Ryan Longwell is back

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...in the playoffs.

Seahawks just signed him.
Hopefully he's kicking in Lambeau Field in about 12 days again.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope his decrepit old leg falls off.

Also, Dan, I think the remark was more about wanting an NFC championship Packers-Seahawks rematch, and not that Longwell sucks.

Also, also. Longwell sucks.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Should he stop in Green Bay, I'm sure he'll make a stop at Applebee's. Yeah... he HAD to choose the Vikings...he and the other guy -- peas in a pod.

D

Dan115

I hope his decrepit old leg falls off.

Also, Dan, I think the remark was more about wanting an NFC championship Packers-Seahawks rematch, and not that Longwell sucks.

Also, also. Longwell sucks.

Who has more points than any other Packer in the history of the team?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that, one due to injury here and Akers due to kicking crappy -injury-related- both of these NFC West coaches brought in new guys, whereas McCarthy stuck with Crosby even though 99% of Packer fans I know on here and in my life, wanted Crosby replaced earlier this year... at least once.

D

Dan115

I remember the 64 season. Hornung came back after his suspension and just could not hit a fg or xpoint. Cost the Packers dearly.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I can see it now, late in the 4th quarter, Seahawks at Packers. NFCCG. Game tied, Crosby misses a 43 yarder, Wilson gets enough yardage and Longwell boots a 50 yarder to win the game. :)

D

Dan115

I can see it now, late in the 4th quarter, Seahawks at Packers. NFCCG. Game tied, Crosby misses a 43 yarder, Wilson gets enough yardage and Longwell boots a 50 yarder to win the game. :)

The same thing ran through my mine. Do not like the thought.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Longwell has the leg that can kick beyond 30 or 35 yds outdoors, in the cold. I'll take Crosby in that matchup. With 9ers best d- lineman and pass rushing LB both hurting, I like the Packers. Rogers is heating up. The laser he threw to Nelson last Sat. reminded me of his throws against the Eagles, Falcons, and Bears in 2010. If he's on, we won't be beat.

D

Dan115

I'd be surprised if Longwell has the leg that can kick beyond 30 or 35 yds outdoors, in the cold. I'll take Crosby in that matchup. With 9ers best d- lineman and pass rushing LB both hurting, I like the Packers. Rogers is heating up. The laser he threw to Nelson last Sat. reminded me of his throws against the Eagles, Falcons, and Bears in 2010. If he's on, we won't be beat.

Protect Mr. Rodgers and the super bowl win is ours.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Seahawks will probably sneak in the replacement refs when no one is looking so they can pay them off.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will be in The Packer Hall of Fame someday
And he deserves to be. I'm not questioning that. I'm saying that he has aged and other players are better. Which is why he was not a starter until other people went down. Something tells me that this may frustrate him, but still the same, it is a young man's sport. Eventually he will be done, and it won't be because he is tired of the game. It is because he is too old.

D

Dan115

Just hope he does not have something left in the tank for Lambeau. But we are getting way ahead of ourselves here.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is a tendency to look at a player and remember what he did in his prime. Arguably, Ryan Longwell is not the same player he was or he would have been kicking for a team on a regular basis ths year. I'm much more afraid of what Willis, Gore, Kapernick, Aldon Smith, Vernon Davis, etc. will do to us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see him get picked up. I wouldn't mind seeing him put all 9 of the hawks points on the board at Lambeau in garbage time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts