Rose Bowl

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got back from the game. Great win for the badgers, but Robinson should be up for heisman, dude is amazing.

If its not the rose bowl it will be another BCS bowl, not the worst thing in the world. might actually be good if we have a chip on our shoulder.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I was sweating today that's for sure. lol

First I thought we all but had the Rose Bowl wrapped up when Purdue was beating MS the entire game into the 4th. Then they COMPLETELY choked the game away like I haven't seen in a long time.

So now that means we need Ohio St. to win... They and Iowa go into the 4th tied at 10. Iowa takes the lead and holds it til around 2 mins left.. When OSU had that 4th and 10, I thought that's it. But they pulled it out of their ***.

So assuming Wisky wins, still need Ohio state to win if Michigan State also wins.

Another stressful weekend ahead..

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If its not the rose bowl it will be another BCS bowl, not the worst thing in the world. might actually be good if we have a chip on our shoulder.

It looks like we'd play BSU, possibly Stanford. BSU could crush us, I'd rather play Stanford, lol.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like we'd play BSU, possibly Stanford. BSU could crush us, I'd rather play Stanford, lol.

The school that plays on smurf turf? I would love for Wi to shut up all their fans. Sick of hearing them complain.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got back from the game. Great win for the badgers, but Robinson should be up for heisman, dude is amazing.

Giving a Heisman Trophy to a barely bowl eligible team would be like giving the NFL MVP to an 8-8/9-7 team that doesn't make the playoffs. I really hope it doesn't happen.

Cam Newton gets it as far as I'm concerned, unless they can prove there is truth behind the allegations surrounding him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giving a Heisman Trophy to a barely bowl eligible team would be like giving the NFL MVP to an 8-8/9-7 team that doesn't make the playoffs. I really hope it doesn't happen.

yeah... Can you imagine if they gave it to a player on a team with only 2 wins?!?!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah a 2 win team never would have the best overall player in the land..I know its an odd concept but I bet it is possible..

Or the fact that only a q/b or wr, or a rb is the best player...I bet some lineman or linebackers were the best players in years the " high profile" players won

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cam Newton gets it as far as I'm concerned, unless they can prove there is truth behind the allegations surrounding him.

Nope Cam Newton doesnt get it, Boise Sate's QB should get it

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah a 2 win team never would have the best overall player in the land..I know its an odd concept but I bet it is possible..

Or the fact that only a q/b or wr, or a rb is the best player...I bet some lineman or linebackers were the best players in years the " high profile" players won

cant tell if you got what I was referring to...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just going to wait to post pictures but yeah most likely.

remind me next year but Ill hook you up with some badger tickets.

Rather have Packer tickets

wife has never been to a regular game and is itching to go..Went to family night this year, but not the same..

My brother has Gold season tickets and is going to give us his next year...Think its the 2nd home game?

Tried to get her to go this year yet but she aint going to go hen cold

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rather have Packer tickets

wife has never been to a regular game and is itching to go..Went to family night this year, but not the same..

My brother has Gold season tickets and is going to give us his next year...Think its the 2nd home game?

Tried to get her to go this year yet but she aint going to go hen cold

If I had a box I would hook you up, but no luck.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wisconsin now leads the all-time series against Northwestern 56-33-5, including 22-14-2 in Madison.

The home team has now won the last six games in the series. That will hold for a while as Wisconsin and Northwestern won't be in the same division when the conference splits up next season and won't play each other in 2011.

Wisconsin won its 12th Big Ten title and first since 1999.

The Big Ten had its first three-way tie for the title since 2000.

The Badgers had seven conference wins for just the fourth time (1998, 1999, 2006)

Wisconsin had an unbeaten record at home (minimum six games) for the 12th time.

Wisconsin is undefeated this season when scoring first (10-0), leading after the first quarter (8-0), leading at the half (9-0) and leading after three quarters (11-0).

Wisconsin entered leading the nation in penalties per game (3.0) and were third in penalty yards per game (30.3). Both of those numbers will go down as UW had two penalties for 25 yards vs. Northwestern.

The Badgers have 46 rushing touchdowns. The Big Ten record is 48 (Ohio State, 1974).

Wisconsin has an outside chance of being the first team in history with three 1,000-yard rushers and a 2,500-yard passer. Nevada in 2009 had three 1,000-yard rushers, but the QB passed for 2,052 yards. Here is what is needed: James White already has 1,000 yards (1,029). John Clay needs 64 yards rushing and Montee Ball needs136 yards while Scott Tolzien would have to pass for exactly 200 yards.

Clay broke a seventh-place tie with Terrell Fletcher on UW's all-time rushing attempts list.

Scott Tolzien passed both Mike Samuel and Randy Wright to move into fourth place on UW's all-time passing yards list and also passed Samuel to move into fourth place on UW's pass completions list.

Tolzien has thrown for the sixth-most yards in a season in UW history. He'll likely move into fourth place (only 91 yards needed), but third place (would need over 300) is a longshot.

Nick Toon passed both Tim Stracka and David Charles into 12th place on UW's all-time receiving yards list.

I love this stat: If Tolzien goes 0-for-55 passing in the bowl game, he'll still have completed 60.6% of his passes this season.

Ball became the second UW player to have four rushing touchdowns in back-to-back weeks (Ron Dayne in 1996 was the other).

For the third straight week Ball set a personal best in rushing yards.

Philip Welch became the second player in UW history to record 300 points (Dayne with 426 is the other).

J.J. Watt has 21 tackles-for-loss on the season, tied for sixth-most in a season in UW history.

Watt also has three blocked kicks, tied for second-most in a season in UW history. Richard Johnson had six in 1984.

For the first time in school history UW has had three straight games with two 100-yard rushers.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the BCS
Thank God their will be a Championship game next year in the Conference.
Way to go Badgers / MSU!
Too bad Michigan couldn't get r done vs osu!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the BCS
Thank God their will be a Championship game next year in the Conference.
Way to go Badgers / MSU!
Too bad Michigan couldn't get r done vs osu!

as a badger fan Michigan winning would have screwed the badgers. It was strange to cheer for Ohio State lol

BadgerAnthony

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone planning on going to the rose bowl?

And know of any good Badger/Wisconsin/Packers bars in Los Angeles/Pasadena?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5918723&categoryid=2564308]Rose Bowl Preview - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts