Roster cuts

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope that we make some moves with all the cuts going on. There is some good talent that didn't make some teams out there.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Crabtree was a better blocker than Havner.

Keep in mind, Havner had been on the team since 2006. For three years he had a chance to solidify a position above Donald Lee and Jermichael Finley, and he wasn't able to do so. Trying to trade him makes sense.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havner will be either a Bear or a Lion in a few short days. Maybe even A Viking. He has intricate knowledge of GBs goalline packages, including all fakes, tricks, and nuances. He will get signed to at least debrief the goal line packages (hell, he was the goalline package for a few games). You heard it here first. All bets on MN.

Yeah, I don't see it as a big deal. Teams tend to change things up each year, including new plays, new cadence, etc. If they felt like his going to a division rival would be a threat to our team, they wouldn't have cut him.

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havner to the Lions?

I saw a blurb that the Lions had claimed Havner. I hope Crabtree will justify his spot.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at this point, Havner wasn't really much better. We've had him since 2006, and he was never a stand out player. Yes, he made a couple of great plays for us, but he wasn't really improving. Sometimes it's just better to move on.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Havner is a fan favorite but he's blocking has been suspect and he only had 7 recs last year. Yeah, 4 were TDs but only 7 catches makes me wonder. He was only wildly open too. Like the defense just let him do as he pleased and left him alone. Personally glad he was cut. Wish we had cut Swain too.

Members online

Latest posts