Ryan Grant Out - The Positive

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is one positive to come from Ryan Grant being out vs a horrible Denver team. We will probably (hopefully) get to see alex green in for a good amount of snaps and get him worked into our offense a little more.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I never see a positive to a starter being out, especially one of Grants skill. Imagine if we didn't have grant last week. It will be interesting to see if Green can be productive. I am really excited about So'oto, I hope the promise he showed in the preseason pan's out.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I have to agree I am kind of glad that Grant is out this week so we can see what Green can do. Will he or So'oto step up to this the challenge this week.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I am not glad that Grant is out. That being said, there are some positives we can take away (though I am not sure that seeing what Green can do is the biggest positive) the positive is not in the fact he is out, but in the fact that he will be out against the Denver Donkeys and not against a more formidable opponent.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I am not glad that Grant is out. That being said, there are some positives we can take away (though I am not sure that seeing what Green can do is the biggest positive) the positive is not in the fact he is out, but in the fact that he will be out against the Denver Donkeys and not against a more formidable opponent.

Though if we lose to the Donkeys and Starks, Green, and Kuhn doesn't do much then we play the what if Grant was healthy game. Thats why I don't list it as too high of a positive but I would rather get Green out there and get some experience in case we have to rely on him.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Still have (and if it turns out we lose -- would have had) a better chance of beating the donkeys without him than we do beating some of the other upcoming opponents without him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Delighted. Have Starks on my Fantasy Football team...

So do I! He hurt me last week by putting up a -2 but I'm hoping he has a big day against the Broncos.

As for Grant, I'm not happy he is out in the least. We need him. But I do agree with finding something positive about it. We are going to get to see Green unleashed. I think it is very positive this team will have 3 ace RBs by the time we are done this year.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
So do I! He hurt me last week by putting up a -2 but I'm hoping he has a big day against the Broncos.

As for Grant, I'm not happy he is out in the least. We need him. But I do agree with finding something positive about it. We are going to get to see Green unleashed. I think it is very positive this team will have 3 ace RBs by the time we are done this year.

Since this is the last year on Grants contract we need to find out if Green is the real deal.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never see a positive to a starter being out, especially one of Grants skill. Imagine if we didn't have grant last week. It will be interesting to see if Green can be productive. I am really excited about So'oto, I hope the promise he showed in the preseason pan's out.

I definitely see it as a positive that the game grant is out for is against a horrible team and we can get snaps to another player that might be needed to contribute later.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know its the NFL and "any given sunday" but we do not need grant to win this game, thats the point.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that's another week that I didn't get called up to sub.
Oh well.
Hey, buy my jersey anyway.
It's number 38 1/4

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope he makes one cut and hits the hole instead of dancing around like last week. He looked like an old runningback at the end of his career dancing to find a hole. Brockington, Foreman, Franco Harris -they all became dancers.

Members online

Latest posts