Rodgers: Greatest 16-game Run In Nfl History?

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cold Hard Football Facts speculates that might be the case:

Has a quarterback ever played as well as Rodgers is playing right now? He’s now dropped back to pass 211 times this year, turned it over twice and gained a net 1,700 yards. That is just preposterous stuff.

In Rodgers’ last 16 complete games including playoffs: 39 touchdowns, six interceptions, one fumble lost and a 15-1 record. If that’s not the greatest 16-game run in NFL history, it’s got to be pretty close.

This isn’t exactly breaking news, but still – it’s worth marveling at.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets wait and see how the next 11 games go :)
Yes he is playing lights out, but lets see 16 games week in and week out.
last year was last year so I dont like talking about statistics from last year when you mix it in with this years stats too.
I have no doubt though that he will continue the way he has so far :cool:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cold Hard Football Facts speculates that might be the case:

Has a quarterback ever played as well as Rodgers is playing right now? He’s now dropped back to pass 211 times this year, turned it over twice and gained a net 1,700 yards. That is just preposterous stuff.

In Rodgers’ last 16 complete games including playoffs: 39 touchdowns, six interceptions, one fumble lost and a 15-1 record. If that’s not the greatest 16-game run in NFL history, it’s got to be pretty close.

This isn’t exactly breaking news, but still – it’s worth marveling at.
Could you give a link? I think they work is great, but their site is hard to browse...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm...
yes Tom Brady went 50 - 8 , when the Patriots went 16-0
yea i LOVE rodgers but lets not get crazy here.. tom brady still holds the record for best 16 game stretch no matter how you look at it.. 50-8 and 16-0 is better than 39-6 and 15-1 no matter which way you try and spin it..

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the Rodgers love, the whole nation does, but seriously slow down a bit. Aaron isnt even a lock for the HoF yet.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the Rodgers love, the whole nation does, but seriously slow down a bit. Aaron isnt even a lock for the HoF yet.
Your in the Packers not the Detroit Lions forum.
So how can you blame us for loving Rodgers so much?
No, he's not a lock for the HoF yet, but I don't care. All I care about is what he is doing now.
And what he is doing now, including the post season last year, is un-freakin-believable!
Rodgers is being the best player in the NFL right now. Not QB. Player.
We Packers fans are in awe, just absolute awe, in what A-Rod is doing.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
... 50-8 and 16-0 is better than 39-6 and 15-1 no matter which way you try and spin it..

On my very first attempt to "spin" it, I found that Rodger's 39 wins in 45 games equates to an 86.7% winning percentage versus Brady's 86.2% (50 wins in 58 games).

That was too easy.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On my very first attempt to "spin" it, I found that Rodger's 39 wins in 45 games equates to an 86.7% winning percentage versus Brady's 86.2% (50 wins in 58 games).

That was too easy.
huh? what the hell does that have to do with the article and topic at hand.. we are talking the greatest "16 game stretch" for a qb and you just came from left field with your comment.. and let me end it by saying this.. tom brady is my most hated player in sports period.. i think he looks like a *** and pansy and is a little *****.. but wow your argument had nothing to do with the point i was making .. if that was your best try at "spinning" it then i think i won this discussion lol

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think this belongs to tom brady.

Yes aaron rodgers won the SB, but 50-8 is just ridiculous.. And this all happened in a period of a season (unlike rodgers).

Nonetheless, i want to see where rodgers is (And the packers) when the playoffs start. I mean at the pace rodgers is throwing at... 14 tds per 5 games, he must be on pace for 44 tds or something of that nature.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think this belongs to tom brady.

Yes aaron rodgers won the SB, but 50-8 is just ridiculous.. And this all happened in a period of a season (unlike rodgers).

Nonetheless, i want to see where rodgers is (And the packers) when the playoffs start. I mean at the pace rodgers is throwing at... 14 tds per 5 games, he must be on pace for 44 tds or something of that nature.
I really think his stretch last year of not throwing picks was more impressive than his 2007 season, but I don't know if it lasted 16 games.

Eitehr way, 16 games is kind of a random number. I know that it's a regular season's lenght, but we're mixing seasons with playoffs...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Spanish Rose: My bad. 16-0 is always better than 15-1, of course. I embarrassingly misread your statement.

The stats:
Brady's 2007 regular season: 4,806 yards, 117.2 QB rating, 2 rushing TDs
Rodgers last 16 games: 4,726 yards, 114.2 QB rating, 3 rushing TD

Wow. Just wow.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spanish Rose: My bad. 16-0 is always better than 15-1, of course. I embarrassingly misread your statement.

The stats:

Wow. Just wow.

YEP, bradies 2007 was great... rodgers last 16 is great.

IMO, rodgers NEEDS to win this superbowl. I felt so ****ing bitter about that 2007 season when brady and the pats lost. You just can't lose when you have such a great season. Please rodgers don't do this to your fanbase!

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The stats:

Wow. Just wow.
after reading a few times i see you confused td's to int's as wins to losses lol its all good dude we all get brain farts at times.. i should have labeled better.. but looking at those stats, all you can do is marvel and say "wow,just wow" lol

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
YEP, bradies 2007 was great... rodgers last 16 is great.

IMO, rodgers NEEDS to win this superbowl. I felt so ******* bitter about that 2007 season when brady and the pats lost. You just can't lose when you have such a great season. Please rodgers don't do this to your fanbase!

You guys got robbed that year. Robbed.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You guys got robbed that year. Robbed.

Lets be honest though. That Giants team was freaking awesome for football beating those Pats and keeping them from 19-0. They sucked most of the regular season. Fans wanted to dump Eli off a bridge and to fire Coughlin.

Then somehow they manage to catch lightening in a bottle as a WC team. Really, I don't care who you are. Thats awesome ****. Eli played a great stretch of postseason football for Eli. That D was lights out, mostly the d line.

I love when stuff like this happens in the playoffs. I like Eli too. I was glad to see him get his moment.

I love when every once in a while a WTF team comes out. Almost happened again with the Cardinals of 08. Freaking Steelers......

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets be honest though. That Giants team was freaking awesome for football beating those Pats and keeping them from 19-0. They sucked most of the regular season. Fans wanted to dump Eli off a bridge and to fire Coughlin.

Then somehow they manage to catch lightening in a bottle as a WC team. Really, I don't care who you are. Thats awesome ****. Eli played a great stretch of postseason football for Eli. That D was lights out, mostly the d line.

I love when stuff like this happens in the playoffs. I like Eli too. I was glad to see him get his moment.

I love when every once in a while a WTF team comes out. Almost happened again with the Cardinals of 08. Freaking Steelers......

sure, but the patriots team on 2007 beats that giants team 9/10 times. Of course you wanted them to beat the patriots, you are a colts fan! hehe

Members online

Latest posts