Roman Harper

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take him on a one year vet minimum deal with a little roster bonus. Morgan Burnett, who I still have a little confidence in, is not ready to be the vet of the secondary. Roman Harper could teach our guys to be physical whether he's over the hill or not, but you can't pay him hardly anything; obviously past his prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course I don't necessarily agree with paying for presence and not for play, but if we could draft Ha Ha or Pryor and give him half or all of his rookie season to sit behind Harper and learn from the guy, I would have no problem with that. If Harper causes issues because of age, the rook gets in the starting lineup early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

Of course I don't necessarily agree with paying for presence and not for play, but if we could draft Ha Ha or Pryor and give him half or all of his rookie season to sit behind Harper and learn from the guy, I would have no problem with that. If Harper causes issues because of age, the rook gets in the starting lineup early.

The Packers don´t need another SS, Burnett will play there next season.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers don´t need another SS, Burnett will play there next season.
I too like Burnett a lot better at SS than FS. Any thoughts on Brooks from FL St. in the mid-rounds? I was watching some clips of the guy the other day...he flies around and doesn't seem to mind sticking his nose in it.

I do find myself coming back to Hyde, though. FS these days coming out of college run in the low to mid-4.5s. Here's the current crop:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=FS&draftyear=2014&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Hyde's 4.52 at the Combine is in line with these guys. Smart player. Tackles well.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate when ppl harp on Hydes "40" time. Hyde has football speed and plays faster then his 40. There are alot of good db's who don't run like Deion Sandcastle.

D

Deleted member 6794

I too like Burnett a lot better at SS than FS.

If he continues to play he did last season I´d rather have him on the bench, but with the contract he signed last year that won´t happen.

Any thoughts on Brooks from FL St. in the mid-rounds? I was watching some clips of the guy the other day...he flies around and doesn't seem to mind sticking his nose in it.

Brooks is a decent option, but I think the Packers should either draft a FS in the first round or get a starter via free agency and use their third and fourth round picks on other positions. The guy I´m intrigued by as a late-round pick is Marqueston Huff. That guy´s lightning fast and can hit as well, not sure he´ll play projects as a FS in the NFL though.

Members online

Latest posts