Rodgers' Leadership Called Into Question Again

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers have problems but among them is not their starting QB. He’s their most important player by far and a main reason for optimism over the next several seasons. But of course Rodgers isn’t perfect: I would prefer he not make snide remarks about reporters and I’d prefer he would have respectfully addressed the media after the loss in SF. I would also prefer he refrain from playing GM and advocating for one player or another.

I’ve heard him take responsibility for mistakes on his weekly radio show so the critique from Finley’s agent rings hollow. Not only that but consider the likely source: I’ll bet 99 times out of 100 any mistake between Rodgers and Finley has been the immature Finley’s fault. In fact because Rodgers is very bright and dedicated I’ll bet the vast majority of times there’s a screw up on offense, it is someone else’s fault. And regarding Sharpe’s comment about how well the receivers like Rodgers: First I don’t care and second, the source of that is probably Finley or Jennings and Jennings may be upset Rodgers hasn’t gone to bat for him as he did for Jones and now Woodson. (That’s one of the reasons I’d prefer he leave the ‘GMing’ to the GM.) And whether or not being a great QB = being a great person? Are you f’ing kidding me!? First, again I don’t care. Second is Sharpe saying he is a great person and can therefore judge the greatness of others? Or is his source that great person? Adding that comment is the tip off to me that Sharpe and his source are full of it. And Jennings’ sister? Her idiotic comments just serve to confirm the likely source of the discontent among the WRs.

I would also prefer Rodgers leave the coaching to the coaches but regarding Cobb and EDS, I think he was right. The play of EDS was certainly better than Saturday’s. Also, I’m sure some would prefer he would have not answered the question about that botched punt return against the Bears, but I don’t mind him pointing out the obvious. He’d look foolish saying anything else. As I said he’s not perfect but being “too honest” is a fault I’m happy to live with.

Hear, hear.

H

HardRightEdge

[sarcasm]...but he did throw uh . . . one interception in the last game and 8 MORE in the rest of the season, UP FROM 6 LAST YEAR! That is Favre-like for sure.[/sarcasm]

I hate to be harsh, but you are either statistically illiterate or a troll. You should come to an understanding of how LOW Rodgers 1.45 Int % in 2012 happens to be.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[sarcasm]Yeah Rodgers performance is already going downhill. Sure, he has the highest QB rating (again . . . yawn) but he did throw uh . . . one interception in the last game and 8 MORE in the rest of the season, UP FROM 6 LAST YEAR! That is Favre-like for sure. And the snarki-ness is really getting out of hand - not leadership-like at all. Authorities like Finley's agent and Shannon Sharpe know . . . [/sarcasm]

His snide comments are really annoying though AND he rarely ever takes responsibility for his actions. Everyone is just giving Aaron Rodgers a free pass simply because he is Aaron freaking Rodgers (same was with Favre until he started throwing lots of interceptions). Seriously, you can see how the unity of the offense was broken. Jennings obviously wanted no part of this team (late in the season), A-Rod ignored Finely too when he was wide opened and instead forced his passes to Cobb, and of COURSE his interceptions are low - it's a passing league and played low tier opponents all year long. Not only that, but Aaron Rodgers went 2-3 (W-L) against top 10 passing defenses (2 of those wins were from the Bears).

I hate to say this, but the only way the Packers can make it back to the Super Bowl is if they can replicate the 2010 Packers defense OR have something close to that well expecting the offense to produce how it usually does. If it wasn't for the Packers strong defensive play, we wouldn't have won the NFC Championship game b/c Aaron Rodgers through 2 interceptions and NO touchdowns.

The Aaron Rodgers and Co. in 2011 had an offense that was unstoppable, HOWEVER, it did not matter. Why? Because the defense sucked!

Aaron Rodgers is NOT a leader, and we are seeing the same Diva attitude from Favre.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-rodgers-refutes-green-bay-packers-soft-label
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter Bob McGinn questioned the Green Bay Packers' toughness after they were bounced from the playoffs by the San Francisco 49ers. With a subpar run game, an emphasis on the offensive skill positions and an average defense, the Packers aren't considered a physical team. They do have an MVP quarterback and an offense that can score with anyone in the NFL.

Rodgers was asked about the qualification during his weekly radio show on WAUK-AM with Jason Wilde.
"I don't know exactly how to answer that," Rodgers said. "I can just say that obviously we didn't win as many games as we wanted to this year; we came up short in the playoffs, but I like the makeup of our team.
"You know, we're not an offensive line that goes 330 (pounds) across the board, so we're not going to be a power running game. We're going to be a team that's going to get after you with tempo and with our skilled players who are as skilled as any group of guys in the league.
"If that makes us soft in some people's opinions, we're not going to change that opinion, but we're going to win a lot of games around here with the guys that we have, and as you've seen throughout the league, the league is going to a more pass-oriented scheme, and even Baltimore is not the Baltimore of a couple years ago. Joe Flacco is getting an opportunity to do some no-huddle stuff, to call stuff on the line of scrimmage. ... I wouldn't really call San Francisco a downhill running team either. They're a lot of zone-read stuff and throwing the ball around as well.
"I don't get into that whole team evaluation stuff too much, but I can tell you I like our team, I know we can win with the guys we got."Aaron Rodgers

