Saints fans are insane

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hilarious. All I heard in 2009 all I heard about in the media was Katrina. How the Saints winning was helping the city. I am not an idiot either. The Colts were favored by Vegas to win it all but everyone and their uncle wanted the Saints to win and rooted for them. Katrina. It's all I heard about.

People wanted the Colts to fail much like they always do the Patriots. The good guys were in New Orleans.

I am not even that bitter though about the SB. I think a well coached Colts team does win that game in the end but overall it was supposed to be a transition season with a new head coach and it really wasn't.

I would take Sean Payton any day over Jim Caldwell and so would anyone with half a brain.

I was talking about the MVP - IMO it should not have gone to Manning at all. He definitely got that MVP based on his name and the Media hailing him to highest extremes. As far as the Super Bowl coverage, all I heard was how Manning was a surgeon and he would tear the Saints defense apart. Or everyone saying "My heart says NO but my brain is saying COLTS...." COLTS got so much coverage and then my personal fav (I hate this guy) Dungy predicting that it wasn't even going to be a close game.... and he would be shocked if it was or somethign. LOL I wish they had a picture of his face when the Colts lost. Sorry can't stand Dungy!!

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh top 5 all time? Yeah we're aways away from that. They repeat and he should land on the top 100 list though.

By my count, there are 24 QBs with two or more championships, of which 15 won exactly two. So two championships for either Rodgers or Brees would be pretty special.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was talking about the MVP - IMO it should not have gone to Manning at all. He definitely got that MVP based on his name and the Media hailing him to highest extremes. As far as the Super Bowl coverage, all I heard was how Manning was a surgeon and he would tear the Saints defense apart. Or everyone saying "My heart says NO but my brain is saying COLTS...." COLTS got so much coverage and then my personal fav (I hate this guy) Dungy predicting that it wasn't even going to be a close game.... and he would be shocked if it was or somethign. LOL I wish they had a picture of his face when the Colts lost. Sorry can't stand Dungy!!

Neither can I. No need to apologize. I thought he was overrated even with the Colts although I would certainly take him over Caldwell.

Dungy thought Favre should have won the MVP in 2009 btw. He said it a few times.

And don't take this the wrong way but IMO Peyton SHOULD have carved up the Saints D like a surgeon. There was no excuse for that performance by the Colts offense IMO with the way they could run the ball finally in that game and with the weapons they had on offense. They had to carry a banged up D and they didn't. Two weeks before they carved up a much better Jets D at home and the week before that they handled the Ravens D.

Both teams should have carved up each others D's.

BTW don't listen to the media much. I hardly even turn on ESPN anymore. Before the Colts/Saints SB I knew they were almost setting up the Colts to fail. Many might have picked the Colts but they were rooting against them outside of Indiana. It was the Colts vs. everyone rooting for the Saints in many ways. I wanted the Vikings so the Colts did not have to go against such a feel good story.

And The Who was the halftime show. The Who.....Who dat. It never sat completely right with me. I
t was almost like destiny for NO that year.

One last thing I don't think Peyton won the MVP JUST BECAUSE his last name is Manning. I think thats a tad direspectful. It's not like he was mediocre that season. You guys can say what you want but he did not just win the award due to his name. Eli might benefit from the Manning name but Peyton certainly has proven himself time and time again.

I still don't get why this 2009 MVP thing is such a big deal all of a sudden. I knew all year Peyton would win it when the media was calling our demise with Dungy/Harrison leaving in the offseason and we started 14-0. I never even realized it meant that much to Saints fans until I started to post here. Go figure.

Although overall I am being honest when I say I might prefer Rodgers' game to Peyton or any other QB around right now. I think Rodgers is that good and he has a certain element of swagger too that I like. One thing missing from Manning despite his greatness was the fight of having to get to where you are. In some ways this season I have decided I want the Colts to move on and rebuild around Andrew Luck and try to build a complete team again and not just be a one man show.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My final lasting comments on 2009, which seems like 15 years ago now. I really did not know it was such a debate with the fanbases on MVP that year. Several QBs had great seasons. If Peyton did not win it I would not have cried or something, sheesh.

Brees had a strong argument to win it and I didn't know it bugged so many Saints fans. I really didn't know.I think a lot of this is coming out since many of them think he now deserves it for this season and think he was robbed also in 2009.

The Saints however did deserve to win that SB. They showed up to play and played hard with more passion. They showed a lot more heart then the Colts veterans did. They were by far the better team that day. Not even truly a haunting loss to me since it was plain as day who the better team was and how they won the game. The two most haunting Colts losses to me in the playoffs actually come against the Steelers.

Now enough 2009. Christ. Sorry for some here who had to read all the dribble I posted concerning that year.

Let's move back to this season.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost some respect for Manning that SB in 09. When they lost he just walked off the field and didn't bother to shake Brees' hand. Looked like a little spoilt brat who's mum wouldn't give him his own way.

fahad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on all the Packers achievements this season.
The point of who is the best QB ever is not really matter.
Thanks God both of our teams are blessed with great QB.
I wish you guys all the best and hopefully we will meet you in the NFC Championship game and may the best team win. Good luck.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on all the Packers achievements this season.
The point of who is the best QB ever is not really matter.
Thanks God both of our teams are blessed with great QB.
I wish you guys all the best and hopefully we will meet you in the NFC Championship game and may the best team win. Good luck.

Amen bro.

Members online

Latest posts