RUMOR: Eagles offer up for Javon Walker

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Doesn't really matter. TT will never trade him now that he has backed him into a corner. What an idiot. Why not just discuss a trade behind closed doors. By demanding a trade in the press, Walker would make TT look like a (replaced word) kitty.

Besides, I'm not sure why eagle fans are excited about it. They still have McNabb throwing the ball!

In all seriousness, if you want to bash McNabb....I couldn't care less....

As for Favre....he is one of my favorite players. I've always like the guy...but he just 29 INTS a year ago....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:
DePack said:
Doesn't really matter. TT will never trade him now that he has backed him into a corner. What an idiot. Why not just discuss a trade behind closed doors. By demanding a trade in the press, Walker would make TT look like a (replaced word) kitty.

Besides, I'm not sure why eagle fans are excited about it. They still have McNabb throwing the ball!

As for Favre....he is one of my favorite players. I've always like the guy...but he just 29 INTS a year ago....

I'm just busting on you. I live in the Philly area so naturally I hate them since they are not my favorite team.

BTW....I can tell Favre is one of your favorite players by your signature block!! That hurts! :twisted:

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
McMVP said:
DePack said:

I'm just busting on you. I live in the Philly area so naturally I hate them since they are not my favorite team.

BTW....I can tell Favre is one of your favorite players by your signature block!! That hurts! :twisted:

LOL....I just put it there because I think it's a humorous version of those commercials he made a couple years ago...it's all in fun....

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question...

Do you think TT made those comments in order to try to regain some of the trade value that was lost by Walker going public with his feelings?

Or do you feel he truly will hold firm and not deal him?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Forget Hollis, offer Walker and our 4th and 5th for their second and third. Five picks in the first day in this rich draft could really help make a team for the future.
:roll: Like the idea, but doubt the Higgles would

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is going to have to hold firm. Personally, I would try to extend his contract NOW. I thought we should have done that as soon as he got hurt in the first game last season. Just to kind of show "hey look we appreciate you not holding out and we are going to take care of players that uphold their end of the bargain". Now TT is in no man's land. If he trades him every disgruntled player will be using the same tactic.

OP
OP
H

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we actually have depth on the d-line, getting hollis thomas would **** me off, Hollis is solid but nothing special, and gets hurt a lot--he once broke his foot running onto the field during introductions in Dallas, and if the 3rd round pick is the highest pick we get, i'd be pissed

Roderick Hood and a 2nd and we'll talk

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I think he is going to have to hold firm. Personally, I would try to extend his contract NOW. I thought we should have done that as soon as he got hurt in the first game last season. Just to kind of show "hey look we appreciate you not holding out and we are going to take care of players that uphold their end of the bargain". Now TT is in no man's land. If he trades him every disgruntled player will be using the same tactic.

I agree that he should try...it would be interesting to see what Walker's response would be.

Sometimes money cures a lot. But he sounded more than a little upset about the whole situation.

I actually think they should've given him more last year when he held out. I don't like hold outs....but some make more sense than others. Walker had a much better argument than T.O. did....

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I agree, hood and a 2nd and we'll talk. I want a 3rd too :p

Hood's a good player....but no way Reid gives a 2nd and Hood for Walker...

Before the injury? Maybe. But not now....that was a major injury....you have to factor that in...

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Walker is a baby-TO, and I'm not talking skill-wise.

Walker and T.O. weren't the first players to want more money....

One came back to his team and wasn't a distraction...only to get hurt in the effort. The other came back and raised hell....got kicked out of camp for a week, showed off in front of his house with helicpoters swarming all over the place. Came back and raised more hell....got suspended....

T.O. wanted more than just money....he wanted to be the victim....or at least make people think he was. He has paid dearly financially for it.

I think if Walker got his pay day, you'd never hear him complain again....

OP
OP
H

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:
GakkofNorway said:
I agree, hood and a 2nd and we'll talk. I want a 3rd too :p

Hood's a good player....but no way Reid gives a 2nd and Hood for Walker...

Before the injury? Maybe. But not now....that was a major injury....you have to factor that in...

I agree, but at the same time, an impact reciever is what the Eagles need, and, there is nothing on the market now that reggie wayne and randle el are locked up--and there will be a few recievers in April who are barely first round quality...maybe TT will try and make the eagles give up some good commodities instead of a DT that we really dont need

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles never wanted Randel El...nor did I....Redskins overpaid him big time....

But you're right....unless Moulds is cut, Walker is the only option out there for the #1 WR position at this point....

I think Givens is still free....but I think he's more of a #2....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with Walker was that he had only had one good season up until that point. He was pretty **** poor his first season, started to come on a bit at the end of the second and then really had a good year his third season. The Packers wanted him to prove it wasn't a fluke. They also have something of a team rule that contract's don't get extended until there is one year left. They would have extended him had he not gotten hurt last year, but it made little sense to extend him last year after he got hurt. It was just a really long string of bad luck for Mr. 9 Wonderlic Walker.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT should get on the phone and tell those guys in Philly about the greatest WR that we have now his name is FERGUSON, then tell them that you have the worst hangover of your life and that you are willing to trade him to Philli for a six pack of anything, this is just how bad the hangover is, anything even bud light or coors light, but you need to know right now...

That trade makes sense to me !!!!

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
The problem with Walker was that he had only had one good season up until that point. He was pretty **** poor his first season, started to come on a bit at the end of the second and then really had a good year his third season. The Packers wanted him to prove it wasn't a fluke. They also have something of a team rule that contract's don't get extended until there is one year left. They would have extended him had he not gotten hurt last year, but it made little sense to extend him last year after he got hurt. It was just a really long string of bad luck for Mr. 9 Wonderlic Walker.

Many rookie WRs struggle....but he came around. I don't think anyone thinks it was a fluke.

As for his wonderlic...who cares really? He plays football.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lolol what if chatman becomes the eagles #1 and nets a 1000 yard season :p

LOL....you never know....the Eagles throw the ball 40 times a game....

Unfortunately....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:
TOPackerFan said:

Many rookie WRs struggle....but he came around. I don't think anyone thinks it was a fluke.

His Wonderlic is relative because he listened (and is still listening) to some very bad advice, which, IMO a smarter man wouldn't do.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
McMVP said:
TOPackerFan said:

His Wonderlic is relative because he listened (and is still listening) to some very bad advice, which, IMO a smarter man wouldn't do.

Perhaps....but he was smart enough to fire Drew Rosenhaus...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the frying pan, into the fire. The kid is an idiot that cannot keep his lips from flapping. He wants to throw a tantrum.....well, let your agent be the bad guy...that is why they are paid...to insulate the player from backlash from teams and fans when negotiations turn sour, which they almost always do.

Immature little ***** as far as I am concerned.

"I want my candy and I want it now.............."

Members online

Latest posts