Rodgers voted by his peers for......

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...rr-Award/e2bd76e1-6210-4db8-a5c5-36e31ab83f9a

Athletes in Action has announced that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
will be honored with the 2014 Bart Starr Award, which recognizes one NFL player for outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community.

Other finalists for the award were Ryan Clark, safety for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Jared Allen, defensive end for the Minnesota Vikings.

Together with Milwaukee attorney David Gruber, Rodgers created www.itsaaron.com to build awareness for organizations and people who are making a difference in their communities. Additionally, he has been involved with Young Life and the Make-A-Wish foundation, among many other projects.

The winner of the Bart Starr Award is voted on by NFL players and is named after Pro Football Hall of Famer Bart Starr.

The award honors the player who best exemplifies Starr’s commitment to family, teammates and the community. Past winners include Jason Witten, London Fletcher, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, LaDainian Tomlinson, Reggie White and Mike Singletary.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, class act all the way.

I'm not gonna lie...and I hope I don't get thrown off the forum... but the more I have read and seen about Jared Allen, he's really a class act as well. Sure... I hate the sack dance on our QBs... but by the same token.... he's the first guy to shake hands after the game and he pretty much just lines up and plays.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yep, class act all the way.

I'm not gonna lie...and I hope I don't get thrown off the forum... but the more I have read and seen about Jared Allen, he's really a class act as well. Sure... I hate the sack dance on our QBs... but by the same token.... he's the first guy to shake hands after the game and he pretty much just lines up and plays.

I have to agree hate seeing him on the field as an opponent, but he does the right things off the field.

Congrats to Rodgers, good to see him getting represented for the good causes he promotes.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah...congrats to Aaron as well.

This just doesn't sit well with the a-holes who still like to claim that Rodgers blows off a woman with cancer and doesn't respect his teammates. They'll keep making their gurgling noises, but, I'm happy for Rodgers. I think he's a good kid and his parents are, and should be, very proud of the man he is.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things I like about this award.

1) AR didn't have to play in all the games to get it. (Which surprises me.)

2) It's named after someone who is still alive!

Members online

Latest posts