just got back from the Gas Light District! I was mostly at Maloney's Tavern! It was crawling with Packer fans all over! So ready to the game! Gotta rest up now! Told a bunch of folks about F4.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I want a pic of our tailgate...Not just ordinary where you get everyone in a area to get a pic..

Someone has be lot higher then the group... get on a car, truck or van or something, maybe from the stadium if there is an spot you can see our tailgate from there..

I dont care where from, but high enough to get the entire tailgate area with the flag..

Try to get as much as possible, make it very clear, not out of focus...so maybe a sober person lol

Please get this for all of us that cant be there!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn honestly when you started this thread I thought you might get like 20 people or so.. Sounds closer to 200 now lol

When people see the group, and the flag, I am sure get lot of stranglers looking for fellow Pack fans to party with..

I wonder how many other forums get a big turn out for AWAY games?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Definitely growing bigger than I thought it would be that is for sure.

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 'transplants' all over San Diego County. Folks from all over the country move here and bring their team spirit with them. Being a military town, it sort of goes with the turf, as they say. That's probably why we are seen as bandwagon fans out here. Most of the people that are more 'native' to the area are Charger fans. I've been following the Chargers from about the time they moved out of Balboa Stadium. You see jerseys from almost every team in the NFL out here. When the Chargers are winning, you see nothing but lightning bolts on jerseys. When we start to tank, a lot of these transplant folks put away the Bolts stuff and break out their old teams jerseys. You don't get that sort of thing happening in places like Green Bay or Chicago or Indy. Our area seems to be too transient. It's not too surprising to see so many Packer jerseys out here...... especially this weekend.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I beg to differ Bolt, from the Chicago standpoint anyway....they have their 'hard cores' like everyone else...but, you're more likely to see Bears fans start dismissing the Bears as "...well, it's not as though it's the Bulls ...." My son gets to Chicago regularly (takes classes at The Second City) and nothing irks those people more than when he wears his NFC Championship hat and stuff....the Super Bowl stuff doesn't faze them much, but the NFC Championship gear just irritates them to no end.

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I beg to differ Bolt, from the Chicago standpoint anyway....they have their 'hard cores' like everyone else...but, you're more likely to see Bears fans start dismissing the Bears as "...well, it's not as though it's the Bulls ...." My son gets to Chicago regularly (takes classes at The Second City) and nothing irks those people more than when he wears his NFC Championship hat and stuff....the Super Bowl stuff doesn't faze them much, but the NFC Championship gear just irritates them to no end.

My reference to those examples are more to do with location. The devotion of eastern team fans seem to be much more obvious than we see out here. I was speaking rather generally. I've thought it had something to do with a longer history, but when I look at Chief fans, or Bronco fans, it's a similar thing. The only thing that seems to make sense regarding the San Diego "fan-base" is that this is such a transient area.

Members online

Latest posts