Rodney Harrison suspended for using HGH

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised it's only 4 games. I have heard some argue that he was only using HGH to help recover from an injury faster, and not using it to enhance his performance. (according to Harrison) To me, it doesn't matter. Because, what about the guys that are working hard to recover from their injury, and they do it the right way, with no HGH? I don't think we should attempt to distinguish between degrees of cheating. To me, if you use a banned substance, its cheating.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The NFL on Friday suspended New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league policy on performance enhancing substances.

Harrison spoke with reporters on a hastily announced conference call Friday evening, an hour before the league officially suspended him without pay.

"Tomorrow, the commissioner will announce that I've been suspended," a somber Harrison said.

Although the hard-hitting safety said he has never used steroids, "I did admit to the commissioner that I did, in fact, use a banned substance."

"My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge," he added. "Rather, my use was to accelerate the process of recovering from injuries."

Harrison's suspension begins immediately. He is eligible to return to the Patriots' active roster on Oct. 2, following the team's Monday night game against Cincinnati.

Harrison did not disclose what banned substance he used, but ESPN.com reported that Harrison admitted to federal investigators that he obtained human growth hormone. Harrison did not take questions about the details of the suspension.

Harrison said he met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday. The league does not comment on suspensions for violation of its substance abuse policy.

Although the Patriots set up the conference call with Harrison, a spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the team.

Harrison's name came up in federal and New York state investigations into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers, ESPN reported.

However, Harrison said he "wanted to make it clear that I have never used steroids."

The Patriots will be without their Pro Bowl safety for one of their toughest and most crucial stretches of the season. New England opens up at the New York Jets, followed by home games vs. San Diego and Buffalo and at Cincinatti.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
"I was ONLY snorting coke to help me down from the heroin!!!"
LOLOLOL!!! :shock: :eek:
Lol exactly! :roll: :lol:
"So then i smoked a joint, and my throat was REAL dry, so i HAD to drink that 5th of vodka!" :shock: :shock: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts