Rodgers vs Vick, a Tale of the Tape

chaburns43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as we shut contain vick and Tramon Shields and Woodson can hold coverage like they have all year (for the most part) im not too worried. Philly's secondary is pretty mediocre. Quick question: can we please have someone less important return punts next year?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as we shut contain vick and Tramon Shields and Woodson can hold coverage like they have all year (for the most part) im not too worried. Philly's secondary is pretty mediocre. Quick question: can we please have someone less important return punts next year?

every year except when Nelson did it we have had someone important on returns. Scares the hell out of me too.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're absolutely right. But it's just straight up disrespectful to say you aren't scared of Vick. Not to mention a lie. It's like saying, Clay Matthews meh he's alright.

Just like what was said earlier in this thread, if your looking for a Mike Vick circle jerk to happen you should go to a eagles forum.

Am I scared? No, I am not playing and nothing i do will change the game. (sure i will be pissed off if the Packers lose and you can compare the same circumstances :) )

Is the Packers Defense scared. Not a chance, they certainly respect him. (Which can be compared to fear, but not in football)

Is Andy Reid scared? This is more likely. Defenses have been able to create confusion for Vick lately and he tries to make an athletic move instead of being a Pro QB and use his head. Andy Reid must believe that Vick isn't terribly bright for a NFL QB to have Vick sitting and watching tape last week of 3-4 defenses.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well it should be a good game. No matter what way you put it. Let's hope it is, say it will be!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
you're absolutely right. But it's just straight up disrespectful to say you aren't scared of Vick. Not to mention a lie. It's like saying, Clay Matthews meh he's alright.
Disrespectful? I'll tell Mike Vick to his face I'm not scared. What are you talking about?
Do you respect football players because of their career? Do you worship them? Do you think they are better than you?
Robin Yount said it best, he's not a hero, the guy who provides for a family of 4 on 20K a year is a hero.
They happen to have a job where there is alot of media and high pay, they're not the greatest people in the world. Mike Vick isn't better than any senator or business leader or volunteer at a children's cancer ward. He just works in a job where the limelight is on him.
The dude is a convict right? He did his time ok, but he's no saviour to the world.
It's sports dude, not real life.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What I said was my personal view which I am entitled to....for you to say my view is a lie, you are not entitled to. Just marry the guy and get it over with.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The highlight video will be like a trailer from a movie: "Silence of the Eagles"
Dr. Lecter: What became of your eagle, Clarice?
Clarice
: They killed him.
Dr. Lecter
: You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the eagles.
Clarice
: Yes.
Dr. Lecter
: And you think if you save poor Mike Vick, you could make them stop, don't you? You think if Mike Vick lives, you won't wake up in the dark ever again to that awful screaming of the eagles.
Clarice
: I don't know. I don't know.
Dr. Lecter
: Thank you, Clarice. Thank you.
Clarice
: Tell me his name, Doctor.
Dr. Lecter: Clay **** Matthews Clarice! and he's hunting eagle's heads.
Clarice: Oh nooooooooooooooooooo!

mxross

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much ad hominem, but let's stick to the facts. The Packers have never beaten the Eagles in a playoff game, ever. Andy Reid has gone 7-1 during his first 11 seasons, in playoff openers. Vick was the first to beat Packers at home in a playoff game in 03. In the first game Vick threw for more yards in two quarters than Rodgers did in four, I won't even mention yards ran. The Eagles coasted into the playoffs with a division championship. The Packers made it in by the skin of their teeth against a team that had nothing to gain. Also consider this. The Eagles scored 35 points in 16 minutes against the Redskins and 28 points against the Giants in 8 minutes. The Eagles can stab you at any point in a game. So are Eagles fans worried? no, why should we be? It should be a good game though, the Packers are formidable. Thanks for clunking Kolb on the head in that first game, you gave us a gift, the gift that just kept giving.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Much ad hominem, but let's stick to the facts. The Packers have never beaten the Eagles in a playoff game, ever. Andy Reid has gone 7-1 during his first 11 seasons, in playoff openers. Vick was the first to beat Packers at home in a playoff game in 03. In the first game Vick threw for more yards in two quarters than Rodgers did in four, I won't even mention yards ran. The Eagles coasted into the playoffs with a division championship. The Packers made it in by the skin of their teeth against a team that had nothing to gain. Also consider this. The Eagles scored 35 points in 16 minutes against the Redskins and 28 points against the Giants in 8 minutes. The Eagles can stab you at any point in a game. So are Eagles fans worried? no, why should we be? It should be a good game though, the Packers are formidable. Thanks for clunking Kolb on the head in that first game, you gave us a gift, the gift that just kept giving.
None of that means anything. Just trends. The only fact that really fits any football game is "any given Sunday." Heck, the Seahawks are in the playoffs.

BTW, it's absolutely absurd to not be worried about this game. Every other Eagles fan that has come here is. We weren't worried about the Redskins, the Lions, or the Dolphins. I bet you weren't worried about the Vikings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers and stats don't mean jack.
What matters is what goes on the field and how well each team plays.
Don't forget what happened in Detroit.
We all thought it would be an easy win (And it could have been if A-Rod had stayed in the game.)
Anything can happen, any given Sunday.

And that goes for you to, Philly fans.
Pack could very well beat Michael *****.

mxross

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, on any sunday any team can beat any team, but if that's what you're counting on to win on sunday. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I smell fear in air over there.

Guess what? I smell a troll and you all have started showing up since GB nailed down the play-off spot. Enjoy your Sunday, I know I will. If you want to argue, go to the smack forum, not here.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The Packers also never won on the road against the Jets, UNTIL THIS YEAR. Reid HAS lost a playoff opener right? Why not two? Yes, Vick has the first playoff victory in Lambeau. But he was a Falcon. See? your FACTS are unraveling. Records and facts don't mean squat, you have to play the game.
Packers give up yards, no question, but we don't let other teams score, that's why we still beat you in week 1. You accumulated a total of +3 points in scoring after Vick entered the game.
The Eagles didn't coast in, they had something to play for and got handed their azzes by Minnesota, who we beat twice handily. The Bears had everything in the world to gain, they didn't want to play us in the playoffs. Darned right they had something to play for. They played their best football every second of that game and only came away with 3 points. And you lost to them. If they had nothing to play for, why play every single starter the entire game? You guys didn't?
If the Eagles are so darned dangerous, why didn't they score a stunning upset in week 1? If it's so easy to put points up against us, why didn't your vaunted offense do it then?
The Packers are at or near the top in takeaways, points allowed, sacks and pass touchdowns allowed. In fact, we've allowed about half of the pass touchdowns your "defense" has allowed.
I'd think the difference between our offense and your defense versus your offense and our defense is enough to call it. You should be nervous if you know football.
I know we are, if only for your STs.
I know, I get it, you're a Philly fan, ok, but don't set yourself up with all these numbers and expect a win, you could be devastated to read the numbers after the game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
BTW Reid has never beaten a team he lost to in the regular season in the playoffs.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You are talking smack,,,saying how great your team is and we're scared? We have a smack forum,,,go to it, I'll meet you there.

Ad hominum---appealing to personal considerations rather than using fact or reason. THAT IS SMACK and if you know ad hominum attacks, you know its smack. Please discuss in smack forum.

mxross

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right, now were talking. Good to see you guys got some fight in you! Rather than crying troll every time someone shows up with a different point of view. Makes things more interesting. As a long time Eagles fan there have been plenty of playoffs I have been nervous about, but not this one, sorry. This Eagle team is different. Nothing personnel about it. Everything I said was true. Nobody said you had to like it. Well that's it for me, I'll have no reason to come back here after today. Unless it's to congratulate you for a Packers win, anythings possible. Enjoy the game, get it, game? It's just a game!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
All right, now were talking. Good to see you guys got some fight in you! Rather than crying troll every time someone shows up with a different point of view. Makes things more interesting. As a long time Eagles fan there have been plenty of playoffs I have been nervous about, but not this one, sorry. This Eagle team is different. Nothing personnel about it. Everything I said was true. Nobody said you had to like it. Well that's it for me, I'll have no reason to come back here after today. Unless it's to congratulate you for a Packers win, anythings possible. Enjoy the game, get it, game? It's just a game!
Got some fight in us? I was just pointing out what a ditzy blonde you seem to be.
Not nervous? Not this one? There is something "different" about it? *****, now you're hitting us with facts huh?
I doubt we'll see your dizzy *** Sparrow-backing smack will be here after the game.

mxross

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level.
Then beat you with experience

Latest posts