Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are we going to afford him?

We have to resign Rodgers and Matthews, then we are going to:

- Trade for CB Revis
- Sign S Reed
- Sign DE Krueger
- Sign WR Moss

That leaves very little money for Jackson.

We already sound like the eagles and jets

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
whats the point of getting any RB, McCarthy won't use them.
According to nfl.com, in the 2012 regular season the Packers ran the ball an average of 27.1 times per game. That was good for .... wait for it .... .... 16th in the league. So 15 teams ran it more while 16 teams ran the ball fewer times per game. Rodgers certainly accounted for some of the rush attempts, how much more than the average QB I'm not sure. Still, it looks like McCarthy can be called "average" with regard to NFL rushing attempts.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

According to nfl.com, in the 2012 regular season the Packers ran the ball an average of 27.1 times per game. That was good for .... wait for it .... .... 16th in the league. So 15 teams ran it more while 16 teams ran the ball fewer times per game. Rodgers certainly accounted for some of the rush attempts, how much more than the average QB I'm not sure. Still, it looks like McCarthy can be called "average" with regard to NFL rushing attempts.

lets get some burning torches and run him out of town, the ****** !!!!! :mad:

H

HardRightEdge

I think the chances are greater to sign him than Jax

To be sure. There's no risk in that...minimum salary with no guarantees would be the deal. But that doesn't mean Benson can make it to the opening day roster.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers rushed 54 times for 259 yards. Cobb rushed 10 times for 132 yards. They had the highest per carry average. Take them away and we didn't show much of a running game until Harris appeared on the scene late in the season.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh, i begged TT to go after this guy. He can run and he will lay you out to. Our seconday woulda been sooo much better with him. Run defense to.
From the Buyer Beware article on ESPN:

LaRon Landry, safety

2012 team: New York Jets

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Landry

On the back of what ended up being a Pro Bowl season, Landry has positioned himself to get paid. He won't be taking a hometown discount with the Jets because in his eyes his stock is at an all-time high after he proved he could handle the rigors of an NFL season by playing 96.6 percent of the Jets' defensive snaps.

Only the tape doesn't back up his performance. Eighty-eight tackles represent a big number, but his 4.7 run stop percentage was only 14th among safeties despite his spending 46.2 percent of his snaps in the box. He also got beat for 16 first downs and four touchdowns, the 11th-highest number of all safeties in coverage. Sure Landry can put a big hit on a receiver at times, but don't let those big plays fool you. He's not an elite, difference-making player, and he misses too many tackles (his 13 were 12th highest among safeties).

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the Buyer Beware article on ESPN:

LaRon Landry, safety

2012 team: New York Jets

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Landry

On the back of what ended up being a Pro Bowl season, Landry has positioned himself to get paid. He won't be taking a hometown discount with the Jets because in his eyes his stock is at an all-time high after he proved he could handle the rigors of an NFL season by playing 96.6 percent of the Jets' defensive snaps.

Only the tape doesn't back up his performance. Eighty-eight tackles represent a big number, but his 4.7 run stop percentage was only 14th among safeties despite his spending 46.2 percent of his snaps in the box. He also got beat for 16 first downs and four touchdowns, the 11th-highest number of all safeties in coverage. Sure Landry can put a big hit on a receiver at times, but don't let those big plays fool you. He's not an elite, difference-making player, and he misses too many tackles (his 13 were 12th highest among safeties).

Well dang. I'd love to see sombody do a breakdown of Morgan Burnetts productivity then.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well dang. I'd love to see sombody do a breakdown of Morgan Burnetts productivity then.

Burnett's price tag is (and will be) significantly cheaper than Landry. Big difference. You pay an average, capable starter money commiserate with his level of play. Landry will demand elite-level pay for average, capable starter play.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

S. Jax = too much mileage and age.....this RB game belongs to a younger man.

I`d agree with you but who on our squad can do better at the moment ? Cedric Benson did not impress me much before he got injured, although nobody has impressed me much since Ahman Green and William Henderson wore green and gold if I`m honest.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I`d agree with you but who on our squad can do better at the moment ? Cedric Benson did not impress me much before he got injured, although nobody has impressed me much since Ahman Green and William Henderson wore green and gold if I`m honest.

This is true as well, but harris had a limited amount of time to work with his linemen and learn all aspects of the playbook. He will be a better runner next season I bet ya.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh, i begged TT to go after this guy. He can run and he will lay you out to. Our seconday woulda been sooo much better with him. Run defense to.
TT's life has got to be really awful.

Rodell330: "Please TT! Please pretty please? Will you sign LaRon Landry? PLEASE!!?!?!"
TT: "Look dude, I'm just trying to buy some milk for my corn flakes. Get off the floor; let go of my leg; and just let me purchase my groceries."

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't see him joining the packers. Other teams will pay him more. Every fan thinks that so n so free agent wants to sign with their team.

Can we go after a player that isn't contemplating retirement?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Benson 3.5 avg

Alex 3.4

Starks 3.6

Harris 4.6 on 34 atts..

Take away Rodgers and Cobbs atts that is 64 you have 23 times per game

But then you have to go back and take away rushing atts by the other teams q/b like Washington and Carolina

Wash had 519 but RG3 had 120 atts and that gets 25 times per game

So yes Packers do seem to rush just enoough

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts