Rooting for the Vikings on Sunday

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I'm normally never one to cheer for the Queens, but this Sunday I'm going to have to make an exception.

If Minnesota can knock off Detroit, that would make our magic number 1 to clinch the division.

All the Packers would have to do then is knock off Oakland next week and we'll clinch the NFC North. I know most of you guys probably hate Minnesota like I do, but it's probably worth putting your hatred aside for one Sunday, at least because you know it will help the Packers.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be voting for the Vikings to win!! I thought that the Bears and Lions had to loose for us to clinch the division?

I think we can win the Oakland game so not worried there. We just have to keep our game plan the sameway.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume we also need to root against Tampa and Seattle for a first round playoff bye in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
RainX

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears already have 6 losses. Lions currently have 5 losses. As long as Detroit records their 6th loss on Sunday, they could finish no better than 10-6. Assuming we beat Oakland next week, that would give us 11 wins and we could finish no worse than 11-5 and we'd clinch the division.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup....i was already looking at all of that. We are on the edge of sealing the division up. With 4 games left to go, isn't that a great feeling?
I remember MANY times having it go down to the last game..........and sometimes needing help from a different team to seal it. If we take care of business next week, and a few things go our way in other games, we're in.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Minnesota. Driver always runs up big yards against the Vikes.

2002:
4-121-1
2-25-0

2003:
okay, not this year because this was a running year for the Packers

2004:
3-28-0
11-162-1

2005:
8-114-1
5-84-2

2006:
10-93-1
9-99

2007:
okay, not this year either, but this year, we've been spreading it around.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be voting for the Vikings to win!! I thought that the Bears and Lions had to loose for us to clinch the division?

I think we can win the Oakland game so not worried there. We just have to keep our game plan the sameway.

The bears and lions had to lose to clinch a playoff birth.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope the vikes win,the bears play the giants hope the bears lose but the way the giants are playing like they did the vikes last week think this goes to the bears

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't root for anyone but the Pack. The bottom line is that if the Packers take care of business and stay within their game plan they can beat anyone. The lost to Dallas because they got out of their game plan and their defense played lousy. We're going to win the North, now we have to play for home field because I don't think Dallas can run the table.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't root for anyone but the Pack. The bottom line is that if the Packers take care of business and stay within their game plan they can beat anyone. The lost to Dallas because they got out of their game plan and their defense played lousy. We're going to win the North, now we have to play for home field because I don't think Dallas can run the table.
Well, anything can happen. I'm not really "rooting" for the Queens, but if they win it's just better for us.
One of the RARE times i don't mind hearing that STUPID horn!!! :lol:
Vikings 28-10 now. :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, the vikes actually scare me a little in the playoffs, with peterson back. The lions on the other hand dont.

Wow, 35-10 at half.
I agree,....the Queens are looking good..........of course, they ARE playing the LIONS! :wink:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Queens look that good or do the Lions look that bad? Remember, we made the Lions look awfully at times on Thanksgiving too.

As for us, I'm worried about our defense. They were supposed to be a real shut down defense and they're just not that way. Unless the defense reflames, anyone can beat us.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if they win or lose. Either way, the Packers will win at least ONE game and have the NFCN Title.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ha, vikes going for it on 4th down when up 32 points.

stay classy

By the time of your post, it must have still been the third quarter.

You're right, the game was almost over :roll:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

stay classy

The Vikes looked good. Hopefully they will not let it get to their heads! :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

stay classy

theres no defending your teams douchebaggery, shut your face.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
tromadz said:

stay classy

theres no defending your teams douchebaggery, shut your face.
Is that even a word???? :wink: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts