Rumors...........

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if even one of those things turn out true.

I'm pretty sure I'd faint if the Sheppard one is true, I just don't see the Eagles trading Sheppard to someone in the NFC.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'd be surprised if even one of those things turn out true.

I'm pretty sure I'd faint if the Sheppard one is true, I just don't see the Eagles trading Sheppard to someone in the NFC.

There's been talk of them shipping Donovan to Chi or Minny... I think teams really only refrain from trading within their own division for the most part, IMO.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
Oh God, not Chris "The Whimperer" Simms.

I don't understand the Lito Shepherd move either. And I don't buy the rumor.

really? the whimperer? really? thats what your going with?

you mean the guy who played 2 quarters of a rivalry game with broken ribs and ruptured spleen.

you mean the guy who almost died from a football hit. and thats true. homeboy was close to dying. you mean your calling him a whimperer? he almost died and wouldnt leave the field....

whatever you say man.

a guy that plays that hurt can play for me any day. I would love to have Chris Simms as a back up.

Taking a body shot and almost dying from it does not make you "tough". It makes you a liability on a football field. But spin it however you want.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
MassPackersFan said:
Oh God, not Chris "The Whimperer" Simms.

I don't understand the Lito Shepherd move either. And I don't buy the rumor.

really? the whimperer? really? thats what your going with?

you mean the guy who played 2 quarters of a rivalry game with broken ribs and ruptured spleen.

you mean the guy who almost died from a football hit. and thats true. homeboy was close to dying. you mean your calling him a whimperer? he almost died and wouldnt leave the field....

whatever you say man.

a guy that plays that hurt can play for me any day. I would love to have Chris Simms as a back up.

Taking a body shot and almost dying from it does not make you "tough". It makes you a liability on a football field. But spin it however you want.

but when brett favre does it hes a hero.

i just want you to explain to me how hes a whimperer, and why he wouldnt make a good backup.

because all evidence points to anything but a whimper and was actually doing very above average for a young qb in a tough defensive division. but yeah lets not bring in guys like that as reserves because hes a whimperer.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More stats on Lito Shepherd.

In 2007:
He missed four weeks (three games) in 2007, Washington, Detroit, and New York, wait, wasn't it the 2nd NY game that Plaxico lit up the Eagles?

Total Games Missed: 3

he had 51 tackles most of them solo, and only 4 passes defened, and 2 ints, both against Dallas. Romo has a tendency to throw picks now and then.

Okay so that was 2007 what about 2006

In 2006:

He missed the first four games of the season against ouston, Giants, 49ers, and Green Bay, but also missed the final game against Atlanta

He had around 30 tackles and 19 Passes defended and 6 INTs (1TD)
Total GAmes Missed: 5

Okay so he had a bad stretch of luck lets look at 2005

In the Post Season he had4 Tackles and no passes defended versus the giants, and no stats in the New Orleans game.

In 2005:

He actually played a full season, no wait, he only played 11 games? His stats disappeared after week 11 against the giants but in that time he had 31 Tackles 9 Passes Defended and 3 INTs (1TD) (San Fran, Chargers, Dallas)

Okay so his luck is worse then I thought, what about in 2004?

In 2004:

Wow he played the entire season in 2004 for 56 Tackles 14 Passes Defended and 5 INTs (Carolina, Cleveland and Dallas and 2 TDs)

Now those were just the regular season numbers

In the Post Season he had 11 Tackles and 4 Passes Defended

In 2003:

He had 51 Tackles and 18 Passes Defended, 1 INT only 1 Tackle in the Post Season

In 2002: His stats were marginal at best.

13 Tackles 0 Passes Defended.

So uhm, exactly how is this an upgrade over Al Harris?

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of Chris Simms, the Bucs have a LOT of QBs now. They have Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, Luke McCown, Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. I don't think ANYBODY has to trade in get Simms. He will probably get cut. Simms also hasn't be going to the Bucs "informal" workouts. I think he and Gruden are on the outs. Simms is not a typical West Coast QB according to some scouts. He throws nice deep balls, but has trouble on short and intermediate throws. Bottom line, I think Simms will be available at some point if the Packers want him. But they will NOT have to trade for him.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2007:

he had 51 tackles most of them solo, and only 4 passes defened, and 2 ints, both against Dallas. Romo has a tendency to throw picks now and then.

In 2006:

He had around 30 tackles and 19 Passes defended and 6 INTs (1TD)
Total GAmes Missed: 5

In 2005:

... he had 31 Tackles 9 Passes Defended and 3 INTs (1TD) (San Fran, Chargers, Dallas)

In 2004:

Wow he played the entire season in 2004 for 56 Tackles 14 Passes Defended and 5 INTs (Carolina, Cleveland and Dallas and 2 TDs)

I think that the idea was that Lito would be a safety net for an aging Al Harris.

But in your post, and I appreciate the research you put into it btw, I bolded one of the most important things about a guy like Sheppard. He gets the ball back to the offense. I like that.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More stats on Lito Shepherd.

He's a good corner who regularly goes up against some of the best receivers in the league. Oh, and he's seven years younger than Al Harris - one of my favorite packers, btw - but who just can't be counted on for much longer.

And I like Tramon Williams, too. But I don't know if I want him starting on a regular basis if Al or CWood goes down for any length of time.

Lito Sheppard for a 2nd would be a very good deal for us.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trading a 2nd for lito would be like trading Corey Williams for Lito. Given our situation, i think that would still be a good trade.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to consider the circumstances of who the eagles were playing. They had their day with a NFC East that was just plain lousy for a while. Remember that spurrier fun and gun? Also, the INTs I don't really care about. The guy has not lasted longer than 11 games in the last three seasons. That's a concern. Now if your only brining him in as depth, then maybe, but if that's all your doing he isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

I'll be honest those INTs are not exactly great numbers for INTs, not when you compare it to top corners in the league. Trust me as a Redskins fan also I've seen plenty of lito, and he's the last person we fear in their secondary.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest those INTs are not exactly great numbers for INTs, not when you compare it to top corners in the league.

I totally understand your point, but you compared him to Al Harris. I'm pretty sure his per-game INT's are way better than Al Harris'.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know HArris's stats I haven't lookd at them recently, or woodsons for that matter, but I do know there is more to being a corner than INTs too.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since you feel like making such a huge deal about injurys lets compare Charles Woodson's last 6 years compared to Lito's.

Charles Woodson
2002- Games played-8
2003- Games played-15
2004- Games played-13
2005- Games played-6
2006- Games played-16
2007- Games played-14
Total-72

Lito Sheppard
2002- Games played-12
2003- Games played-16
2004- Games played-15
2005- Games played-10
2006- Games played-13
2007- Games played-11
Total-77

O wait we are making a mistake because Charles Woodson was an injury prone player we should have never took a chance on him and brought him to the Packers. Cut Woodson now because its his fault he gets injured all the time!!!! Yes theres precautions you take to help avoid injury like warming up and streching...etc. but injurys are more or less bad luck.

O and the reason Litos numbers werent all that great his 1st 2 years is well becasue he wasnt starting yet. He started 0 games in 2002 and 9 out of 16 in 2003.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I am saying here is that Woodson still had an injury after he got here right? So you factor that into what you offer up in a trade for Lito. Besides I'm in favor of getting youth at corner and letting them learn from Harris and Woodson, rather than bringing in another vet that could be gone in three or four years.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the more good players you can get on your team, the better. Yes, draft young corners to learn from our vets. yes, trade for lito shepherd.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no, don't trade for lito, because phily is going to want more than he is worth.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no, don't trade for lito, because phily is going to want more than he is worth.

that's pure speculation. are you recommending that the Packers don't inquire about Lito at all, simply because there's an assumption that Philly is going to want more than Lito is worth? Nothing can be assumed.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

im with you on this.

not so much about the money. but while lito is younger he has still had plenty of time to set himself apart as a shut down corner.

bringing woodson injury history isnt exactly a good analogy.

Woodson had had a much more productive career and had a much higher skill set when we took a chance on him injury and all. Lito plays on a good defense with all kinds of help. i just think that if he was gonna prove anything more than he would have by now.

its just not a good value trade, and i agree with the youth movement because it works.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason he wants to leave the Eagles is that he is not happy with the recent developments at their CB position (according to NFL.com). That means he's probably not happy about being the #1 corner anymore. Many of you think he'd be a good #3 a.k.a. slot CB. He would want to be the #1 corner in our team, which would mean pushing Woodson or Harris to the slot position. And we all know that ain't right. So I say no for getting Lito.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you trade for him, and he WINS a starting position, THAT'S A GOOD THING! I just hate when people say don't bring in so-and-so, it's gonna hurt Al's feelings. This is football. If you want to start, then win the job. Yes, I think Al would win the job over Lito, but if he didn't, that says a lot about our starting CB's now, doesn't it?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
if you trade for him, and he WINS a starting position, THAT'S A GOOD THING! I just hate when people say don't bring in so-and-so, it's gonna hurt Al's feelings. This is football. If you want to start, then win the job. Yes, I think Al would win the job over Lito, but if he didn't, that says a lot about our starting CB's now, doesn't it?

i completely agree about the competition part. i dont care if bozz trys out, if he beats al harris for the starting job... then he should freakin start. i dont care about their feelings.

but i dont want the dissent that might come from Lito if he doesnt win the job AND i dont wanna pay a 3rd CB 1st CB money.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly should take a second.

We know they don't want him with Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel on their roster.

I would totally trade our second for Lito Shepherd.

Would anyone want to throw against Harris, Woodson, AND Shepherd? The defense is in the nickel formation for almost half of the defensive snaps now a days. Shepherd would really help our team.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion, about Lito has zilch to do with our corners as they are now. I don't think he's that great a Corner, he's a good one, but not great, and the Eagles have been shopping him since before free agency started. I don't think he's worth a 2nd Round Pick honestly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts