Rodgers speaks.. and doesn't tell anyone to shut up.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Smart on Swains part to pair up with Rodgers this offseason.. up in the mountains away from the phone is probably the best place in the world for Rodgers.. have fun golfing.

More from Rodgers
As noted in the previous post, Aaron Rodgers didn't comment on the Brett Favre comeback talk during a conference call with reporters this morning in advance of the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament.

Here's what he did have to say ...

How do you feel about the rumors?
As the organization has commented, I’m going to keep it pretty much the same. I’m not really going to speculate about any rumors that are out there.

Thoughts on the way the media is reacting ...
The media has a job to do, so they’re reporting the information they get. But other than, I’m not really going to speculate on any rumors that are out there at the moment.

Bothered by the chatter?
I’ve been up in the mountains hanging out with my family, so I’ve been pretty immune to any media reports out there. So, that’s basically what I’m doing. I’m up here in Tahoe playing the American Century Championship, and that’s kind of my focus the next four or five days.

Enjoying being away during all of this?
It’s been a good offseason. I’ve been spending time in San Diego. James Jones came out to throw and work out with me. Brett Swain has been down here since the (rookie) symposium. I feel like I’m in real good shape right now. Took a little bit of time to spend with the family up in the mountains with no cell service, so that was nice, and now I’m enjoying the best week of the summer, which is being here in Tahoe.

Preparations change?
As usual, I’m coming back more than a week early for training camp, just to get my body accustomed to the Midwest time again and get a couple workouts in with Rock (Gullickson, the Packers’ strength and conditioning coach) before we start. So, nothing’s changed. I’ll be right on schedule and looking forward to a good training camp.

Have the Packers reached out in the past week?
I am in constant contact in the offseason with coach (Mike) McCarthy and (quarterbacks coach) Tom Clements, so nothing’s changed as far as that goes.

Had any recent conversation with Favre?
Me and Brett got along real well in Green Bay, became good friends, but I have not talked to him recently about his future plans.

Able to completely focus on taking over, or is media distraction taking away from that?
Well, I’m in the offseason right now, so I’ve been away from most of it for the most part. I’ve been down in San Diego and up in Chico (Calif.) with my family, working out with the trainer in Chico and working out down in southern California with a few of my receivers, and some other pro athletes down there. So, I’ve been pretty focused on what I’ve got to do to get ready for training camp.

How excited about team?
I’m extremely excited. We’ve got a great, young team coming back, a lot of talent at a lot of different positions, and it’s been a great offseason. We’ve had nearly 100 percent attendance for most of the offseason and a lot of guys working hard and a lot of guys excited about the direction we’re going. So, it’s exciting being a part of that.

Any aspect of game focused on in offseason?
I think it’s still mental. Our quarterback school that we went through in the offseason is a big mental challenge for us as we go through the entire offense, read and diagnose defenses. We watch a lot of hours of film each day, and that’s been the most important thing for me is mentally, totally understanding our scheme, what we’re trying to do, and trying to figure out what the other side of the ball is doing as well.

In your mind, is there any possibility that Brett is still a teammate in 2008?
Like I said … I’m not going to speculate on any rumor that might be out there. I’m just excited about the season and the opportunity that’s in front of the Packers right now.

How handle next three weeks? Try to detach from all this, or check in on daily basis to see what developments are?
I’m not going to change anything. I’m going to be here this week, I’m going to be down in L.A. next week, and I’ll be in Green Bay after that. So, that’s kind of the schedule and I’m sticking to it.

That's it for football questions. (I'm not going to type up all his golf answers right now. Demovsky's our golf reporter and he's on vacation.) We'll have more on Rodgers in Thursday's Press-Gazette. And if you missed it, check out what Mark Murphy and Bob Harlan had to say on the whole Favre bit last night.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I’m in the offseason right now, so I’ve been away from most of it for the most part. I’ve been down in San Diego and up in Chico (Calif.) with my family, working out with the trainer in Chico

I'm wondering which trainer. There are only a handful of trainers that are any good, but one that is spectacular. I'm hoping it's Rob (the one who is spectacular).

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it had an appropriate d-bag/firster comment by me. I thought it was this thread. Yes, it may have gotten out of hand, although I would have missed most of it.

Members online

Latest posts