Rodgers Returns To Practice

packerfan191

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN, Rodgers participated in the full practice that was open to the media on Thursday. Just wanted to get everybody's opinion. Do you think Rodgers will play this week?

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aaron knows how bad we need this game, and we all know how great of a competitor he is. It will take alot to keep him out of that game on Sunday. I think he goes! I also think they need to be careful about the situations they get him in, we CAN NOT afford to lose him for the year!

waffles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I am no doctor, I do know there are levels of concussion. That is something that is lost under the umbrella term Concussion. People think you either have one or you dont. I bet most players have a concussion at some point during a season, its just not diagnosed. Now I'm not saying that it wasn't bad (Rodgers' concussion) but it seems like he was pretty upbeat about it the other day. I would be suprised if he didn't play on Sunday.

He is a competitor and you'll have to chop this guy in half if you want him to sit on the sidelines. However, if we ever ramp up our running game.. it will be this week

OP
OP
P

packerfan191

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was too, but I just read on nfl.com that both him and Rodgers returned to practice today.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to get too far of the subject posted, but I would like to see what Quarless can do. His size and speed are pretty impressive! He looks like a first year YOTTO

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do I feel like we have more to gain if Rodgers sat out this game?

He might pass his tests, but that doesn't mean he's not gonna get sacked/knocked down this game which is almost certain that he is. He might be off worse than the beginning of the week. Better have him sit out against MIA and be 100% (and I mean really 100%)

With that in mind, if Flynn plays stellar in a regular season game, think about the trade value he would have when that time comes.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this might be the only regular season game of the season Flynn might be able to play.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is only good news, if it's 09' Rodgers. 10' Rodgers, with his happy feet, doesn't help us.
stop with the happy feet. its not his fault he has to worry about being mauled every play. put bulaga in for clifton and problem solved

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be a blessing in disguise if he didn't play, as I stated in another thread. He is way to valuable to us to risk him further injury to beat freakin Miami. I know losing a game is terrible but let us not win the battle only to lose the war. I say rest him one game, make sure his head is sound and on tight before sending him into battle again. I don't really care at this point if we lose to Miami, I'm worried what it will do to the rest of our season if we play him in Miami and he goes down. Epic suckage my friends. Same for Matthews while I am at it.

Another point, not to go off topic but think what it will do to people's Fantasy Football if either of those players goes out? A fatal blow for sure.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah... ive got Rodgers on my fantasy team. lol @ happy feet. anybody care to tell me what "YOTTO" means?

YOTTO= "Year Of The TakeOver"... I think Finley coined it.

And it looks like Rodgers is a go for this week. It said that it was a very minor concussion, much less severe than Cutlers two weeks ago.

I also saw that Cutler has had 5 concussions now... Sounds like a lot.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers gets a late hit hurts him, I'm going to smash my head into a wall...I am totally expecting a late "remember me" hit from Dansby, that SOB! I am also expecting it to not get called

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stop with the happy feet. its not his fault he has to worry about being mauled every play. put bulaga in for clifton and problem solved
I will stop when he starts playing like he's capable off.

Look at Rodgers against the Bills, and specially against Chicago, and last game. HUGE difference. And more so if you look at him against the Steelers last year and Cardinals. He was a monster.

Now, he looks afraid in the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers deserves the criticism he is getting from the local media | Cheesehead TV
Greg Jennings has every reason to be frustrated | Cheesehead TV

Specially the last one.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will stop when he starts playing like he's capable off.

Look at Rodgers against the Bills, and specially against Chicago, and last game. HUGE difference. And more so if you look at him against the Steelers last year and Cardinals. He was a monster.

Now, he looks afraid in the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers deserves the criticism he is getting from the local media | Cheesehead TV
Greg Jennings has every reason to be frustrated | Cheesehead TV

Specially the last one.

I think it's probably because hes trying not to hold unto the ball as long as he was last year. Last year, people were yelling at him to throw it quicker (a big reason for the sacks he was taking). Now, he's rushing things and that hasn't worked out as well for him. I think he'll get everything down by the second half of the season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's probably because hes trying not to hold unto the ball as long as he was last year. Last year, people were yelling at him to throw it quicker (a big reason for the sacks he was taking). Now, he's rushing things and that hasn't worked out as well for him. I think he'll get everything down by the second half of the season.
I don't see it like this. Actually, I think the sacks last year were exactly him being uncomfortable in the pocket. He just doesn't trust his OL. But he HAS to.

Yes, they have been terrible, specially the bookends. But he HAS to. And I'm confident he knows it, but he hasn't been so far.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he gets out of the pocket too soon, IMO when you do that, you limit your vision of the field and cut it in half when you scramble to one side, I'd like him to settle down a little bit & just take what the defense gives you!

Members online

Latest posts