Samkon "Who" Gado gone???

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
You people are a joke... TT does nothing and you rip him and he does something and you rip him. Let me guess you didn't like it when Clinton was president and now you hate Bush.

For those of you who don't know, Morency is a stud and Gado is a flash in the pan. Did anyone see Gado last week?

TT sees Gado every day... You think he doesn't know what he is doing? You think he doesn't "know" Morency??

Give it a rest already. You want Favre benched, you hate TT, you hate everything these guys do??? Why do you even watch football? You guys definetly are horrible Packers fans.

GROW UP!

Well said begas. I have to agree.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
You people are a joke... TT does nothing and you rip him and he does something and you rip him. Let me guess you didn't like it when Clinton was president and now you hate Bush.

For those of you who don't know, Morency is a stud and Gado is a flash in the pan. Did anyone see Gado last week?

TT sees Gado every day... You think he doesn't know what he is doing? You think he doesn't "know" Morency??

Give it a rest already. You want Favre benched, you hate TT, you hate everything these guys do??? Why do you even watch football? You guys definetly are horrible Packers fans.

Hey Ryan, can you make Sig space bigger, this isnt fitting.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hold judgement until seeing what they can do. Morency was talked about sharing carries in Houston with Lundy when Davis went on IR. Gado, as much as we may have liked him, did not seem to have the burst that he did last year. Some articles said that he was thinking too much -- which the new system wants the back to make one cut and go -- so last years success may have even been partially that he did not know the system and did not over-think his runs.

I would also withhold judgement on the fact that we just picked up 2 KRs. Alone, they can only do so much. Look at Desmond Howard after going to Oakland. Without the other 10 players opening up the lanes, one returner still will not get far.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks zero2cool... I am sorry I get that upset, but really guys, come on! Face it, this isn't 1996... I for one, think that TT is a good GM. He is getting rid of the stiffs and bringing in young guys with potential.

Najeh, Gado, Hawkins, the list goes on.

Don't be surprised if Ferge, KGB etc are to follow.

We need guys like Barnett, Collins, Ahman and Driver! These guys are players. We don't need puds like Gado. He is just a body.

People are ripping TT for the Robinson pickup, but look at it. He is giving him no guaranteed money and he fills a much-needed spot at returner and is a potential starting wideout. If he gets suspended, so what. We will get to keep him for next year. If he screws up, we are no worse off than we were before we got him.

That said... this year will be a tough one to watch at times. The Packers will not make it to the Super Bowl for years.

However, they will improve and that will be something to see. Some day these young players will become crafty veterans.

This is how the NFL works.

The Cowboys were more dominating than the Packers in the early 90s and in 2000-2004, they were awful. Now they are contenders again. They got a good young running back, picked up some good young defensive talent and then filled in the holes with veterans.

That's how it works!!

The b##tching has to stop with all you whiners. BE A PACKER FAN! LET ME REPEAT IT. BE A PACKER FAN! SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU THINK YOU KNOW, YOU DO NOT KNOW MORE THAN THE EXECUTIVES LIKE MM OR TT... THEY DO THIS FOR A LIVING AND YOU GUYS HAVE OTHER JOBS.

If you need to take out your frustrations by posting on the board, at least think before you do it.

Don't post about Morency if you never saw him play. Seriously, how many of you people who posted negative things about the trade ever saw him play even once?? He was a great college player and showed signs of pushing Lundy and Davis for the starting job in Houston.

Mike Sherman likes Gado and that's why the trade was made.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
greenbegas said:

Hey Ryan, can you make Sig space bigger, this isnt fitting.

Trom....you are priceless! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!

But the message is true to some extent. Here is my take.

Gado did well last year..under a different blocking system where he had to run to a certian hole. Now, with the new blocking system, the runner CHOOSES which hole to go through. As I recall, Gado was struggling to find the holes. Great guy, bad zone blocking scheme runner. I think the point is that Gado didn't get comfortable with the new offense...

Morency? My guess is that in college, he excelled at a school that probably runs the zone blocking scheme. Plus, he averaged 20 yds a return for kickoffs.

Think about this, loyal packer fans, TT got the job with a recomendation from both Gods of recent Packer fans....Holmgren and Wolf. Give this guy some credit that he knows more about how to do his job than we do. Not all his moves will pan out...no one's do (Remember some of Wolf's bonehead moves?) But he was succesful at Seattle but it took a few years. It will take a few years here too.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
It's a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Truth be told, after the beating we got by the Bears, I'd be dissapointed if TT didn't make some changes and shake things up.

Oh mah lord. Another poster with a good comment. I was losing faith earlier but we are coming back strong with the great posts! woohoo!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I haven't heard.....who is Morency?(I don't keep up on other teams that much)

The Houston Texans Running back who the Pack acquired today. Read on Packers.com. Thats my home page btw.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
It's a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Truth be told, after the beating we got by the Bears, I'd be dissapointed if TT didn't make some changes and shake things up.

Can you trust Thompson to do that? Hes done enough ruin already.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have no clue what to think of this move since i know nothing about this morency dude. i liked gado. i'm trusting tt to make these decisions because he knows a helluva lot more about the players than i do. i'll let the entire season play out & see where we stand then - an idea that MORE of you might try. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i have no clue what to think of this move since i know nothing about this morency dude. i liked gado. i'm trusting tt to make these decisions because he knows a helluva lot more about the players than i do. i'll let the entire season play out & see where we stand then - an idea that MORE of you might try. :)

i agree. when the move was made, i was like "ma-who-ey?" then people linked me info, and articles, etc. and it makes sense.

hes a guy who averaged 4.0 last year in a similar scheme, and is a good returner.

gado struggled bigtime since jags brought the new system in.

ill miss gado A LOT, but the move makes sense. Will it work out? Who know. But it makes sense. :(

GOOD LUCK, SAM!

QuadCityPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Morency, but the timing is a little off. We now have no 'system' experience in backup to Green. I love Ahman, but he's not getting younger. If he gets hurt in quarter 1 of the Saints game, who comes in? Herron? I laugh. Morency? I cry.
This may be a good move by next year. I am just scared for the next few games.

Additionally, I am worried about our starters. I am not worried about our depth right now. I am glad TT is making an effort, but I would like to find a starting safety instead of a backup HB. I also realize starters are not laying around.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
4packgirl said:

i agree. when the move was made, i was like "ma-who-ey?" then people linked me info, and articles, etc. and it makes sense.

hes a guy who averaged 4.0 last year in a similar scheme, and is a good returner.

gado struggled bigtime since jags brought the new system in.

ill miss gado A LOT, but the move makes sense. Will it work out? Who know. But it makes sense. :(

GOOD LUCK, SAM!

amen to the good luck sam part - a class act thru & thru.

i was freaked out like alot of people after the poor showing in the pre-season as well as the bears game but really guys - there's NOTHING we can do about what the packers organization does. why get into such a lather over it??

i've learned alot about football since joining this site & i hate seeing it whittled down to nothing more than arguments.

i mean really - if this is all about '**** size' - i'd be happy to get out my handy dandy ruler for y'all. all i need is the time & the place!!! :wink:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this article and not sure if it was posted here or not..

Vernand Morency - RB, Green Bay Packers 09/13/06

The Packers received Vernand Morency in trade for Samkon Gado with the Houston Texans in a deal completed today.

Huddle Up: This is an interesting trade since it sends the bigger Gado to the Texans and gets back the 5'10", 212 lb. Morency in exchange. The move makes more sense considering that the Packers no longer have Tony Fisher who supplied the third down role primarily as a pass receiver. Morency is a nice fit as a change of pace back that can catch the ball and he can step right into a "Fisher" role with the Packers while providing back-up for Ahman Green.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the recent post that claimed that the Packers running backs (Green, Gato and Davenport) were better than the Bears (Jones, Benson and Peterson)

Two of these guys could not cut it with one of the worst teams in the league. The Packers look like a bigger mess than I thought they would be and I thought that they would suck.

Did you see the post in PFT that said that the players being cut by the Packers were not being picked up by anyone else?
A sure sign that they have become the last stop in the NFL.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to bash TT but it's funny how some people say now they like Morency and how good he could be. If you would of been asked about Morency yesterday you would of said he was nothing more then a scrub filling out a roster

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Did you see the post in PFT that said that the players being cut by the Packers were not being picked up by anyone else?

funny, cause I'm pretty sure leach just signed with NO, Najeh with PIT, and witticker was getting worked out by, like, Miami. Check your facts troll.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know who Morency is because of fantasy football. He could be alright, but I'm sure going to miss Gado. I don't know about this move. It does make sense because Gado struggled in the zone blocking scheme and Morency is used to zone blocking, but I agree with QuadCityPackerFan.

Cdnfavrefan: I think it's because people didn't even know about him before. Not everyone keeps up on every team in the league. They looked him up and they see some potential in him. It's not just because TT signed him. :roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Morency had zone blocking flavor in college <-- heard this on the radio today

Someone said everywhere has some flavor of zone blocking though so yeah.

To me it sounds more like a guy to help spell Ahman and be insurance in case blackmon and/or robinson don't work out on KR.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'll always think higher of the hometown guys to then when they leave I go back to saying they're useless. Samkon's an exception as I wish him nothing but success. Says a lot for a player when he leaves and people still cheer for him

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Philtration said:

funny, cause I'm pretty sure leach just signed with NO, Najeh with PIT, and witticker was getting worked out by, like, Miami. Check your facts troll.

Oooohhhh.... so he is getting worked out by, like, Miami? The Packers O line is a mess and he could not even make it there. As a matter of fact, he is so unknown that you, a Packer fan, does not even know how to spell his name.
Pretty sad that you are reduced to defending a guy the Packers cut and is getting worked out by another team.
Impressive! I bet that if he makes it with the Dolphins then that puts the Packers right into the playoffs!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
pack_in_black said:
Philtration said:

Oooohhhh.... so he is getting worked out by, like, Miami? The Packers O line is a mess and he could not even make it there. As a matter of fact, he is so unknown that you, a Packer fan, does not even know how to spell his name.
Pretty sad that you are reduced to defending a guy the Packers cut and is getting worked out by another team.
Impressive! I bet that if he makes it with the Dolphins then that puts the Packers right into the playoffs!

Thesepeople can't handle the truth Phil but you ARE exactly right!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Impressive! I bet that if he makes it with the Dolphins then that puts the Packers right into the playoffs![/color]

How's ol Hunter working out with your team? Some guys just don't fit into the system the coaches have set up. Coaches and GM's actually scout for players that fit into a particular system. Big deal. We've scraped the cap, got rid of players that aren't fitting into the system imagined by our talking heads and it's obvious that were rebuilding. Not to worry, we'll be kicking some Bears tail again in the future. Enjoy your gloat. Even your SB QB became a backup to our QB. Hell, the Bears have gone through 19 QB's since Brett's been our starter. We may have been 4-12 but at least we weren't 3-13. Remeber that? That wasn't that long ago either. You had to change directions as well. Kick a man when they're down a bit....that's the class of a true Bears fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts