Running Game Didn't Help Today

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say, I always expected that a strong running game would help the offensive line significantly, and in turn help Rodgers.

That wasn't the case today, as he was getting pressured all day and never looked comfortable in the pocket. I know it's only one game, but I worry there is nothing that can really help our line.

It's been our Achilles heel for so long and will continue to be. Always told myself a better running game would help...maybe it won't.

Thoughts?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I though we had a guy give us about 6+ yards a carry today and get over 100 yards.
I thought it helped.

I thought the 2 interceptions hurt, and the fumble by Ross hurt, and the 4th down stuff hurt.

But the running game helped today.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The running game wasn't why they lost. They lost because our turnovers hurt more than the Bengals' turnovers did. It's that simple. The o-line has been shockingly very good in run blocking, since the second half vs. the 'Skins. But their pass blocking has been subpar and frankly ... bad.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Our running game isnt "strong" as you are suggesting. It is mid level at best and that is being optimistic. An example of a run game taking over was the Dallas vs Rams game on sunday. Demarco murray was an all out BEAST. When you can be that dominate on the ground, you open the passing game to take an all new level.

Getting over 100 yards two weeks in a row does not make us a good run team.....we are FAR from that...as we should be with the passing game that we have (just didnt show up for the bengals game).

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franklin ripped off 50 yards in one run, and I'm not minimize that at all, but the Bengals still didn't need to respect our running game for most of the game. Now one could argue that a successful running game could negatively affect the rhythm of the passing game...

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Franklin ripped off 50 yards in one run, and I'm not minimize that at all, but the Bengals still didn't need to respect our running game for most of the game. Now one could argue that a successful running game could negatively affect the rhythm of the passing game...

What about desmond Howard? When he was in his prime, he took us out of our game by not needing to get the offense on the field.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The passing game needs work. Rodgers and the receiving corps looked really sharp in weeks 1 & 2 but yesterday they looked out of rhythm and sync. I am sure Finley going down early had a ton to do with it, as he was a major mismatch AND looks great this season.

The Bengals knew where we were going to pass and let us know. How many passes did they bat down? 6 or 7? At least 3 on our final drive. We have to get a deep threat going, these little swing passes aren't doing it. They have been very effective in the past I will say that but if the Bengals figured it out, you bet that the Bears will and just about every other team. I think a good run game can only help out the pass game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's starting to look like that we finally have a running game.
Why rain on that parade?
These guys are making Grant look overrated.

crefan53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our star player looked like he was just holding on to the ball way too long.
Not to mention he was having such a bad day that he seemed like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he tried.
I think our line did fine when Aaron gets back on target with this running game he's going to be deadly.
We don't need Adrian Peterson numbers but what we've been doing will be enough to earn another teams respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts