Rodgers' MVP Chances?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rogers is not the MVP, I will Paint my body Green and Gold and run up and down my street naked shouting "There is no DOG" (I'm dyslexic). This will probably land me in court for a long time since anyone who witnesses this will be temporarily blinded and suffer from PTSD.

Please at least provide us with a video feed of this. :)

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Monday night game in November, there was a crowd chanting MVP over 2 hours after the game had ended. The ESPN commentators were laughing at the pack fans, not nice.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is hands down the MVP. He has more TD's and less INT's than Brees, has a better record and beat the Saints straight up. He'll win the award.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to some analysts and media folks, TOM BRADY should get it!!:eek: Now, that the Packers lost.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been waiting for them to bring up Payten Manning. Might as well just give it to him. smh

Yup! He robbed Brees one year... hell he might rob Rodgers this year lol :laugh:You know if Manning actually played this season and even though his numbers/performance was nowhere near Rodgers... he would get MVP! I'm pretty sure of it. Ugh sick of that guy!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yup! He robbed Brees one year... hell he might rob Rodgers this year lol :laugh:You know if Manning actually played this season and even though his numbers/performance was nowhere near Rodgers... he would get MVP! I'm pretty sure of it. Ugh sick of that guy!

Hey I like Peyton. ;)
Maybe Brees should have gotten it in 2009 but it can be debated to me. Peyton had no run game/no o line/a rookie HC/broke in new receivers in Garcon/Collie. He had a fine season. So did Brees and so did Favre. The argument against Peyton is the one Pats fans often brought up with playing half his games indoors and of course one in Houston.

I think Rodgers deserves it this year for all he does for this Packers team and he has been lights out for many games.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off-topic but the Colts will most likely go 1-15 this year without Peyton, I wonder what they would have did with him? My guess is 9 wins but still miss the playoffs.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If Rogers is not the MVP, I will Paint my body Green and Gold and run up and down my street naked shouting "There is no DOG" (I'm dyslexic). This will probably land me in court for a long time since anyone who witnesses this will be temporarily blinded and suffer from PTSD.
Just the thought of the sight is giving me PTSD.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Off-topic but the Colts will most likely go 1-15 this year without Peyton, I wonder what they would have did with him? My guess is 9 wins but missing the playoffs.

I have no idea since injuries everywhere have piled up. But, they would try harder I think with a healthy Manning. Sad but true. And with Manning you go into a game with a different plan. You expect the Colts to score points with him and the o line looks better. With Collins/Orolvsky/Painter you don't expect many points and you are not fearful of the pass. Also the Colts D is built around the O too sadly. Freeney and Mathis are meant to rush the passer in shootouts and with a lead.

Houston is much improved this year though so it's tough to say if the Colts could have kept up. A WC spot though is not also out of the question based on the 6th seed battle.

Tough to predict and Jim Caldwell is horrible. But, with Peyton there is no way they lose to teams like the Browns/Bucs/Jaguars and even that Steelers game. That Pats game was very winnable with Peyton too.

I still think the NFC is stronger though and likely has the SB winner in it. The AFC is pretty average to me. The Saints are currently #3 in the NFC are are likely better then any team in the AFC.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
For the record I like Brees. Always have.

Whoever makes the SB in the NFC (hopefully Packers) they should get the full support in Indiana. Even the Saints would get support over the AFC likely despite the SB loss. Peyton is from NO and so is Wayne.

Pats/Steelers/Ravens/Chargers/Jets and teams like that can get eggs thrown at them whenever they leave their hotel.

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Jules -- so what do you think the Colts will do this off-season? Hopefully, they lose their last game to end up with the worst record to get 1st round... will they go after Luck? I mean now that Archie gives his blessings that he and Peyton can co-exist. :confused: lol

Anyway, back to topic, Rodgers should get the MVP, and if someone is second in that running, I have Brees at #2 and Brady at #3!

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better receivers? No chance.

Jennings, Nelson, Driver > Colston, Mecham, Moore

I didn't say the Saints have a better WR corp. Just that they were "pretty good."

My point is it's wrong to think Brees doesn't have good WRs. Of course he does, or he wouldn't have those eye-popping stats.

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, if Rodgers loses out in the MVP voting, it would be to Brees. But I don't believe he's lost it after one bad game. Brees and Rodgers are actually pretty evenly matched this season, with Rodgers maintaining a small lead. It's still his to lose, but will depend on how the two quarterbacks perform in the final few games.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Hey Jules -- so what do you think the Colts will do this off-season? Hopefully, they lose their last game to end up with the worst record to get 1st round... will they go after Luck? I mean now that Archie gives his blessings that he and Peyton can co-exist. :confused: lol

Anyway, back to topic, Rodgers should get the MVP, and if someone is second in that running, I have Brees at #2 and
Brady at #3!

I also have Brees before Brady. But, then again it's the AFC hype still. I am sorry about this guys LOL. If not Peyton it's Brady. If not Brady it's Peyton. It just seems that way at times. It was like that the last decade but Rodgers and Brees are becoming almost underrated at times now.

Heck I am not sure what the Colts do. I heard Peyton was practicing in pads recently or throwing it around. I also don't even know if the Colts win another game or two. The Jags the final week is a potential win. The Texans shouldn't be a win
but if Wade is out it opens the door at home Thursday night and they have never won in Indy ever.

I would like to have Luck. If not to start but to groom. You can't have this much crap behind Manning for another year if he is back. You have to have a backup to a 36 year old next year who may get hurt again.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
IMO, if Rodgers loses out in the MVP voting, it would be to Brees. But I don't believe he's lost it after one bad game. Brees and Rodgers are actually pretty evenly matched this season, with Rodgers maintaining a small lead. It's still his to lose, but will depend on how the two quarterbacks perform in the final few games.

Brees has the edge here with two games indoors. I think they are both in NO. Falcons game should be a good one though as usual.

I still think it will be Aaron but you never know with two games against division rivals in the cold. And if the Packers clinch Sunday night (and I think they do) you don't know how much they put into the final game vs. Detroit.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is qutie ridiculous. No way brees or brady should be winning MVP over rodgers. Rodgers lost his star WR... his o-line has been atrocious (injuries), and his receivers drop so many ****ing catch able catches, that it has ****** with rodgers stats in the past 2-3 games. Brees plays in a dome.... rodgers does not (i believe brady might have a case for MVP if he did not have that terrible game vs buffalo and if he scored 1-2 more TDS).

And besides, brees insane accuracy completion can be attributed to the BAJILLION short passes /dump-offs he does to his RB'S. Also it is insane how much YAC these rb's get for brees after the short dump off. I saw stats somewhere showing how brees throws 35 % balls as drop-offs to his rb's. Rodgers has 20 % while brady only 10 %

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also have Brees before Brady. But, then again it's the AFC hype still. I am sorry about this guys LOL. If not Peyton it's Brady. If not Brady it's Peyton. It just seems that way at times. It was like that the last decade but Rodgers and Brees are becoming almost underrated at times now.

Heck I am not sure what the Colts do. I heard Peyton was practicing in pads recently or throwing it around. I also don't even know if the Colts win another game or two. The Jags the final week is a potential win. The Texans shouldn't be a win
but if Wade is out it opens the door at home Thursday night and they have never won in Indy ever.

I would like to have Luck. If not to start but to groom. You can't have this much crap behind Manning for another year if he is back. You have to have a backup to a 36 year old next year who may get hurt again.

Yeah, I heard he practice too in pads. Well, if the Colts win another game and end up 2-14 in a three way tied with the Rams and Vikings (assuming they lose their last 2 games) and then it will be tie breakers for who gets the 1st round pick (I think?). But I agree that they should go after Luck and develop him under Peyton. Peyton is getting old and who knows ho well he has healed. Well, Indy will be interesting during the off season and I hope they get rid of Caldwell. That dude at times looks out of it. During the Super Bowl, I wanted someone to tell him "HEY YOU ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL! THIS IS NOT A PRE-SEASON GAME!" Geez. lol

Back to topic: Brees has 2 more games in the Super Dome - he should put big numbers there. I still say he beats Marino's record on MNF against the Falcons. Brady is not too far from him but I don't think he will beat it on Sunday. I guess it will come down to the last game to see if Brady also breaks it and how much. Who will own the Record, Brees or Brady? Brees is also setting a new record for % completion breaking his own record. Who knows if these records he breaks will have any weigh on the MVP voting. I still think Rodgers has this already. But who knows.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard he practice too in pads. Well, if the Colts win another game and end up 2-14 in a three way tied with the Rams and Vikings (assuming they lose their last 2 games) and then it will be tie breakers for who gets the 1st round pick (I think?). But I agree that they should go after Luck and develop him under Peyton. Peyton is getting old and who knows ho well he has healed. Well, Indy will be interesting during the off season and I hope they get rid of Caldwell. That dude at times looks out of it. During the Super Bowl, I wanted someone to
tell him "HEY YOU ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL! THIS IS NOT A PRE-SEASON GAME!" Geez. lol

Back to topic: Brees has 2 more games in the Super Dome - he should put big numbers there. I still say he beats Marino's
record on MNF against the Falcons. Brady is not too far from him but I don't think he will beat it on Sunday. I guess it will come down to the last game to see if Brady also breaks it and how much. Who will own the Record, Brees or Brady? Brees is also setting a new record for % completion breaking his own record. Who knows if these records he breaks will have any
weigh on the MVP voting. I still think Rodgers has this already. But who knows.

Please don't remind me of Caldwell's blank expressions lol. Payton owned him so bad in the SB. Well the Saints did after halftime anyway. Hats off to them. At least it was not a team from the NFC East or the Bears LOL.

Yeah the Pats host the Dolphins and Bills. Brady should put up nice numbers but then again the Dolphins can often be a tricky one once in a while for them. Brees will probably put up bigger numbers though over the two games.

Rodgers has it the toughest of the 3 vs. the Bears and Lions. And like we all know....if the Packers clinch Sunday night they may not go full speed vs. the Lions for the whole game.

I still think based on the course of the season as a whole it should be Rodgers, Brees, Brady. But......the voting might be closer then expected.

Mississippi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees has the edge here with two games indoors. I think they are both in NO. Falcons game should be a good one though as usual.

I still think it will be Aaron but you never know with two games against division rivals in the cold. And if the Packers clinch Sunday night (and I think they do) you don't know how much they put into the final game vs. Detroit.

Yes it is two games in the Dome. Advantage, Brees. Although the Falcons always do play the Saints hard, there should still be an offensive shootout going on. You make a good point that the Packers may ease up a little if they clinch the number one seed which would put a damper on Rodgers' stats. I do still like Rodgers' chances at getting the MVP though. As well liked as Brees is, I can see Rodgers pulling in more votes.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the NFC is a stronger conference by far right now so I give the edge to Rodgers then Brees. But, even though both Saints/Packers fans sometimes think their D's suck I would likely take both over the Pats D. So thats where Brady might get some favoritism from voters. This Pats D is not very good, at all. And now it's lost Andre Carter for the year which hurts the pass rush even more. In some ways this Pats team is a lot like some of the old Colts teams of the last decade with offense only and hope and pray on defense they just score fast so you get the ball back LOL.

Now that Alex Smith in SF. Lucky bastard. What a freaking defense he has to help him out. ;)

Members online

Latest posts