Rodgers vs. Favre - Head to Head 4 Game Stats

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are the stats from all 4 games added up and averaged out.

Brett Favre:
24/31 – 77%, 271 yds, 3 tds, 0 ints, 135.3 Rating W
17/28 – 61%, 244 yds, 4 tds, 0 ints, 128.6 Rating W
16/29 – 55%, 212 yds, 1 tds, 3 ints, 50.4 Rating L
17/38 – 45%, 208 yds, 0 tds, 1 ints, 51.2 Rating L

Total:
74/126 - 59%, 935 yds, 8 tds, 4 ints, 91.4 Rating

Aaron Rodgers
:

26/37 – 70%, 384 yds, 2 tds, 1 ints, 110.6 Rating L
26/41 – 63%, 287 yds, 3 tds, 0 ints, 108.5 Rating L
21/34 – 62%, 295 yds, 2 tds, 2 ints, 84.8 Rating W
22/31 - 71%, 301 yds, 4 tds, 0 ints, 141.3 Rating W

Total:
95/143 – 66%, 1267 yds, 11 tds, 3 ints, 111.3 Rating

Can there be any debate as to which guy outplayed the other?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very well done!!

But when Pack lose its all Rodgers, when they win its the defense or others..

Now flip flop that for Brett

They lose its others fault, when they win its all Brett

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very well done!!

But when Pack lose its all Rodgers, when they win its the defense or others..

Now flip flop that for Brett

They lose its others fault, when they win its all Brett

Very true. It was always a "W" due to "favre". I was a flagpole sitter the first season "AB", but no longer.

We are extremely lucky to have AROD in our ranks

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool post. Like seeing that comparison.

That win was toooooooooo sweet...

L

Lunchboxer

I thought this was a new thread.

Whats with Bumping Old as dirt threads. We know Rodgers is 9803085038503805803845986X Better than Favre.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I thought this was a new thread.

Whats with Bumping Old as dirt threads. We know Rodgers is 9803085038503805803845986X Better than Favre.
Read the forum rules, no duplicate threads. Rather than **** off the mods, I bumped an old thread. Got a problem? Take it up with the mods. Let them warn me or demand that they start clearing out the old threads so I have to make new ones.

As for why, read the Hargrove suspension thread. In order to keep that thread on topic, I bumped this thread to provide TheOnlyMeIKnow his soapbox.

L

Lunchboxer

Read the forum rules, no duplicate threads. Rather than **** off the mods, I bumped an old thread. Got a problem? Take it up with the mods. Let them warn me or demand that they start clearing out the old threads so I have to make new ones.

As for why, read the Hargrove suspension thread. In order to keep that thread on topic, I bumped this thread to provide TheOnlyMeIKnow his soapbox.

How would the Mods know a doup thread was made when the first thread is burried under few years worth of threads.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The game that sticks out in my mind when it comes to Favre vs. Rodgers was the 2007 game at Dallas. They played with the same players on offense and against the same players on defense in the same environment. It was the game that convinced me Rodgers was ready to start. The Packers ended up losing by 10 but Rodgers gave them a chance to win the game and Favre didn’t. Favre left that game in the second quarter after completing 5 of 14 passes for 56 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. The Packers kicked a FG and Grant scored on a 62 yard run while Favre was on the field. But more than the stats for me was the contrast in their composure: Favre looked more like the inexperienced QB; in addition to the 2 INTs (one “punt-like”) he threw up a couple more passes that could have been intercepted and often looked panicked while Rodgers played under control and completed 18 of 26 for 201 yards, 1 TD and no INTs.

For me it doesn’t matter much comparing Favre and Rodgers early in their careers. Again just my opinion but that kind of comparison will become interesting after Rodgers career is over. I’ll bet both are headed for the HOF. But Thompson and McCarthy didn’t have the option of choosing a young Favre or a young Rodgers. They had to choose between a QB near the end of his career who looked like he didn’t want to be out in the cold of Soldier Field a couple of days before Christmas or in the cold of Lambeau Field in the playoffs and a young QB who was “tearing it up” as he led the scout team and then outplayed the old gunslinger in Dallas. They had a choice between an old QB who didn’t like the nuisance of the off season activities, one who admitted he didn’t know the names of some of his young teammates and an eager youngster. A choice between a gunslinger who retired, then reconsidered and decided to stay retired until just before training camp and a youngster who grabbed the leadership reigns of the team with both hands at the first “retirement”. The irony is if Favre wouldn’t have retired or had changed his mind about a month after “retiring”, he would have been the Packers QB in 2008. Thank goodness he didn’t!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Dallas game is a good comparison, but was it more due to the fact Dallas had no game film on him? Or that good, or combo of both?

Staff online

Members online