Rodgers > Favre - How many ways?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Our fine Raider Pride dropped this in another thread..

BY THE WAY... NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE STRENGTHS RODGERS HAS THAT BRETT DOES NOT, THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON?

THAT IS FODDER FOR IT'S OWN THREAD BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY.

And I think it might be worth a couple of posts in calling out the strengths Rodgers might have an advantage over Favre.. see how many we can come up with.

First off.. Mobility.. Rodgers clearly showed his escapability in the Dallas game, moving around in the pocket with ease and throwing well on the move.. so strike one advantage to Rodgers.

More?

Nice topic RP.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you possibly judge Rodgers' strengths and weaknesses vs Favre's based on what little we have seen from him. Seriously?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you possibly judge Rodgers' strengths and weaknesses vs Favre's based on what little we have seen from him. Seriously?
yeah, no kidding.....It makes no sense.... :?:

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

I figured this would come sooner or later, so why are we so determined to hand him the job without him earning it at the very least. No veterans to compete with at this point, so if we can't speculate his strength's on paper why would we on the field?

Here I was hoping this played out a little longer.. but alas it is done, without even one Cal2GB post..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll try to sum it up here quick.

Aaron Rodgers

- Youth

He's younger which offers an upside for next year obviously.

- Scramble

We saw it in pre season and we saw in against Dallas. Rodgers can move better outside of the pocket and runs much better than Brett Favre does.

- Committed

Rodgers was here all off season. Brett Favre wasn't. Rodgers has perfect attendance and has done nothing short of preparing to be the Packers starting QB. Rodgers has been more committed to the 2008 Packers than Brett Favre has.

Brett Favre

- Arm Strength

Rodgers has good arm strength but it doesn't compare to Favre's. He hasn't lost that arm strength yet and I don't see it going anytime soon.

- Accuracy

Favre is an accurate QB. Now he has made bad decisions but in terms of threading the needle, Favre does it better.

- Experience

It's always good to have a QB with experience when your in the post season.

- Leadership

Favre is a proven leader.

- Toughness

Ultimate Ironman.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers strengths:
He can grow a better "**** stache" then Favre.

Favre's strengths:
He has the Huck Finn "Aww shucks" routine down pat.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers

- Youth

- Scramble

We saw it in pre season and we saw in against Dallas. Rodgers can move better outside of the pocket and runs much better than Brett Favre does.

- Committed

Rodgers was here all off season. Brett Favre wasn't. Rodgers has perfect attendance and has done nothing short of preparing to be the Packers starting QB. Rodgers has been more committed to the 2008 Packers than Brett Favre has.

Brett Favre

- Arm Strength

Rodgers has good arm strength but it doesn't compare to Favre's. He hasn't lost that arm strength yet and I don't see it going anytime soon.

- Accuracy

Favre is an accurate QB. Now he has made bad decisions but in terms of threading the needle, Favre does it better.

- Experience

- Leadership

- Toughness

Ultimate Ironman.

that pretty much sums it up. Accuracy wise... I'm still going with Aaron Rodgers though. In the little bit of real time action we saw him play he went 11 for 12 at one point. and its been a strength of his since he was in college. so just for arguments sake.. im stickin this in Arods corner.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a better deep ball than Favre. I believe coaches have mentioned this occasionally.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a better deep ball than Favre. I believe coaches have mentioned this occasionally.

Blasphemy!!!

Comments like this will get Favre back here in a hot minute

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARods youth.

Brett Favre is a great leader but I get the feeling he would be a far better one on a veteran team. I think he feels a little uncomfortable in this situation with so many kids out there (comparatively speaking). I believe the younger guys were getting their arms around ARod as the new leader and can relate with how much he's dealt with waiting to take over.

pigeo000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So were trying to compare a guy who was elected to the pro bowl last year with a guy who hasn't started a game. Rodgers has to live up to a lot this year if he wants to get accepted by the fans. Personally, I know he isn't on that level yet and he could be there and I am willing and eager to see him play, but every other packer fan won't be as accepting, they want to see Favre regardless.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe so. However, was '07 a fluke? Favre's deep ball in '07 was downright magical. Keep in mind, in '07, more passes completed 40+ yards than Tom Brady.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers

- Youth

- Scramble

- Committed

Brett Favre

- Arm Strength

- Accuracy

- Experience

- Leadership

- Toughness

Ultimate Ironman.

Porky - Spot on. No arguments from here.

pigeo000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Forum wont mean anything unless you have them both in camp. Maybe we should compare Brohm and Rodgers

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers can move better outside the pocket, but I think Brett moves better inside the pocket. Brett has a knack for making people miss.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers can move better outside the pocket, but I think Brett moves better inside the pocket. Brett has a knack for making people miss.

Good call. He also has a knack for breaking tackles. You'd see what should be an obvious sack then the next thing you know, you see a DE on the ground shaking his head while Donald Driver is running for enough YAC for a first down.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts