Ronnie Mexico accepts plea deal

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if he'll every play football again?

RICHMOND, Va., Aug. 16 — Michael Vick’s lawyers have advised him to accept a plea deal from federal prosecutors in his dogfighting case, according to a person with direct knowledge of the case. The deal would most likely come with a recommendation from prosecutors that Vick, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback, be sentenced to one to two years in prison.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Because his lawyers have advised him to take the deal, it might not be heeded by one Micheal Vick.

As you know... Mikey says he never goes there :thumbsup:

Either way Mike is toast.

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll probably come back and play in the NFL, but how much support will he get. I can't really see any fans embracing him after this is all over.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I am sorry, but the political pressure that ever allowing Vick to play again will be too great to allow that to happen. The NFL will find some way never to be subjected to that type of PR storm.

Lifetime ban for Gambling might be the loophole... Yes this is pure speculation on my part.

The court papers, filed as Quanis Phillips, 28, and Purnell Peace, 35, pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges Friday, said all three men "executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions" in April of this year by methods such as hanging and drowning.

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lifetime ban for Gambling might be the loophole... Yes this is pure speculation on my part.

I could see this happening. I also agree that the NFL does not want to subject themselves to this anymore than they have to.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vicks career in the NFL is over easily. Even after he gets out of jail in 1 or more years the NFL wont ever allow him to come back and play again!

DONT DROP THE SOAP!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might play again, who knows. He is highly over rated anyway so it really doesn't matter.

He can always play in Cleveland -- I am sure the Dog Pound will love him. :rotflmao:

Pack93z

Reaction score
POSTED 2:20 p.m. EDT,

VICK ACCEPTS PLEA DEAL

The Virginian-Pilot reports that Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal on federal conspiracy charges.

More to come.

Well the state charges will be comming soon... which could carry another 40 years in prison... this isn't over yet for one mister Vick.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
He might play again, who knows. He is highly over rated anyway so it really doesn't matter.

He can always play in Cleveland -- I am sure the Dog Pound will love him. :rotflmao:
Oh man......this is a GREAT post!!!!LOLOLOL!!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Jerry Jones signing Vick if he can come back, if for some reason Romo doesn't work out in the long run.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well since he signed the statement of facts in his plea and admitted to everything but gambling... will the state now bring a case.

Plus did he drop some names... a rapper named DMX was raided today and was found to have 12 pits in "dire" condition.

If I am a athlete and was involved in dog fighting... I would start ridding myself of all ties to that activity.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick Suspended Indefinetly

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

"Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions.".................................

Pack93z

Reaction score
Vick Suspended Indefinetly

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

"Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions.".................................

I bet he wishes he could have uttered the words... LIFETIME somewhere in this announcement and try to make this entire thing go away ASAP.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that his NFL suspension time should be in line with the legal sentence that he gets.

With one small change.....dog years!

Prison time = 2 years

NFL Suspension = 14 years!

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the problem with a lifetime suspension is that it permits you to apply for reinstatement every year. With an indefinite suspension, you're only allowed back if the commssioner says so (and there's no right to even apply for reinstatement).

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will never play in the NFL again, and the NFL will be better off. This guy is garbage. What I can't believe, is all the athletes that have defended Vick, and the cavalier attitude they have towards dog fighting. (Deion Sanders, Clinton Portis, Roy Jones Jr.)

A quote from Roy Jones Jr:

"They are making this so bad, but really two dogs fighting can happen in anyone's backyard or on the street. It happened in my backyard, two of my dogs fought and one died."

Uh, Roy, there's a small difference here, the dogs in your back yard were not forced to fight. :roll: :evil:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will never play in the NFL again, and the NFL will be better off. This guy is garbage. What I can't believe, is all the athletes that have defended Vick, and the cavalier attitude they have towards dog fighting. (Deion Sanders, Clinton Portis, Roy Jones Jr.)

A quote from Roy Jones Jr:

"They are making this so bad, but really two dogs fighting can happen in anyone's backyard or on the street. It happened in my backyard, two of my dogs fought and one died."

Uh, Roy, there's a small difference here, the dogs in your back yard were not forced to fight. :roll: :evil:
Just another lame attempt to say "Whats the big deal?" I think ol' Roy might be hiding something too!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts