porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 5, 2007
Written by Joe Arrigo - PackerChatters Staff

With Brett Favre officially returning to the Packers,
they have tentatively targeted Randy Moss, Drew
Bennett, Clinton Portis

I really don't want to see Drew Bennett here but the guy that I want from that list is Clinton Portis all the way. He had his best season in Denver in the zone blocking scheme. He's still only like 24 or 25 years old because he was 20 when he came into the NFL I believe. I really think landing him would upgrade Green Bay's rushing attack into the top 10 of the NFL.

Just my two cents though.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 8, 2007

Here is whats going on the sidelines;

The Packers are considering offering a 3rd round pick
and Bubba Franks to the Raiders for Randy Moss. But
Raiders owner Al Davis wants to meet with Moss to see
if anything can be done to work out the disgruntled WR
issues with the team.

Justin Smith's name keeps coming up when I speak to my
Packers sources). What would this mean for Cullen
Jenkins (who is asking for a deal around $9 million)?

I was told the Packers don't have any interest in
Jeremy Stephens and are lukewarm on Daniel Graham.
Itula Mili is a name that the Packers have some
interest in though, since they can draft a TE and Mili
could start until the rookie is ready.

Mike Doss will be a free agent after he voids the 5th
year of his contract. The Packers, Browns, Bengals,
Dolphins, Raiders and Chiefs may have interest.

I heard the Vikings may offer the #7 overall pick and
a couple players for Minnesota native (and former ball
boy) Larry Fitzgerald. The Cardinals are not actively
shopping him, but they may be willing to listen.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 9, 2007

The Packers MAY look at Donte Stallworth, but that may
be just a courtesy. He has ties to Mike McCarthy (when
he was OC in New Orleans) but would look to want big
money, something the Packers don't think he is worth
(at this time). Another name to watch is 49ers TE Eric
Johnson.

The Packers will talk to Ahman Green's agent in the
next few weeks to see what he is asking to return foe
a couple years.

Warren Sapp has called Randy Moss to see if he can
help change his mind about a trade and mend the WR's
fractured relationship with the Raiders.

If Trent Green doesn't restructure his deal, he could
be cut form the Chiefs, who may be looking to go after
Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwhich.

Dom Capers and **** LeBeau MAY be in line to join
Marty Schottenhiemer in San Diego as DC/Asst. HC

The Chargers will release or trade Donnie Edwards this
off season. Teams that might be interested are the
Packers, Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins, Patriots,
Houston, the 49ers and the Panthers.

The Vikings will move Fred Smoot this off season I was
told, and there are a number of teams "interested".

If Brady Quinn slips to the Vikings at #7, look for
them to take him even with last years 2nd round pick
Tavaris Jackson showing some ability

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How good of a source is this site. It really looks like they're naming everything and anything.

I've read his rumors for the past year plus and find them worthless, however they are entertaining. It's fun to read, thats about it though. He claims to have solid connections, but I think they blow smoke up his ***.

Everything and anything, yes, then they go back an if they hit on one, they say 'i am credible per this post'.

Jay is a clever person. Just don't put money on any of his rumors, lol.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 13, 2007

The Packers will in fact try to make a big time run at Ravens LB/DE Adalius Thomas to be a DE/LB IF the Ravens do not tag him which is still a possibility.

The Packers have indeed talked to the Broncos about a deal that would send Tatum Bell and a pick to the Packers for KGB and a pick. I got the feeling that KGB will be moved this off season so this may be the first of many KGB to (fill in the blank) rumors. (That was a GREAT SCOOP Patty!!!)

The Packers have interest in Dante Stallworth, but look for the Titans and 49ers (who I have been told view him as their top priority) to overpay for him.

New free agent La Var Arrington may be calling the Packers this time around. He was EXTREEMLEY close to signing with the Packers last season, and may have to play at a bargain price (with whom ever he signs with). Also, the Poston's have a solid working relationship with Ted Thompson.

The Packers seem to have cooled off a little on the Randy Moss deal for a couple of reasons. (1.) Al Davis is trying to mend the rift between him and the team (2.) Al Davis wants equal value (as of today) from any team wanting Moss (which means a 2nd or a 1st) and (3.) The Packers are starting to think a WR in this draft could have just as much as an impact THIS SEASON and down the road for a cheaper price.

The Packers want to re-sign Ahman Green to a cheaper (non-starter) price, but with the free agent RB market being as it is, teams like the Giants, Jets, Ravens, Oakland, Denver and the Texans seem to have ALOT of interest.

Justin Griffith, the Falcons free agent FB, is amongst the Packers top FA targets this off season.

Some people I talked to think the Packers will let
Ahman Green walk because they, the people I talked to, feel he is done and will not be the type of player he
once was. If the Packers were to re-sign him, it would
be for a 1 or 2 year deal.

There are a few teams that seem to be interested in
the Packers DE "KGB" including the Buccaneers,
Raiders, Cardinals, Browns, Broncos, Texans, Redskins
and Jags.

Packers fans, just remember the name John Beck (QB,
BYU) during the draft days).

Deon Grant may be on the Packers short list, but they
will not get into a bidding war over him.

Sidney Rice's name is moving up draft boards, possibly
as high as #16 to the Packers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
He's taking things he's heard around websites an flipping them into 'rumors'.

I used to think this guy was entertaining, now he's jus getting weak.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are just that.....nothing more, nothing less. So if you take them at face value, you won't get bothered by them.
If they do bother you, then you have to just avoid those threads.
(I'm not saying this to anyone in particular, just making a blanket statement).
Somedays, the BS bothers me (like if i'm feeling REALLY crummy that day) other days i can read it, laugh, or try to get something good out of it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rumors are just that.....nothing more, nothing less. So if you take them at face value, you won't get bothered by them.
Somedays, the BS bothers me (like if i'm feeling REALLY crummy that day) other days i can read it, laugh, or try to get something good out of it.

It's good for those who don't browse the net while at work and see where this dude gets his 'rumors' from. I jus don't like ppl being fake and this man ...

Suppose if I have nothing nice to say about the subject I should shut my hole.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
How good of a source is this site. It really looks like they're naming everything and anything.

I've read his rumors for the past year plus and find them worthless, however they are entertaining. It's fun to read, thats about it though. He claims to have solid connections, but I think they blow smoke up his ***.

Everything and anything, yes, then they go back an if they hit on one, they say 'i am credible per this post'.

Jay is a clever person. Just don't put money on any of his rumors, lol.

Pro Football Weekly

That is the most accurate rumor site on the net in my opinion. If it's on there it is probably true.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I spit out the name Sidney Rice about three weeks ago. Only from the standpoint that I like him a bunch. He is what I refer to as the new NFL receiver.

By that I mean:

1) He is good enough now to contribute in year one. Something a few WR have shown is possible here lately.

2) He is STRONG. He can get off the line and will win more battles against CB's for the ball than he will lose.

The whole "go for Thomas" thing makes sense when the trade KGB for Bell deal is thrown into the equation. We would want a plan when it comes to KGB because we are not deep enough at DE.

Hey, Thomas, Bell, Rice. These are the types of personnel upgrades that get's you to the playoffs. Moss would be great but if it went this route I would be just fine.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If TT does this, I might just change my opinion of him....

(I said "might"...)
TT is a genious. You will see.

1. Genious
102 up, 12 down

It is often the case that idiots describe themselves as 'genious' but are ironically ignorant to the fact that the word is spelt 'genius' - much to the amusement of us intelligent people.

"Like, woah, yeah man, I'm like, such a genious, dude!"
"Well, you're retarded..."
by stef Jul 24, 2003 email it
permalink: del.icio.us
Send to a friend
your email:
their email:
send me the word of the day (it's free)

2. Genious
28 up, 11 down

What one person calls another while trying to subvert the other's intelligence, often in a public forum.

The attacker may account for the superfluous "o" by claiming to be of French heritage, but no one will believe him and will enjoy the irony of misspelling "genius" while trying to undermine another's intelligence.

A petty member of the forum will point out the mistake and may create a new definition for "genious" at Urban Dictionary.

"You sound like a genious."

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one name I keep reading that I'm loving is Clinton Portis. I don't think WR is as much of a pressing problem as TE is, and the risk of over paying a WR doesn't seem worth it to me. We need a TE and if Green goes, we'll have to fill that spot too. I guess the WR talk just isn't as appealing to me. IMO, alot is riding on whether Green stays or goes.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

It's good for those who don't browse the net while at work and see where this dude gets his 'rumors' from. I jus don't like ppl being fake and this man ...

Suppose if I have nothing nice to say about the subject I should shut my hole.
No Zero......i agree with what you are saying. If there is NO "truth" about something, why post it? Unless you are up front and say "I wish this would happen." If you are just throwing lies out there to rile people up, then the person should shut up and not waste our time with the BS.

I always liked Portis, but i don't really know how good he is right now at this point in his career.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is often the case that idiots describe themselves as 'genious' but are ironically ignorant to the fact that the word is spelt 'genius' - much to the amusement of us intelligent people.

Hey genious, it's "spelled" not "spelt" (and it should actually be "we" intelligent people, not "us". Other than that, I think you're a genius.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Hey genious, it's "spelled" not "spelt" (and it should actually be "we" intelligent people, not "us". Other than that, I think you're a genius.

Smooth. Real smooth. That was a copy/paste from Urban Dictionary. Genius.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Zero
Make sure it's a legit copy and paste and not some made up crap or you could get banned like that other genius just did.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would quoting posts from a nobody in an internet forum like PackerChatters make me a genious?

Members online

Latest posts