Rumor Mill: Could the Green Bay Packers Pry Branden Albert from Kansas City Chiefs?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can a guy come in and learn the offense in such short time?

It isnt just trade for so and so and it will be magic..

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I was always critical of Newhouse, the kid had an open-door policy where Rodgers was concerned and A-Rod spent a lot of time on his back. He still gets sacked which is why we need the slants and the short passes to Cobb. Not sure if we abandoned that strategy yesterday or not but makes ya wonder if Branden could make a significant enough impact to take over the starting duties. He could be invaluable come playoff time.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Does KC run the zone blocking scheme? If not, no dice. Also he is a FA next year. Strike two. TT & MM are content with the progress Newhouse has made. I don't see this happening. Not saying they won't make a run for him in FA next year. (nobody expected TT to have fewer draft picks at the end than he started with either)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes this situation scary is that Sherrod will probably never see the field this year.
KC owes us.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/17/snapshot-pbe-offensive-tackles/

I don't see this guy to be an upgrade over what we currently have especially since it would cost a draft pick for a 1 yr stop gap that we don't really need. The entire line is soft when it comes to run blocking so why try to replace one of the better pass protectors we have had so far even if the replacement is better at run blocking but equal in pass pro.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That article is idiotic and is reaching. The reason the Packers struggled on offensive isn't because of Newhouse. It's because 3 offensive starters were missing, two at one position. We had to start our #3, 4 and 5 receivers, who obviously aren't as talented as our 1 and 1a guys. Jacksonville was able to play one on one coverage all day long without having to worry about anyone getting open.

As for defense it was the first game without the leader of the defense in Woodson. Some growing pains are to be expected.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, this guy writes dozens and dozens of articles about "Should (insert team here) trade (insert player here) to the (insert team here)." I know he has written a handful about Greg Jennings being traded.

These types of "Rumor" articles net high page views at these freelancer websites.

Members online

Latest posts