Sam Shields

SVang_8704

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im so glad we signed him, he's going to help so much on the return game and relief J. Nelson from that duty..woot woot! :viksux::chisux::detsux:

bhepper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article on jsonline makes it sound like a done deal (Also a good read):

Green Bay may have pulled a fast one in signing Shields - JSOnline

It's a fact. Cornerback Sam Shields is the fastest man on the Green Bay Packers.
This will take time, but it's also entirely possible that Shields could rival Derrick Martin as their most dynamic special-teams player.
For a $7,500 signing bonus and a minimum contract, the Packers got themselves a free agent from the University of Miami with the speed and the versatility to find a way onto the 53-man roster.
Seven teams wanted to sign Shields when the draft ended Saturday. Green Bay, one of the two clubs Shields visited, won out.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if he is added to the official depth chart he will make the 17th S/CB. Not sure what we are going to do with all these guys.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to make any gaurantees on this guy either. Sure he runs a 4.3 40 yard dash but he did say that he hasn't much experience as a returner. He is a great gunner though, pretty sure he could unload Bush from the roster.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Bleacher Report has named the Packers Sam Shields the 2010 Special teams player of the year and I have not seen any official positing that he has actually signed with us. If he is even close to that I will be ecstatic.

Packers' Sam Shields Will Be the 2010 Special Teams Player of the Year | Bleacher Report

Ehhh I wouldn't go that far. Could happen though. It is encouraging to see all the positive news about Shields. Hopefully he is signed, or at least close to it.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That report said he signed. I think he could make a solid addition. A special teams stud status could get him a roster spot. Good defensive coaching could teach him the ropes about being a corner. The other report said it was new to him. A tough, super fast player who likes making tackles is fine with me. A tough, super fast player who likes making tackles and learns how to play corner is even better.

Members online

Latest posts