Rodgers or Cutler

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is an amazing quarterback. He is a franchise quarterback with great vision and smart decisions. Cutler is a great quarterback too but he needs to stop forcing a football into bad situations. A little more coaching and experience and I think he will be great. His arm strength is amazing.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is an amazing quarterback. He is a franchise quarterback with great vision and smart decisions. Cutler is a great quarterback too but he needs to stop forcing a football into bad situations. A little more coaching and experience and I think he will be great. His arm strength is amazing.

jamarcus russell has great arm strength too. Did wonders for his career

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Arm Strength - I don't see much difference. Rodgers may have a faster release
Toughness - Cutler. Been sacked a lot, no concussions that I know of. No injuries.
Scrambling - Rodgers
Accuracy - Rodgers
Decision Making - Rodgers (Better choices, fewer picks)
Blitz recognition - Rodgers, at least that is what people say is one of his strengths.
Personality - Rodgers
Leadership - Guessing Rodgers

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole argument that Rodgers has better weapons is crap. Last season, Rodgers had the worst O-line in the league. Still had a probowl year. 7 INTS. Had good weapons, so that helped. You could argue that Rodgers had a running game and a quality TE to help out in tough spots last season. Okay, that's fine. Fast forward to this season. Rodgers loses Grant in the 1st quarter of the first game. Loses Finley 3 weeks later. So he's had ZERO running game this season, and no TE. STILL put's up solid numbers. Cutler has had a great running game with Forte this year and has a good TE in Olson. O-lines are on par with each other, neither one is anything to write home about. Rodgers numbers have just been better than Cutlers. Not sure what else to say.

Cutler is still the more physically talented QB. But it's more than just physical talent. Look at Manning.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fans swear cutler is just as talented but Rodgers just has much better assets on the team. Then they go on another thread and scream and cry about how unfair it is that the Packers are favorites in vegas and get more national press.

Reaction score
Arm Strength - I don't see much difference. Rodgers may have a faster release
Toughness - Cutler. Been sacked a lot, no concussions that I know of. No injuries.
Scrambling - Rodgers
Accuracy - Rodgers
Decision Making - Rodgers (Better choices, fewer picks)
Blitz recognition - Rodgers, at least that is what people say is one of his strengths.
Personality - Rodgers
Leadership - Guessing Rodgers

Cutlers had a concussion but that's a good breakdown

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These guys are out of their minds, "BU BU DA TALENT! POTENTIAL, HE DUN GOT STATS TUH PRUVE IT BUHBUH **** OF DA POTENTIAL."

What a bunch of ****.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers no question! Cutler is talented though. His OL sucks and his receivers for the most part are idiots. His interceptions have as much to do with him as they do with the WR's and OL.

I think Rodgers is more talented, but his has a better supporting cast than Cutler does.

BTW the Bears really don't suck!

Reaction score
Bears fans swear cutler is just as talented but Rodgers just has much better assets on the team. Then they go on another thread and scream and cry about how unfair it is that the Packers are favorites in vegas and get more national press.

This is their first decent QB in forever. So they believe he is better than everyone. Im not saying he is a bad QB im just saying he is not an elite QB. He needs to be learn defenses better and he has to cut down on bad decisions. His stats may of shown that he was exceptional against the seahawks but he threw a ball right to the defender in the endzone but of course the player dropped it. My point is his reckless throws will cost him many games

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a quicker release and better footwork. He's also perhaps the second most elusive QB in the league behind Vick. His accuracy and decision making are off the charts. Jay has all the tools to be a top tier QB but he can't seem to put it all together consistently. Cutler can have a game where he looks on another level, and turn around the next game and throw 5 picks, 3 of which leave you questioning his sanity. Sometimes he doesn't roller coaster in different games, sometimes it's up and down series to series in the same game. All of that being said, he's still relatively young and it may click for him later on.

However right now, there's no other QB I want on the Packers than Aaron Rodgers. :happy0005:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is more accomplished, I think Cutler is capable of the same caliber play as Rodgers
Are you fooking kidding me? You should go look around the league and see what experts are saying. They think Rodgers might be the best in the game. Can you really in any kind of an honest environment tell me that you think Jay Cutler is in that class of QB?
Dude, you're seriously a Jay Cutler double chin clone and you want that look to be popular or you are completely delusional.
I'm astonished the question came up to be honest.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Heres another major difference. The Packers Organization has drafted and acquired WIDE RECEIVERS for Rodgers to throw to. The Bears didnt know that wide receiver was a position on a football team so they acquired KICK RETURNERS TO PLAY WIDE RECEIVER.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron by far outranks Cutler. I'll give Cutler his due, he is a decent QB and will win you games but he is inconsistent and that will cost you championships. Aaron, in comparison has been playing outstanding football this year. He is getting better and better and his talent is accelerating at an alarming rate.

There is really no comparison for me. Aaron, anyday.

Members online

Latest posts