Roethlisberger suspended

soul vice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger is expected to get a 4-6 game suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. Do you think this is sufficiant? Should he get more/less?

Discuss.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 6 games is closer to fair. As much as I'd love to bust his balls, the truth is he's only guilty of making the NFL look bad. He hasn't been legally charged with anything from a criminal stand point.

That there are multiple accusations definitely has my attention. While no one can say with any certainty what happened to the second girl, my hope is he cleans his act up.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Far more interesting than the suspension is this:
Jason LaCanfora's Twitter said:
Steelers have been in contact w/ Raiders regarding Big Ben trade. Might be only real option. More on NFLN and NFL.com

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw that. I know Oakland has a history of taking turds, and he would be an instant upgrade to them for years. Plus, the Raiders tend not to care if their organization looks bad, so that might be their only fit.

So far the Rams and Bills have said no.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If they can put up with the suspension for this year and realize that they'll have a franchise QB for 7 or 8 years after that, Oakland would be stupid for not seriously considering this. He's far less of a crap shoot than Jimmy Clausen.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its funny that the Rams and Bills said no. Roethlisberger is pretty good and established, but whatever.

Anyways I like the suspension, I think it about time pro atheletes are held to a higher standard by the league due to their role-model status. Maybe baseball and basketball will follow. Although its a bit of too little too late considering Stalworth was drunk and killed a guy, but at least they are trying lol.

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THe suspension is fair in my eyes, as long as it's a year with no good behavior out if there happens to be a "next time"
You folks do realize its Draft Day right....the Rams and Bills are smoke screening, the Rams especially have to be seriously considering it if they aren't, they are dumber than I thought. Bradford (if he is their choice) is unproven and is going to cost them more upfront money. They have the first pick in Rounds 2 and 3, where there is still going to be first round talent this year.
The Seahawks is another team that comes to my mind since they have two first rounders, and they have Hasselback to get them through the suspension. Yeah, Matt is a good QB and they just got Whitehurst (sp?), but in the grand scheme which of those three gives you the best chance to win?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fair? not really. T Suggs poured chemicals on his gf or fiance and got nothing. But the bigger the paycheck the bigger the spotlight. Im okay with the 4 game suspension (thats what it really is), more so this will forever be with him which I think will hurt him more in the long run. I wonder if this has hurt his chances of being a HOF QB...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its funny that the Rams and Bills said no. Roethlisberger is pretty good and established, but whatever.

Anyways I like the suspension, I think it about time pro atheletes are held to a higher standard by the league due to their role-model status. Maybe baseball and basketball will follow. Although its a bit of too little too late considering Stalworth was drunk and killed a guy, but at least they are trying lol.

I know this is off topic, but the Stallworth case isn't quite so black and white. While I don't excuse Stallworth driving drunk (I genuinely believe he thought he was sober, as I've been there myself, to be honest. Not excusing it, just being up front,) the circumstances surrounding his accident lead me to believe the same thing would have happened even if he was sober. The guy he hit ran out in front of oncoming traffic, and Stallworth literally had nowhere to go. It's not like he ran off the road and plowed into the guy. He wasn't swerving or driving erratic. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my own experience, I've had instances where some ******* will just dart out in front of me and I had to take evasive action to avoid hitting them. One was a pretty narrow miss as my options were to drive into oncoming traffic or hit the guy.

Back on topic, I read somewhere that NFL arrests have decreased by almost half under Gooddell. To me that's a pretty good sign, and I hope the league continues to hold the players to a higher moral standard. 6 games for Ben seems fair to me. Hopefully he'll seek help.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but the Stallworth case isn't quite so black and white. While I don't excuse Stallworth driving drunk (I genuinely believe he thought he was sober, as I've been there myself, to be honest. Not excusing it, just being up front,) the circumstances surrounding his accident lead me to believe the same thing would have happened even if he was sober. The guy he hit ran out in front of oncoming traffic, and Stallworth literally had nowhere to go. It's not like he ran off the road and plowed into the guy. He wasn't swerving or driving erratic. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In my own experience, I've had instances where some ******* will just dart out in front of me and I had to take evasive action to avoid hitting them. One was a pretty narrow miss as my options were to drive into oncoming traffic or hit the guy.

Back on topic, I read somewhere that NFL arrests have decreased by almost half under Gooddell. To me that's a pretty good sign, and I hope the league continues to hold the players to a higher moral standard. 6 games for Ben seems fair to me. Hopefully he'll seek help.

I agree, I think Stallworth got dealt a bad hand in the game of fate that morning.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But we can never know... Facts are that alcohol impairs rapid reactions, and that he was drunk...

I agree, I don't think it would've changed anything was he sober, but we don't know.

Members online

Latest posts