Ruvell Martin - Baller Status

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
• Remember the name Ruvell Martin when you get to the late stages of your fantasy draft. (Or, if you don't play fantasy, just remember the name, period.) The 6'4" third-year receiver from Saginaw Valley has shown flashes of brilliance, and he's tight with Aaron Rodgers to the extent that it's become a joke. Against Dallas last year, Rodgers tried to cram a ball into Martin and got chewed out for it on the sideline. When coach Mike McCarthy asked for an explanation, Rodgers quipped, "Ruvell, that's my man." Now teammates mimmick that line almost every day. It'll be tough to pass Jones, Jennings and Driver on the depth chart -- and he'll have to overcome some inconsistency issues to stay ahead of Nelson and Chris Francies -- but for now he's one injury away from being a solid contributor.

This isnt the only good account Ive heard about Ruvell. I hope he can retain his spot, because he has a fantastic attitude.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...card/index.html

Rilamann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ruvell I think is maybe the best #4 WR in the league,I dont seem him passing DD,Jennings & Jones though.

Not to sound like a homer but when I think about our group of WRs it almost seems unfair to the rest of the league.What other team can boast 5 solid WRs two of which are pro bowl caliber(DD & Jennings).

And 4 of which are young and still on the rise and are going to get better.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The odds are still stacked against the guy with the drafting of Jordy Nelson.

The only way to ease him in would for Driver to retire. I don't think we're ready for that yet.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rilamann said:
What other team can boast 5 solid WRs two of which are pro bowl caliber(DD & Jennings).

More importantly, which other team has 5 solid cornerbacks that can defend all our receivers. IF our o-line can give Rodgers time, he can pick apart opposing defenses like Brett did last season.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brett swain might make the team for speacial teams purposes

that being said that would make 6 recievers

driver
jennings
jones
nelson
martin
swain

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin told me he was going to have 8 TD's last year, at Fan Fest. I'm holding him to it this year dammit!

Tengo Juego

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ruvell possesses what the other guys in the group don't, and that as we all clearly can tell, is size. I like his role right now on the team. And I think he is comfortable in it.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just based off last night's game, the only guy who really seems to have a chance of challenging Martin for the 5th recievers job is Taj Smith since he made a couple of nice catches and one catch that went out of bounds. Swain seems destined for the practice squad at this point if he's lucky.

With Bodiford on IR, I really only see Green Bay carrying 5 recievers instead of 6 with the need to more that likely keep 3 QBs on the roster. Probably going to be Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Martin. Nelson, Williams, and Blackmon are pretty much battling it out for KR and PR duties at this point.

Francies won't make the team unless things turn around pretty drastically for him and nothing really jumped out at me with Quinn or Allen in last night's game either. Smith would be my pick so far for the 6th spot Bodiford held down last season if GB decides to go with 6 WRs again.

de_wrong_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Francies looked terribe. I noticed some nice footage on Ruvell and others on a blog today.

Highlights

Check out the Packer info on the top too, good links.

EarthQuake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point a see martin as #4, nelson as #5. I dont think nelson has too much of a chance to get above 5, but he'll play a lot on special teams. But theres still plenty to be played, so we'll see. I think martin will also line up in a lot of 2/3 wide sets in goaline situations.

Pack_One

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much out of Martin last night, but coming off injury that should be expected.

Members online

Latest posts