No team wants to be called soft, and even Rodgers admitted the Packers are not the most physical team around. Still, Green Bay is 47-17 in the last four years with a Super Bowl victory. The question is: Do they need to get tougher to win another before the window of opportunity closes?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[sarcasm]Yeah Rodgers performance is already going downhill. Sure, he has the highest QB rating (again . . . yawn) but he did throw uh . . . one interception in the last game and 8 MORE in the rest of the season, UP FROM 6 LAST YEAR! That is Favre-like for sure. And the snarki-ness is really getting out of hand - not leadership-like at all. Authorities like Finley's agent and Shannon Sharpe know . . . [/sarcasm]

Yeah and there is more to winning a game than int-rate. Alex Smith was the top rated QB in the NFL at the time he was benched.

Doesn't mean anything when you take drive stopping sacks because you dont want an incomplete pass. Im soo sick of the "Rodgers lead the league in QBR" argument. Anyone that can look at this season with an unbiased eye can tell Rodgers season was not as good as past seasons, even if you exclude the crazy 2011 season. Its not about stats, it about making big plays when they are needed, starting the game off hot, leading your team by example. In each game against a physical opponent he came out flat, and if it was for Shield's pick six against the 49er's the Packers wouldn't have scored more than 7 points in any quarter of that game.

I swear everytime that the TV cameras pan to him after an interception or sack... He is stading there like a Dad who just caught his son smoking. Sad thing is he is the reason for most of the sack, him and his precious QBR record he holds so dearly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

So, going from 6 INT's to 9 INT's is putting him "favre like" category? That is just plain stupid. Ol brett would toss 2 or 3 picks when having a bad game, you don't see Arod doing that crap. That portion of your comment is absolute craziness. Arod is a much better game manager then favre ever was. He has already surpassed Favres best season numbers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yeah and there is more to winning a game than int-rate. Alex Smith was the top rated QB in the NFL at the time he was benched.

Doesn't mean anything when you take drive stopping sacks because you dont want an incomplete pass. Im soo sick of the "Rodgers lead the league in QBR" argument. Anyone that can look at this season with an unbiased eye can tell Rodgers season was not as good as past seasons, even if you exclude the crazy 2011 season. Its not about stats, it about making big plays when they are needed, starting the game off hot, leading your team by example. In each game against a physical opponent he came out flat, and if it was for Shield's pick six against the 49er's the Packers wouldn't have scored more than 7 points in any quarter of that game.

I swear everytime that the TV cameras pan to him after an interception or sack... He is stading there like a Dad who just caught his son smoking. Sad thing is he is the reason for most of the sack, him and his precious QBR record he holds so dearly.
I agree with the bold anyway. This wasn't just "regression to the mean" Rodgers actually did underperform a bit this year, and not being "in synch" with his receivers early in the season, and "falling in love" with targets later on didn't help. He should be able to fix a few little things and return to about 2009 form (pure eye test) Not that he still wasn't better than every other QB out there this year.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still don't get that my post was "tongue and cheek"?

Good bye and God Bless you all. And that is not "tongue and cheek". I wish the best to all of you. And remember that there is a LOT more to life than football.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I hate to be harsh, but you are either statistically illiterate or a troll. You should come to an understanding of how LOW Rodgers 1.45 Int % in 2012 happens to be.
So, going from 6 INT's to 9 INT's is putting him "favre like" category? That is just plain stupid. Ol brett would toss 2 or 3 picks when having a bad game, you don't see Arod doing that crap. That portion of your comment is absolute craziness. Arod is a much better game manager then favre ever was. He has already surpassed Favres best season numbers.
Seriously? I don't think he could have been any clearer. Maybe the bold will help...

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ seriously??? I have said it like 20 freakin times on here....Im on a gov server and I can't see pics, I get line breaks, some times it wont do "quotes" for me.......i had to look this up on my iphone to even see the [sarcasm] breaks at the front and back...... basically all I get is the general words. I dont see sigs, sig pics, avatars.....I have to wait till I get home or look on my iphone to see that stuff

sorry to have upset you of heavenly father, please forgive me

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I have said it like 20 freakin times on here....Im on a gov server and I can't see pics,
Wait a minute, you are a government employee using your work computer to access this site??!! Hope you aren't a Federal or Wisconsin employee! ;) <- just for your information, this is a "wink" smilie.
Aaron Rodgers is NOT a leader, and we are seeing the same Diva attitude from Favre.
Threads like this bring out the Favre apologists. :rolleyes: It's got to kill 'em how well Rodgers is doing. (And what a strange position for a "Packers fan" to be in!) And even with his imperfections Rodgers is twice the leader Favre ever was. For example, unlike his predecessor, he knows all his teammate's names - that at the very least is the starting point.

I also got a kick out of the comment that Favre also was given a free pass until he started throwing all those INTs. The obvious point to be made is even after he crapped all over the Packers, some fans continued - and to this day continue - to give him a free pass. And when did he start throwing all those INTs? In 1993 Favre threw 24 INTs and 19 TDs. I think he got a free pass well after that. In fact, Favre never threw fewer than 13 INTs in all his years as a Packer and Rodgers has never thrown more than 13. He threw 13 in his first season. Since then, it's been 7, 11, 6, and 8. Favre's TD percentage was 5.0% and his INT percentage was 3.3%. Rodgers are 6.4% and 1.7% respectively.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
^ seriously??? I have said it like 20 freakin times on here....Im on a gov server and I can't see pics, I get line breaks, some times it wont do "quotes" for me.......i had to look this up on my iphone to even see the [sarcasm] breaks at the front and back...... basically all I get is the general words. I dont see sigs, sig pics, avatars.....I have to wait till I get home or look on my iphone to see that stuff

sorry to have upset you of heavenly father, please forgive me
Our Commander-In-Chief is a Bears fan, what do you want?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Wait a minute, you are a government employee using your work computer to access this site??!! Hope you aren't a Federal or Wisconsin employee! ;) <- just for your information, this is a "wink" smilie. Threads like this bring out the Favre apologists. :rolleyes: It's got to kill 'em how well Rodgers is doing. (And what a strange position for a "Packers fan" to be in!) And even with his imperfections Rodgers is twice the leader Favre ever was. For example, unlike his predecessor, he knows all his teammate's names - that at the very least is the starting point.

I also got a kick out of the comment that Favre also was giving a free pass until he started throwing all those INTs. The obvious point to be made is even after he crapped all over the Packers, some fans continued - and to this day continue - to give him a free pass. And when did he start throwing all those INTs? In 1993 Favre threw 24 INTs and 19 TDs. I think he got a free pass well after that. In fact, Favre never threw fewer than 13 INTs in all his years as a Packer and Rodgers has never thrown more than 13. He threw 13 in his first season. Since then, it's been 7, 11, 6, and 8. Favre's TD percentage was 5.0% and his INT percentage was 3.3%. Rodgers are 6.4% and 1.7% respectively.

LOL...thanks for the warning and the ID on the wink.....nope, im a dept of homeland security employee attached to the US Coast Gaurd, I have about 8 tabs open at one time. They allow internet browsing as long as you don't have a lack of production....but no videos, pics, and certain sites are a big no-no like facebook and youtube.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ium=newsletter&utm_campaign=green-bay-packers

Hope I inserted this link correctly. If not help me out LTF.

I agree with this article completely. This is borderline NY Tabloid stuff. People just trying to sell an article and make bucks. Seems that is becoming the norm for alot of sports reporting.

We can do "The Innuendo"
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and there is more to winning a game than int-rate.
  • Best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history.
  • Tied NFL record for most consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes (13).
  • Tied NFL record for most consecutive playoff games with at least 3 touchdown passes (3).
  • Only player in NFL history to throw for over 4,000 yards in each of the first two seasons as a starting QB
  • Only player in NFL history to throw 45+ touchdowns, and 6 or fewer interceptions in a single season
  • His 84-14 TD-Int ratio the past 2 seasons is the best 2-year stretch in NFL History
  • His 84 TD passes the past 2 season is the 2nd highest back-to-back total in NFL History. Only Drew Brees has more (89), but Brees also has tossed 19 more Int's those 2 years (33 to Rodgers 14).

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history.
  • Tied NFL record for most consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes (13).
  • Tied NFL record for most consecutive playoff games with at least 3 touchdown passes (3).
  • Only player in NFL history to throw for over 4,000 yards in each of the first two seasons as a starting QB
  • Only player in NFL history to throw 45+ touchdowns, and 6 or fewer interceptions in a single season
  • His 84-14 TD-Int ratio the past 2 seasons is the best 2-year stretch in NFL History
  • His 84 TD passes the past 2 season is the 2nd highest back-to-back total in NFL History. Only Drew Brees has more (89), but Brees also has tossed 19 more Int's those 2 years (33 to Rodgers 14).
Addition:
* Didn't play at same level in last two playoff appearances.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Addition:
* Didn't play at same level in last two playoff appearances.
This is true, but what the casual fan is not aware of is that the receivers were covered better, and in the case of the Giants game, the OL broke down, as well as the players fumbled and dropped balls.

The 49ers game? We needed Rodgers to play his best game ever, to have a chance. He clearly did not.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We needed Rodgers to play his best game ever, to have a chance.

Yep. The Falcons 2010 playoff game, generally accepted as Rodgers' best game ever, we scored 48 points, which included a pick-6 by Tramon.

49ers scored 45, and you know we couldn't count on anything from the defense against them! Over-generalization of course. But offense accounted for 5 TDs that day agains Atlanta. We would've needed 6 and a FG to tie SF.

H

HardRightEdge

Urban Dictionary: sarcasm

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarcasm
A tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means. It often has the best comedic value.

I understand now. But your use of the term "sarcasm" did not properly express your stance and could be taken in a variety of ways in that context. The Urban Dictionary reference is inaccurate, beside being bizarrely worded by some Yoda wannabe. Merriam-Webster:

sar·casm [sahr-kaz-uh
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
m]

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts