Rookie Murphy receiving accolades

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From PackersNews Premium --- today....

Posted June 07, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel
E-mail Chris Havel at [email protected]

Rookie Murphy receiving accolades

Terrence Murphy has two intriguing qualities that set him apart.

He catches the football, and he catches your eye.

The Green Bay Packers

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good News...but let's hope Terrence Murphy is not the 2nd coming of Robert Ferguson.

Ferguson is an injury prone project.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the kind of article that makes me wish the season started tomorrow--except then summer would be over already. I can wait. It's good to hear that Murphy has the right attitude. It sounds to me like Donald Driver has done a good job helping out all of these younger receivers. I think Driver can appreciate their struggles, because he had to work his way up as a seventh round draft pick from a lesser-known school.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and I like it all the better that Walker gets to hear the same things. Maybe Murphy will give the Packers all the leverage instead of the 99.9% they have already with him. The longer #84 holds out, the more reps these young guys get and the deeper the position gets. I would love to see Murphy succeed not only as a WR, but as a returner as well. It gets pretty darn old to see Chatman back there with 3 yard gains. Far cry from the Desmond Howard era, eh?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Encouraging article. If we hit on Rodgers and Murphy in this draft, the Packer offense is pretty well set for the next decade if they can get a young RB to go with them in the coming years.

It would be a bonus if Murphy can contribute this year already.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels, Ferguson has been driven into the turf by Mike Sherman and his staff on EVERY special teams unit. Sadly, Ferguson is the guy who gets to cover the gaping holes we have on every squad, and as a result, is constantly beat up. Personally, I love the kid and his attitude, and he has exceptional hands and toughness.

It is up to this staff not to turn him into hamburger with the ST overload.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts