Romo better than Rodgers?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saw this today and thought someone would like to take on a hater

Debate finally over: Romo is better than Rodgers - CBSSports.com Message Boards

"Okay, this debate has been going on for a while but clearly Romo is better than Rodgers. Here are some facts,

Romo is like 41-17 as a starter, Rodgers is 17-16 as a starter, true Romo has played like two years more than Romo but Romo's first two years winning v. loss percentage was like 20-5. Both Romo and Rodgers career qb rating is similar, both are very high but Romo has sustained it a lot longer than Rodgers has. Rodgers has passed on average more yards per year than Romo but Romo has a good running game to back him up, thus Rodgers throws the ball a lot more than Romo does. Romo has taken his team basically every year to the playoffs (except the year he partially didn't play due to injuries) and has now won a playoff game. The only thing Rodgers has done is take a team to the playoffs. It may be later on one could say Rodgers is equal or better to Romo but now Romo is clearly better than Rodgers."

You know its bad when the bears fan come to defend a packer.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao. Maybe 2 years ago but I wouldn't say so now. Rodgers just keeps improving every year and I don't see that in Romo. There's a reason why Rodgers is one of the top fantasy QB picks :haha:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Dallas.
Last year, in my KEEPER League early in the season, after Rodgers was getting sacked 8 times a game, I was offered RODGERS for ROMO, and I couldn't make up my mind initially.... but all the people down here told me I should do it. I did.

I ended up winning the league, and $$$, while the guy who got Romo took 4th, just out of the money. And I get to start my team again with Arod, while he's not happy to have to keep Romo.

Even last year, Rodgers has more fantasy points than Drew Brees did.

And comparing W-L records is GAY. Why? Well, Dallas has a team full of studs, with Demarcus Ware and Jason Witten and a huge OL, they regularly get 6, 7 guys into the Pro Bowl.

Brakos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Matt Ryan's hot on their heels too. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the top 5 at year's end.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is garbage. he did all his 'amazing' stuff while belichick was stealing defensive signals. and randy moss made DAUNTE CULPEPPER look great. not to mention welker.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady is garbage. he did all his 'amazing' stuff while belichick was stealing defensive signals. and randy moss made DAUNTE CULPEPPER look great. not to mention welker.

Garbage? Thats just being a straight hater. Amazing stuff? Did you see what he did to the titans last year? that was the definition of amazing.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has got to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read... the $hit storm toward the OP just kept going and going...

Although I got to give Romo some cred...he might not be a better qb than Rodgers, but he is from Wisconsin! Represent the 715...sorry I'm a little drunk! LOL

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hold up.. I can't let this one go...

Brady debatably played the best season any quarterback ever played in 2007...it was insane. So far Rodgers has been very good, but not nearly as good yet as Brady was in his prime.

Reaction score
I dont even consider Rodgers 2009 season for wins and losses. If you watched every game that year you saw rodgers play great with a defense that was allowing 30 points a game and could not stop anyone

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont even consider Rodgers 2009 season for wins and losses. If you watched every game that year you saw rodgers play great with a defense that was allowing 30 points a game and could not stop anyone

Rodgers held the ball for way to long many times during the season, so I dont I could classify it as he played every game "great".

couldnt stop anyone? I think the packers finished with the #2 defense last season....

I am by no means attacking rodgers, I just think your way way off with that statement

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Lmao. Maybe 2 years ago but I wouldn't say so now. Rodgers just keeps improving every year and I don't see that in Romo. There's a reason why Rodgers is one of the top fantasy QB picks :haha:

Top Fantasy QB isn't the same as "Top NFL QB" perce ... - Rodgers has a high fantasy value and is considered a high pick because Rodgers also "racks" up numbers in the ground game and rushing TD's more than any other QB currently in the (fantasy) league ... - Take away all Rodgers rushing TD's (that does nothing for QB ratings (in NFL currently) and you will see that he isn't racking up much more numbers in fantasy than say Brees and Manning ...

While I would also disagree that Romo (currently) is "better" than Rodgers at this point, there are some similarities between them ...

Also it would seem (based on several articles also on JS ONline among others) that Rodgers seems "ready" and most of all willing to start to (try to) take more "risks" in his game ... - This is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more INT's this season than the last ... - This is not to say that Rodgers will tank, but perhaps we'll all see a new side to Rodgers this season ... One that perhaps will show that he has passed the "threshold" ...

I live in Dallas.
Last year, in my KEEPER League early in the season, after Rodgers was getting sacked 8 times a game, I was offered RODGERS for ROMO, and I couldn't make up my mind initially.... but all the people down here told me I should do it. I did.

I ended up winning the league, and $$$, while the guy who got Romo took 4th, just out of the money. And I get to start my team again with Arod, while he's not happy to have to keep Romo.

Even last year, Rodgers has more fantasy points than Drew Brees did.

And comparing W-L records is GAY. Why? Well, Dallas has a team full of studs, with Demarcus Ware and Jason Witten and a huge OL, they regularly get 6, 7 guys into the Pro Bowl.

Again ... in Fantasy I would pick Rodgers in a heartbeat over all other QB's ... - Well maybe not over P. Manning heh ...

Rodgers is arguably a top 3 QB behind Manning and Brees.

That's stretching it a little too far still I think ...

Eh.. I would say 4th at the highest.. Brady deserves some respect.. Even Rodgers says he's the best.

Brady is a great QB, however somewhat overrated in my opponion ... - I am one of those who believe that Belicheck "made" Brady more than Brady "making" Belicheck ... - Case in point ... even while Brady was injured NE Patriots "utilized" Matt Cassell pretty good ... And Cassell went to Kansas ... and look at Cassell now ... ?

My list of "Top QBs" in the league currently:

1) P. Manning / B. Favre
3) T. Brady
4) D. Brees
5) A. Rodgers / T. Romo
7) M. Ryan
8 ) (I think Warner might be pursuaded to come out of retirement ...)
9) D. McNabb
10) M. Sanchez

And Matt Ryan's hot on their heels too. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the top 5 at year's end.

Have to agree here ... Matt Ryan looks like he is one of NFL's rising stars ... I think Atlanta will be a tough opponent for anyone this season ...

Rodgers held the ball for way to long many times during the season, so I dont I could classify it as he played every game "great".

couldnt stop anyone? I think the packers finished with the #2 defense last season....

I am by no means attacking rodgers, I just think your way way off with that statement

I have to agree, Rodgers did hold on to the pigskin a little too much even while having numerous check-down options to "dump" the ball to, looking for the long play ...

This might be what the sports writer on JS ONline was referring to ... - And what I meant above that we would perhaps see from Rodgers in this season ... That he might not hold on to the ball so much this year when not necessary ... - All though we'll all know more once the first half of the season is over ...

However all in all ... - Even though I like Romo and Dallas aswell (being a "Football Fan" hah) and though I like Packers a little more, I would still have to say ... Fantasy of no Fantasy ... Romo and Rodgers are close, however at this point the "edge" is on Romo's side ... All though only marginally ... - After this season Rodgers might very well end up being the better QB of the two ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top Fantasy QB isn't the same as "Top NFL QB" perce ... - Rodgers has a high fantasy value and is considered a high pick because Rodgers also "racks" up numbers in the ground game and rushing TD's more than any other QB currently in the (fantasy) league ... - Take away all Rodgers rushing TD's (that does nothing for QB ratings (in NFL currently) and you will see that he isn't racking up much more numbers in fantasy than say Brees and Manning ...

While I would also disagree that Romo (currently) is "better" than Rodgers at this point, there are some similarities between them ...

Also it would seem (based on several articles also on JS ONline among others) that Rodgers seems "ready" and most of all willing to start to (try to) take more "risks" in his game ... - This is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more INT's this season than the last ... - This is not to say that Rodgers will tank, but perhaps we'll all see a new side to Rodgers this season ... One that perhaps will show that he has passed the "threshold" ...

Again ... in Fantasy I would pick Rodgers in a heartbeat over all other QB's ... - Well maybe not over P. Manning heh ...

That's stretching it a little too far still I think ...

Brady is a great QB, however somewhat overrated in my opponion ... - I am one of those who believe that Belicheck "made" Brady more than Brady "making" Belicheck ... - Case in point ... even while Brady was injured NE Patriots "utilized" Matt Cassell pretty good ... And Cassell went to Kansas ... and look at Cassell now ... ?

My list of "Top QBs" in the league currently:

1) P. Manning / B. Favre
3) T. Brady
4) D. Brees
5) A. Rodgers / T. Romo
7) M. Ryan
8 ) (I think Warner might be pursuaded to come out of retirement ...)
9) D. McNabb
10) M. Sanchez

Have to agree here ... Matt Ryan looks like he is one of NFL's rising stars ... I think Atlanta will be a tough opponent for anyone this season ...

I have to agree, Rodgers did hold on to the pigskin a little too much even while having numerous check-down options to "dump" the ball to, looking for the long play ...

This might be what the sports writer on JS ONline was referring to ... - And what I meant above that we would perhaps see from Rodgers in this season ... That he might not hold on to the ball so much this year when not necessary ... - All though we'll all know more once the first half of the season is over ...

However all in all ... - Even though I like Romo and Dallas aswell (being a "Football Fan" hah) and though I like Packers a little more, I would still have to say ... Fantasy of no Fantasy ... Romo and Rodgers are close, however at this point the "edge" is on Romo's side ... All though only marginally ... - After this season Rodgers might very well end up being the better QB of the two ...
Quentius.

Analyse Rodgers in the first half of the 09 season, and in the second half. The "change" you're saying he'll make, well, he already made it.

One case was that Rodgers never had a +3 TD game. But he also never had a +2 INT game.
He still have not had a +2 Int game, but he did have multiple 3 TDs games (discounting rushing TDs) after the second half, and he only threw 3 picks (2 against BAL, 1 against AZ) to 18 TDs after the TB game.

That JS article is BS. There's no such thing as taking more risks or taking less risks. You either make the right decision, or you make the wrong one. There are degrees, sure, but taking a sack or incompleting a pass is the wrong decision most times. So is throwing an INT. Completing a pass that won't grant you a first down is the wrong decision. And that's the point I want to make. Rodgers was the #1 QB in the league in 3rd down conversion AND QB rating. If he was being conservative, he wouldn't have been able to play so well on 3rd downs...

He just took more control of the offense, and it helped that his OTs weren't Barbre and Colledge. MM said himself that, after that meeting, he let Rodgers more loose, being able to call more audibles at the LoS, something MM hates doing. And it transfered to both Rodgers' play, but also to Grant's play.

It was a combination of the adjusted playcall and the comeback of Clifton, Tauscher and Wells. The running game improved, the passing game improved, and we played against thougher competition than in the first half of the season.

Oh, and I literally crapped my pants with Mark Sanchez at 10...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without writing a whole story or arguing with anyone, the question of Rodgers or Romo will be answered this season. Stats do tell alot but coaching, team philosophy, and surrounding talent are all factors in a QB's stats.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is the media fascinated with Romo? Is it because he is from Eastern Illinois and undrafted or because his team around him was so good that they had to have a decent record?

If they had a decent QB, they probably would have won a super bowl since his tenure. Just saying.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is the media fascinated with Romo? Is it because he is from Eastern Illinois and undrafted or because his team around him was so good that they had to have a decent record?

If they had a decent QB, they probably would have won a super bowl since his tenure. Just saying.
Romo is very good IMHO. The whole Cowboys team is way overrated (outside of Witten and Ware).

He's not as good as Rodgers, but he's very good. I think of Romo as I did of Rodgers in 08.

Members online

Latest posts