Rodgers or Cutler

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this really a question? I'll use my Tony Romo vs. Aaron Rodgers answer from earlier in the year: If Ted Thompson called Jerry Angelo and asked him to trade Cutler for Rodgers, Angelo would pull the trigger IMMEDIATELY.

Am I the only guy who remembers Cutler throwing THE MOST INTERCEPTIONS OF ANY STARTER last year?

Am I the only guy who sees the fact Cutler threw 16 picks this year?

Please remember, this is Jay Cutler's first playoff since high school. The guy is Jeff George with a better publicist and agent.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this really a question? I'll use my Tony Romo vs. Aaron Rodgers answer from earlier in the year: If Ted Thompson called Jerry Angelo and asked him to trade Cuter for Rodgers, Angelo would pull the trigger IMMEDIATELY.

Am I the only guy who remembers Cutler throwing THE MOST INTERCEPTIONS OF ANY STARTER last year?

Am I the only guy who sees the fact Cutler threw 16 picks this year?

Please remember, this is Jay Cutler's first playoff since high school. The guy is Jeff George with a better publicist and agent.
Exactly this guy is below .500 as a QB in the NFL and if you include his college record he's like 30 games under .500.

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers is basically Cutler but with better accuracy, better feet, and no dull look in his eyes.

Their girlfriends are a wash.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am confused why everyone loves Cutler so much. This is his first winning season, he throws tons of picks, makes many poor decisions and can't play under pocket pressure. I guess I am just baffled why people think he is a good QB. I personally think he is in the bottom 12 starters in the league.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cutler is Favre. Consistenly inconsistent. One moment he'll look like a hall of famer, the next he'll throw an utterly ridiculous interception.

Luckily for Cutler, he's young. And he has all the tools. If his decision making improves he could be one of the NFL's best.

Rodgers, on the other hand, doesn't turn it over all that often and does everything well (outside of maybe holding the ball too long). He's already one of the NFL's best, and has the potential to be the absolute best if he can get some actual titles for that belt of his.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler is Favre. Consistenly inconsistent. One moment he'll look like a hall of famer, the next he'll throw an utterly ridiculous interception.

Luckily for Cutler, he's young. And he has all the tools. If his decision making improves he could be one of the NFL's best.

Rodgers, on the other hand, doesn't turn it over all that often and does everything well (outside of maybe holding the ball too long). He's already one of the NFL's best, and has the potential to be the absolute best if he can get some actual titles for that belt of his.

I dont know if I would say favre. I felt confident in Favre with 2 mins left if he hadnt thrown an INT in the game. I dont fear Cutler.

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Bears fan I am very high on Cutler, but that said, no one I know in Meatspace is confused about Cutler being better than Rodgers right now. Rodgers is the real deal. Cutler at the moment is just good. He isn't knocking on the door of elite status like Rodgers is.

I think Jay will grow once his offensive system becomes locked down. You need to remember Rodgers has been in the same system for what... 5 years? Jay has had 3/4 different systems in 4 years. Also, say what you want - the Bears receivers while showing promise are bumbling. Knox, Hester and Olsen routinely run the wrong routes re-routing defenders TO the single man coverage zones. It is amazing Cutler doesn't go postal.

Anyhow, I cant wait for this game. Good luck all - no Injuries!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
LMAO, comparing Rodgers to Cutler is like comparing Popes to choirboys.
Call it homerism, call it what you want, everybody keeps talking about Cutler's "potential" but he's not lived up to it. The best example I can think of is Jeff George.
Aaron Rodgers is already being compared to Montana, Marino, Brady and Manning.
I don't think there is anything to compare. This is almost a silly post. Would you take any QB in the league for Aaron Rodgers? Anyone straight up?
That's all I have to say about that.
Ruuuuuuuuun Starks Ruuuuuuuuun!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to a scout just trash his mechanics today on the radio and praise Rodgers mechanics. But he gave him credit by saying he can make all the plays, they are just ugly.

1city1team

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres another major difference. The Packers Organization has drafted and acquired WIDE RECEIVERS for Rodgers to throw to. The Bears didnt know that wide receiver was a position on a football team so they acquired KICK RETURNERS TO PLAY WIDE RECEIVER.

Got the Bears to a superbowl in 06, and got a first round bye this year while Packers squeaked by for a wild card.

Did you know its because of Halas that you guys even have a team? Its true, do a google search for "halas helped save packers" its actually a good history lesson between the bears/packers rivalry.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you know its because of Halas that you guys even have a team? Its true, do a google search for "halas helped save packers" its actually a good history lesson between the bears/packers rivalry.

yeah I knew that, but did you know it went both ways? We loaned you FIBs $ too

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Rodgers overall, and he throws a perfect spiral everytime. Rodgers has done great for having very mediocre receivers. He could probably make some of you guys look good on the field, lol.

Rodgers is better, we shouldnt even be debating. But to be fair, Rodgers has never had mediocre recievers, he has had some great receivers to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts