saints fan here; i come in peace..

BigMamou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saints fan for as long as i can remember and just wanted to chat with a few cheeseheads and get your take on the inevitable matchup that will be, imo, gb vs no in the nfccg. i wont be defending brees in the mvp race or talking any smack, i promise... just here to talk football, fellas!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family!!! I like your approach in your intro! The whole MVP thing is just insane, I agree with you, lets just talk some football! I'm also predicting a NFC Championship matchup of the Packers and Saints. I'm thinking this is going to be an epic QB duel. Perhaps one of the best in our living memory. I'm also thinking that the NFC Championship is going to be the "real" Superbowl as I just don't see any AFC team that can play to the level or either the Packers or the Saints, therefore the NFC Championship game may actually be more exciting than the Superbowl itself. Let me give your Saints some props. Brees is just elite, I'm not going to compare him to Rodgers as I'm going to follow your lead, but I'm really impressed with Brees and the way he has commanded his offensive line. I think your offensive line is elite, Sproles is one of my favorite current non-Packers. The area I think you may lack is your defense, but the Packers have defensive issues as well. I like to call the Packers and Saints two sides of the same coin. Perhaps I shall say the Packers side is a bit shinier if I may, but dang, I don't think I've ever seen two teams like this that are pretty much evenly matched. You have to think that even as the QBs duel, the defenses are going to play some part in this. Beware, or D-Line are ball hawks. The "should be" picks that the Lions missed last night would of resulted in at least 2 pick 6's if Brees tried that against the Packers. Saints need to watch the turnovers as the Packers will make them pay for it. Turnovers are the one clear and definitive edge that set the Packers above the Saints and the one mistake the Saints may not be able to afford to make. Had the Lions converted all those turnovers into points, the Saints would of lost that game or at least had a harder time winning than it looked in the final score. That game against the Lions was a lot closer than the Saints should like and now you have the 49'ers, yes those upstarts, to contend with. It's going to be a long road to the frozen Tundra of Lambeau for your Saints, but I wish you well on your journey and congrats on your win against the Lions.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.

Big win for you guys last night. I think you have the ability to go into San Fran and pick that defense apart. Should be pretty exciting

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anything is inevitable. Packers gotta beat a hot Giants team next Sunday before they can think about the Saints or 9ers. Having missed a week because of the bye it's anyone's guess how the Packers will start. Should be a good game.

Sounds like you're pretty confident about beating San Fran? I guess that's for good reason...as good as their defense is Alex Smith just aint gonna cut it aginst Brees.

OP
OP
BigMamou

BigMamou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more optimistic than confident concerning the 9ers. tough d, nasty running game and an effecient qb. they very well could slow things down and make it into a slugfest, which does not bode well for my boys. it will definately be a tough game; should be fun to watch tho!

Members online

Latest posts