Ron Wolf a Non-Packer??

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big surprise. People retire all the time and then come back. Look at Vermeil.

I'd hate to see him somewhere else, but I said the same thing about Holmgren in '98. Unfortunately it's reality.

It's kind of like this: do you always play as the Packers on Madden? Probably not. It's fun to try out other teams and do things from a different perspective.

Too bad we can't have a tag team of Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson. Or just fire Thompson and get Wolf back. ;)

Reaction score
Here is a scary thought: New Vikes owner actually uses his brain and somehow lands Wolf... :shock:

Dear God thats a terrible IDEA! Let us all hope Wolf stays retird and away form the vikes, or comes back to the Pack to form a super tag-team GM combo with TT. :pray:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The local sports talk show is talking about Minnesota as being one of the leading suitors for Ron Wolf. God, if he goes to Minnesota, I think the beginning of the end is in sight...ok, just kidding. I would hate it though!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Ryan said:
WHO doesn't always play as the Packers on Madden????

Ok, apparently just me.

:p Ok well when I am playing other people we switch it up. But the 'ol franchise is always the Green and Gold :)

Yea always GB for me. Although when I pickedup 06 Ty Law was available, no way in H E double hockey sticks was I gonna let Carroll be on the field. My record is 2 - 1 - 1 yea thats right a FRIGGIN TIE. The games I played have been awesome endings minus the Panther blow out I gave them heh. The tie was jus crazy.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Ryan said:

Ok, apparently just me.

:p Ok well when I am playing other people we switch it up. But the 'ol franchise is always the Green and Gold :)

I did that for a while and then my franchise file got corrupted after 5 seasons worth of play - totally pissed me off. So, I didn't want to start a new Packers one all over again so I have been playing as the Steelers. I tried it with Miami but it got boring. Pittsburgh is cool though.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
The local sports talk show is talking about Minnesota as being one of the leading suitors for Ron Wolf. God, if he goes to Minnesota, I think the beginning of the end is in sight...ok, just kidding. I would hate it though!

then its the end of the world for sure.

Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Ryan said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Ryan said:

Ok, apparently just me.

I did that for a while and then my franchise file got corrupted after 5 seasons worth of play - totally pissed me off. So, I didn't want to start a new Packers one all over again so I have been playing as the Steelers. I tried it with Miami but it got boring. Pittsburgh is cool though.

ALL :eek:fftopic: !!!... (Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist! :D )

But yeah I always play the franchise mode as the Pack. But in real games I always switch teams up, unless its against one of my friends whose a fan of another team in the NFC North, then its all packers. If I win, thenDAMN RIGHT PACKERS ARE THE BEST, IF I LOOSE, WELL THE OTHER NFC NORTH TEAMS ARE STILL $HIT IN REAL LIFE :) . It's a win-win situation. 8)

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lately I've been playing as the Texans in Madden 05 franchise mode. I just got bored of blowing everyone out with my dominate Packers squad. :lol:

It's kind of fun to take a crappy team and build a dynasty with it. I guess next year I'll play the rebuilding game with the Pack. :roll:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
Lately I've been playing as the Texans in Madden 05 franchise mode. I just got bored of blowing everyone out with my dominate Packers squad. :lol:

It's kind of fun to take a crappy team and build a dynasty with it. I guess next year I'll play the rebuilding game with the Pack. :roll:

Is there a PC version of that game? What do you play that on?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
ahaug82 said:

Is there a PC version of that game? What do you play that on?

Yeah, there's a PC version. I only have the Gamecube version though. :doh:

Hopefully I can get an Xbox 360 soon, they look awesome.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lemme help ya out here, Zero -- no one seems to be paying attention to yer post ------

===============================
LOOK OUT FOR WOLF

One of the NFL's finest general managers could be getting ready to take the plunge again.

Word is that former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league, is getting ready to return to the game.

Very quietly, Wolf has been looking into potential fits for him, and there's no doubt there will be any number of suitors for the man who helped return the luster to Titletown, U.S.A., helping the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XXXI.

Wolf has been living in Annapolis, Md., since he retired in 2001, but more and more, it's looking like his next home will be back in the NFL.

With some lucky team.
================================

Baltimore ....anyone.... anyone....?

OP
OP
B

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanx Tony for trying to bring it back to the topic. I was wondering what all that madden- stuff would have to do with R. Wolf? :rubeyes: :wink:

I don't know much about Wolf, except that he was a good "master and commander" and that it would not be that good if he f.e. would go to lilac city.
Btw, how old is he? Would he really work with another organisation, even against "his" Packers???

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Lemme help ya out here, Zero -- no one seems to be paying attention to yer post ------

===============================

Says the guy who comments after himself more than others :)

BURN

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds lke you're back on that personal vendetta kick again - havin' a bad day, are we?

Take it to the smack column - others were kind enough to thank me for keeping this thread on tract.... not too much to ask, either....

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I don't play the Packers I either play Baltimore or Miami because they both suck! I tried the Bears once, but I didn't like them :p

Members online

Latest posts