Root for Cards or Yikes!?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Cards to win because:
I hate the Yikes!
To show the Pack it's possible to win in the MetroDump.
They are also a cellar team and I don't think them winning will be a threat to the Pack.

Who are you rooting for?
Any reason to roof for the Yikes! in this one?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Always root against the Vikings.

Sure, Arizona took us out last year, but I can't hate every team that beats us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, this isnt the one you have to wonder about, its the following week when they play the bears. Root for the bears to win bc you hate favre and the vikes or root for the vikes bc the bears have a better record?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
No, this isnt the one you have to wonder about, its the following week when they play the bears. Root for the bears to win bc you hate favre and the vikes or root for the vikes bc the bears have a better record?
That's when you root for a tie.

Or a tragic plane accident. Maybe Minnesota's plane crashes over Chicago and lands on the Bears' locker room or something.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True.

But we can keep on hating the lousy job the refs do when it goes against us.
(For me, that skeleton ain't going away until the Pack wins a playoff.)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a given that it's NEVER okay to root for the queens. Unless it's immediately beneficial to us (if it's the last game and we need them to win from a divisional opponent, so we can get in the playoffs...)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe this is even a question. You NEVER root for a division rival unless you *have* to.

Even next week, I'm cheering for the Bears, because at this point it doesn't help or hurt us either way, so long as we take care of business ourselves. We just need to make sure we're in a position where we don't need help to make it to the playoffs, and the easiest way to do that is to win our division.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe this is even a question.
I was motivated to bring it up because if the Cards and the Pack win, then it would be a great inspiration for the Pack when they make their trip to the MetroDump after they're bye. :happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Cards are like the packers. They were horrible for years so it's hard for me to stay mad at them for beating us last year. The Vikings. Hells no. Let em rot.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the Vikings will win this game. At this point in time, it doesn't really matter as long as we take care of our own business, and beat them the next time we play them. It will put the nail in the coffin.

As far as hating the teams that beat us.........well.........I am still hating the Bronco's from the last Superbowl we played in!!! If we beat the Vikings and Bears coming up soon, I will be fairly happy though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going root for a tie and for the defenses to get double digit sacks.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So the Vikes have a lousy season, and they pick 3-5 in the Draft. Which QB's will be available for them to pick? Let's see, the last time the Vikes went 6-10 they ended up with Peterson. So, they either go the playoffs or suck big time as far as I am concerned.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The Cards don't/didn't revel in beating us. They were just doing what they needed to do to get to the next step. Nothing personal.

The Vikes are division rivals and look forward to one and only one thing when they play us: beating us and rubbing our faces in it. That's how a rivalry works, methinks.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
this topic :sFun_DeadHorse:

The cards actually had a good QB retire, he could of Favred it or something, but he didn't so my respect for the Cards goes up and what they are dealing with.

Bears VS. Vikes, hope for a bloodbath.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So the Vikes have a lousy season, and they pick 3-5 in the Draft. Which QB's will be available for them to pick? Let's see, the last time the Vikes went 6-10 they ended up with Peterson. So, they either go the playoffs or suck big time as far as I am concerned.
Andrew Luck + the Viking offense = Jess scared shitless.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Vikes have a lousy season, and they pick 3-5 in the Draft. Which QB's will be available for them to pick?

QB's will be going Fast. Vikings will get one, Buffalo will get one...........and if Jerry Jones has a half a brain.......he will get one. It's really hard to say who is going to pick who. One of the draft preview magazines I picked up a couple pre-drafts ago had Brian Brohm getting picked 1st and look what happened with him.

Members online

Latest posts