Rookie Mike Daniels

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie Mike Daniels, with 7½ pressures (total of sacks, knockdowns and hurries), has the position's highest ratio of pressures per play.

Daniels has one pressure for every 16.6 snaps, followed by Neal (one/17.3), Raji (one/62.4), CJ Wilson (one/66.3), Worthy (one/76.2) and Ryan Pickett (one/110.7).

"The best thing that Mike has done is, with limited opportunities, he has made the most of them," said Trgovac. "Mike Daniels is just a good, steady football player."

Daniels, 6 feet ½ inch and 294 pounds, also has produced against the run.

He ranks third on the unit in tackles per snap with one every 13.5, behind Pickett (one/7.6) and Wilson (one/7.7) but ahead of Neal (one/14.4), Raji (one/17.2) and Worthy (one/21.4).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This guy was on one of the local Packers shows this week - I don't remember which - and he impressed me as a very intelligent guy, well spoken and focused (read: serious attitude). I'm thinking that this guy really has some potential, of course, I say that about any Packers player who can piece a coherent sentence together..I despise stupid athletes. Ok...seriously... this guy is pretty sharp. It seems as though the Packers have a number of guys whose obvious intelligence surprises me - not that it's my job to grade people's IQ's and I really don't want to give the impression that I do that regularly, it's just that some of these guys open their mouths and speak and my eyes become perpetual motion machines.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was on one of the local Packers shows this week - I don't remember which - and he impressed me as a very intelligent guy, well spoken and focused (read: serious attitude). I'm thinking that this guy really has some potential, of course, I say that about any Packers player who can piece a coherent sentence together..I despise stupid athletes. Ok...seriously... this guy is pretty sharp. It seems as though the Packers have a number of guys whose obvious intelligence surprises me - not that it's my job to grade people's IQ's and I really don't want to give the impression that I do that regularly, it's just that some of these guys open their mouths and speak and my eyes become perpetual motion machines.
Which is why Jermichael Finley sticks out like a sore thumb on this team.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is why Jermichael Finley sticks out like a sore thumb on this team.

Man o man that guy can infect so many threads at one time it is incredible.

Mike Daniels on the other hand has been impressive to me s far this year. He has a good first step and plays real low to the ground. His explosion catches some guys off balance and it seems he either gets picked up fairly simply or he blows past the guy trying to block him. Hopefully getting invaluable practice reps and game time snaps with a championship caliber team will allow him to perfect his craft before being thrown into the fire. Picket is on the way out the door and none of the veterans behind him inspire much confidence from me Daniels Worthy and Raji... hmm I think we could make it work.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels was my pick for Packers rookie sleeper in this year's draft. I love it when guys with less than optimal measurables (in Daniels' case, height) exceed expectations. He was a great player in college and that was obvious on film- no reason he should have slipped so far in the draft.

Glad he's a Packer and I'm optimistic he'll continue to improve.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess the stats are the stats but I thought Pickett was getting pressure more often than that. I haven't figured out why Wilson sticks around.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Was a four-time prep letter winner in track and field and three-time letter winner in wrestling. He competed at 189 pounds his sophomore year and 215 as a junior and senior.

Daniels played defensive line and running back throughout his childhood. During his senior year at Highland, he recorded 97 tackles with 12 sacks while rushing for 1,029 yards and 12 touchdowns.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve been encouraged by Daniels’ play and as he gains strength and experience he should get better and better. We’ll know he’s “arrived” if he earns a starting spot on the DL in the nickel (2 DL) next season.
Well I guess the stats are the stats but I thought Pickett was getting pressure more often than that. I haven't figured out why Wilson sticks around.
Because stats are useful but don’t tell the whole story. As an example, consider a play in which one DL gets single blocked and driven 5 yards into the Packers’ D backfield while another gets double-teamed but holds his ground allowing a LB to make the tackle near the LOS. Neither gets statistical credit or “blame” for that play. Also pressures are a particularly subjective stat.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve been encouraged by Daniels’ play and as he gains strength and experience he should get better and better. We’ll know he’s “arrived” if he earns a starting spot on the DL in the nickel (2 DL) next season.

Because stats are useful but don’t tell the whole story. As an example, consider a play in which one DL gets single blocked and driven 5 yards into the Packers’ D backfield while another gets double-teamed but holds his ground allowing a LB to make the tackle near the LOS. Neither gets statistical credit or “blame” for that play. Also pressures are a particularly subjective stat.

Wow that quote by me goes back to Nov. 25th. Wilson plays the run well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts