Rodgers Holding Ball Too Long?

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I don't think he has developed very good pocket awareness. A lot of quarterbacks have that unseen ability to sense when the pocket is collapsing or someone is coming from his blind side to tackle him. Last year he seemed to be coming along but this year he has taken a step backward. Probably 1/3 of his sacks could have been avoided if he was a little more aware of what was going on around him. And it is not a sin to throw it away.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he has developed very good pocket awareness. A lot of quarterbacks have that unseen ability to sense when the pocket is collapsing or someone is coming from his blind side to tackle him. Last year he seemed to be coming along but this year he has taken a step backward. Probably 1/3 of his sacks could have been avoided if he was a little more aware of what was going on around him. And it is not a sin to throw it away.

I completely disagree. Rodgers has a very good pocket awareness. Do you not remember the Falcons playoffs game two years ago when he was Houdini in the pocket? He has that innate awareness in the pocket. But, he's obviously willing to take a sack. As a result, he usually is looking downfield at all times and tries to feel for the rush. He's not going to be able to feel the rush everytime and even if he does, they'll get home still sometimes. But I don't think it's because of poor pocket presence/awareness. Poor pocket awareness is when someone has happy feet. Rodgers doesn't.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Call it "happy feet" or whatever you want but he is either holding the ball to long or maybe too focused on what is going on down the field or whatever. Many of his sacks are his own fault because he is not aware of what is going on around him. He was getting better at it last year but this year he has regressed.

Members online

Latest posts