Root for Cards or Yikes!?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think I'm just going to say I'll root for the Packers in games such as these. I'll root for whatever team will help the Pack the most regardless of how much I may loathe that team. If an enemy can help the Pack, then for that one instance the lamb shall lie down with the lion. For instance, I rooted for the Eagles when they played the Lions and I'll root for them over any of our division rivals, not because I like the Eagles but because the Eagles beating a division rival will help the Packers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Cardinals vs. vikings - I'll root for the Cardinals of course.

Bears vs. Vikings - I won't root for either one. I'll hope it's a knock down drag out blood bath that leaves both teams so tired and so discouraged they can't function the next couple of week.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cardinals x's 100000000000000000000000000

I actually picked the Vikings to win this game at the beginning of the season (1 of the 4 I thought they would get), but I don't think so now...Vikes will lose at home and go to 2-6 :viksux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the offensive schemes for every team in the league, but I can think of a few teams that could use McNabb besides the Vikings: Carolina, Oakland, San Fran, Arizona, maybe Buffalo and Cleveland all come to mind. I'll also throw in Chicago as rumors circulate about a possible McNabb for Cutler trade, since Cutler is Shanahan's guy and all.

Let's also not forget that either Mike Vick or Kevin Kolb will likely be traded next season. I have a hard time thinking Philly keeps both guys. Matt Hasselbeck out of Seattle is another possibility, as is Carson Palmer.

I expect there to be a rookie cap with the new CBA, so trading up into the first round won't be nearly as expensive. It will cost you a boat load of draft picks, but won't kill you in terms of salary cap.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know the offensive schemes for every team in the league, but I can think of a few teams that could use McNabb besides the Vikings: Carolina, Oakland, San Fran, Arizona, maybe Buffalo and Cleveland all come to mind. I'll also throw in Chicago as rumors circulate about a possible McNabb for Cutler trade, since Cutler is Shanahan's guy and all.

Let's also not forget that either Mike Vick or Kevin Kolb will likely be traded next season. I have a hard time thinking Philly keeps both guys. Matt Hasselbeck out of Seattle is another possibility, as is Carson Palmer.

I expect there to be a rookie cap with the new CBA, so trading up into the first round won't be nearly as expensive. It will cost you a boat load of draft picks, but won't kill you in terms of salary cap.

San Fran hasn't known how to bring in a good QB since DeBartolo had to turn over the team to his in-laws. Makes you glad the Packers don't have ownership family feuds.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would hate to see McNabb go to the Vikings or Bears, he's one of my fave QBs and it would be hard for me to have to play him so much. I hope he either stays with the Skins or goes to San Fran, Westbrook is there and it would be great to see them play together again.

As for Philly giving up Vick or Kolb, I would tend to think Reid would keep them both. Who wouldn't want 2 starting QBs at your disposal? Vick the veteran, Kolb rising. Trouble is, which one do you pick as your 1st starter? It also causes a QB controversy having them both there. It's a double edged sword. Kolb would make a young team a really good starting QB, but I see the Eagles hoarding them both.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick is in the last year of his contract in Philly and will be an unrestricted free agent next year. Philly can tag him, but that's going to cost them a TON of money. Plus, Philly essentially moved on to the Kolb era by trading McNabb in the first place. If he's truly the future of the franchise, you can't just have him sit on the bench. That's why I think one or the other will be gone next season. My guess is Vick will be traded to someone outside the division.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
you can carve this in stone--The only time I will root for the vikings is if, by their winning, it knocks the Bears out of the playoffs

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expected the Jags to get owned by the Cowgirls, but after seeing that, It's not too far fetched to see the Cards give the Viqueens a nice conventiant L

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team and I mean EVERY TEAM, the Vikes play against I root for their opponent.
My little chart:
Pack: Duh, always cheer for.
Lions: Every team except Packers
Bears: Every team, except Lions and Packers
Vikings: N*E*V*E*R!!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the Yikes! won, it was still a close game for them to beat another losing team.
Seeing that still gives me a lot of confidence that the Pack can beat the Yikes! in the Metrodump in two.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts