Roster Move 10/30

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2005/10/29/1/

The Green Bay Packers Saturday promoted running back Samkon Gado from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, and placed safety Earl Little on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement.

Gado, a 5-foot-10, 226-pound rookie from Liberty, had joined the team's practice squad Oct. 17. The running back, whose name is pronounced SAM-konn GAH-doh, is No. 35 on the Packers' roster.

Originally signed as a non-drafted free agent by Kansas City this past May, he was waived near the end of preseason but re-joined the Chiefs and spent the season's first month on their practice squad.

A native of Nigeria, Gado played 39 games at Liberty and averaged 6.0 yards on 273 career carries (1,631 yards) with 16 touchdowns, and caught 38 passes for 486 yards and six TDs.

Little, a 6-foot, 202-pound veteran out of Miami (Fla.), injured his hamstring in the Packers' 32-29 loss at Carolina Oct. 3. The injury had sidelined him each of the ensuing two contests.

OP
OP
R

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I previously posted this about Gado:

I found this on Whispers around the League (Pro Football Weekly):

• We hear the Packers are smitten with practice-squad RB Samkon Gado, a 5-foot-10, 226-pounder claimed from the Chiefs last week. One scout said that Gado, who attended Liberty (Va.), runs a 4.43 40-yard dash and a 4.13-second short shuttle and has serious upside; he even called Gado the next Willie Parker.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman might as well put Samkon in today and give him a try. We are just about out of offensive weapons so it wouldn't hurt to try out some new ones. I just hope Brett doesn't get killed if the kid can't pick up the blitz.

Members online

Latest posts