Rodgers?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Arron has not had a chance to prove himself as a STARTER. By STARTER I mean the chance to start 4 or 5 games in a row and learn, adapt, overcome, and achieve.

When he did have a chance, he played on a broken foot and did not come out of the game. I remember that game. He showed the guts of a gazelle getting eating alive by hihenas on the Serengeti.

For any of us here on a forum including R.P. (As idiots who know very little about player evaluation compared to the coaches.) to suggest the Packers draft a QB in the first round next year is just jabber talk.

I just can not, in my heart, in my mind, and in my sanity suggest that the Packers give up on this kid and draft a QB in the first round next year until Aaron gets his chance to prove what he can do in a game situation in 4 or 5 successive opportunities to start.

The fact is so many people have sold him out based on his limited opportunities is so fan like. It is The Brett syndrome and it is sick.

Aaron has played small parts in 5 games and thrown the ball 31 times. Yep! Let's move on.

As you were gentleman...

Continue on about whatever....

Excellent RP!

But in case you havent noticed, there are some that say he is going to be no good...and some reasons I have heard on here and other forums

He didnt do good vs NE last year

is injury prone now ( no matter he played almost a half on a broken foot)

played for Tedford

wasnt really a #1 pick

and what i think is the biggest reason why he doesnt get a chance..

PEOPLE EXPECT/EXPECTED HIM TO BE FAR BETTER THAN BRETT THE 1ST TIME ON THE FIELD, AND WITH NO SUCCESS, HE AUTOMATICLY IS NO GOOD

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he can be decent. Of course none of us will know until he is the starter. He's gonna have big shoes to fill.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers seems smart and what I've heard the coaches say he's very coachable. He's also shown dedication. He's got his arm strength better and lowered his overall body fat percentage.

DISCLAIMER: The below is my opinion, somethings may appear as stated as fact, however they are not. They are solely the opinion of the user, ME.
I have confidence that Aaron Rodgers will be a decent QB. By that I mean someone who won't LOSE the games for you but will keep you in the game. I relate him to Trent Dilfer of the Ravens back in their Super Bowl run.

The west coast offense doesn't need a HoF QB to make it work. It requires a game manager. I don't think he's going to lead many come from behind spectacular victories, but I don't think he's going to be the main reason we are behind. I'd be more willing to bet we are behind in games because lack of running game or a poor defense rather than the play of Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Make sense?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers seems smart and what I've heard the coaches say he's very coachable. He's also shown dedication. He's got his arm strength better and lowered his overall body fat percentage.

DISCLAIMER: The below is my opinion, somethings may appear as stated as fact, however they are not. They are solely the opinion of the user, ME.
I have confidence that Aaron Rodgers will be a decent QB. By that I mean someone who won't LOSE the games for you but will keep you in the game. I relate him to Trent Dilfer of the Ravens back in their Super Bowl run.

The west coast offense doesn't need a HoF QB to make it work. It requires a game manager. I don't think he's going to lead many come from behind spectacular victories, but I don't think he's going to be the main reason we are behind. I'd be more willing to bet we are behind in games because lack of running game or a poor defense rather than the play of Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Make sense?

I agree on all counts, but packer fans have not seen what an explosive
offensive weapon he really is. He's plays w/aggression when it's HIS team
and he'll put up points. Aaron's not a QB that wants to settle for a field goal. He's gonna thread the needle too and go for the TD.

HE is all that you say...a game manager, etc. But he is no where near
Trent Dilfer, and will be far more productive and will be quite pleasing
to the packer fans..once he gets the reigns

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent RP!

But in case you havent noticed, there are some that say he is going to be no good...and some reasons I have heard on here and other forums

played for Tedford

wasnt really a #1 pick

and what i think is the biggest reason why he doesnt get a chance..

PEOPLE EXPECT/EXPECTED HIM TO BE FAR BETTER THAN BRETT THE 1ST TIME ON THE FIELD, AND WITH NO SUCCESS, HE AUTOMATICLY IS NO GOOD

Excellent posts..both of you guys.

I just wanted to have answers for all those points:

(Team collapsed b4 he was even in the game(check o-line..NE does that to other teams btw), and he was actually trying to rally the team and played w/a broken foot)

(One injury and then he's injury prone?)

played for Tedford
(Overhyped, oversimplified excuse by the media to demean Tedford and his players. What about Steve Spurrier's NFL QBs? FAR WORSE than Tedford and no college coach has BROUGHT IN no.1 QB picks as Tedford has).

wasnt really a #1 pick
(#1 guarantees nothing in NFL success. Once and for all..for ALL THOSE who knock Aaron for falling in the 1st round. BRETT FAVRE FELL OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND! Did that indicate Brett's success or failure? It's a useless argument and doesn't indicate anything)

PEOPLE EXPECT/EXPECTED HIM TO BE FAR BETTER THAN BRETT THE 1ST TIME ON THE FIELD, AND WITH NO SUCCESS, HE AUTOMATICLY IS NO GOOD == THis is the true reason and a very good and valid one. IF we can stick to this one, then we all have a good basis to go forward about Aaron.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok this is the last one I will bring up but just wanted to remind people how Rodgers was viewed. Hindsight is great. But really, who said Starr was average? Thats a terrible statement no matter when you said it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
ivo thank you for the bringing up the harsh statements of Rodgers, he really came a long ways and proved a lot of people wrong with just his actions.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
good post zombie!
Getting older sucks, but it beats taking a "dirt nap!"lol! :rotflmao:
And you are right, we are lucky we got to see favre play! Who knows if we will ever see a qb of his talent again in our lifetimes.

hahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhahaha

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
hindsight it 20/20. Don't be too ******* the peeps from 07. Although the Starr comment was ridiculous at any time.

Members online

Latest posts